2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
best family car I've ever owned
By Dave C. on 02/13/10 08:44 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2003 Accord nearly 7 years and it is by far the best family car I've ever owned (I've had many). I have *never* had a problem with it -- just regular maintenance. The design is a good balance of power, fuel economy, comfort. A little boring to drive compared to my sports coupe, but that's because it's a family sedan, no fault of its own

Losing it
By A. Jenkins on 08/26/07 17:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven Hondas for many years and paid a premium price for their cars. Late last autumn my Accord started to have what I thought was a slight engine tap when it was cold. I took it into a Honda dealer for an assessment. The written assessment stated that their was a slight piston slap but only when the engine was cold. Honda considered the piston slap acceptable. Of course the noise continued to get worse and finally, after a great deal of agravation Honda agreed to replace the engine. They did not provide a loaner nor refund the cost of the analysis. The car runs fine now but I have certainly downgraded Hondas prefered status. Alex. Jenkins

Has been a great car
By Eric on 05/26/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good value for the price. Only problem has been a door rattle that the dealer fixed. This is my 5th Honda and have never had a problem. Sound system is over the top. Seats could be more comfortable, and leather not as nice as my wifes Volvo. Can rarely get more than 31 mpg on the freeway out of the V6.

Shake, rattle and roll
By fed_up_with_Honda on 08/15/05 17:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good design, good technology. Very poor build quality, reminiscent of '70's GM. Too many rattles to list (dash, seatbelt adjuster, exhaust, etc). A/C clunks every time it cycles on. Brake pads worn out at 30000 miles (under warranty). I had similar problems in a '95 Civic. Since manufacture moved to North America, QA has gone way down. (Sorry, but its the truth). I have owned many Hondas over the years (even motorcycles). But no more. Will no longer pay steep premium price for such poor quality. Will trade in on a Ford or GM. I expect the same quality problems, but will spend far less money.

A Nice Drive
By DreArf on 03/09/05 00:26 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First vehicle I have ever owned and it was new when I bought it. I have had so much fun driving it. Power is quite pleasant, but I do notice a slight hesistation before it kicks in when I accelerate hard. I have fine tuned it some by adding chrome rims, AEM cold air intake valve, AERO turbine performance mufflers, and special paint striping. I'm 5'4 and the visibility is okay, but if you're short you need to just get use to visually compensating when parking and driving in tight spaces. The design a lot of people seem to complain, but of course, if you own one it grows on you. The car has been a surprise to drive and I hope someone can enjoy this model as much as I have.

LX-V6... Good Value, Excellent Car!!
By Jason H. on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first BIG purchase right out of college and I'm glad I made this choice. The exterior design of the car took a little getting used to. Otherwise, the car's performance is great! It handles well and gets great gas mileage (about 30-31 on the freeway and 24-25 in the city). Seating is comfortable (in the front and back), plenty of trunk space and tons of power on the LX-V6.

One Year Later.......
By mazebl on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having bought the very first Accord made (1977), i was excited to get back in one after too many years of mom- mobiles. The reviews are mixed, but overall, satisfactory.

Accord LX6 great car!
By ZGuy on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful performance, and mileage. Lots of power w/ this V6 and 32mpg on freeway, 23 city.Excellent sound system w/ 6 disc changer. Frigid air and immediate hot heater.Love the power seat.Superb exterior trim and paint. Only non super thing is wind leaks on both front windows and 3 trips to Beaudry Honda have yet to resolve the problem. Everything else is very fine.

Excellent buy
By iluvgolf1 on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great experience overall. Smooth ride with plenty of power. Relatively quiet cabin at freeway speeds.

A great car
By Hebe on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have taken two long distance trips, the car is comfortable, handles great, and has excellent fuel economy. We could'nt be more pleased with the car. We feel that the touted Honda reliablity will be there.

1 2 3 4 5 next »