Used 2003 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Very pleased after 7 years
By Blake

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Accord new in 2003. It has met or exceeded all my expectations. We now have 200,000 km on the car and have made 2 unscheduled visits to the dealership. When the car was new, the low-washer-fluid sensor did not work, or was not connected. At 135,000 km the HVAC/Radio display went out and was replaced, no hassles by a good-will warranty. It's hard to find fault with this car. Clutch still works like new, very reasonable gas mileage, reasonable 4- cyl torque and Hp (161 and 160). Maintenance costs have been low. I am a true car enthusiast and while this car is not overly exciting, it does everything it is expected to do and does it well.

Favorite Features

HVAC climate control and stereo interface are very intuitive. Sunroof. Remote power-down for all windows is great on a hot day. Smooth engine and manual transmission. Dealer installed chin spoiler and trunk spoiler give it a little something that is missing from factory appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic locking doors when car is up to speed. (this may be standard in the US (don't know), but it is not in Canada.

Radio Problem
By rockwell

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The background display has gone out and no clock display. Seat belt light stays on continually. Other owners at different websites have reported the same problem. Very expensive to fix. I also own a 2009 Accord and I think I better sell it before problems arise. It feels less reliable than 2003.

Favorite Features

Engine

Suggested Improvements

Electrical system.

Cool Honda
By leo

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2003 Honda Accord is the best Japan car. I had it for 7 years. I bought it in 2003 and still have it. It runs great and it is a very fast car. The top speed I got it at the track is 140. My sister and I bought 2. She has one and I have one and I think you should buy one too. You will love your Honda Accord forever. Buy it! It will last you for long life.

Favorite Features

the inside and motor

Used 03 EX I-4 115.5k miles
By scott M.

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First Honda I've ever owned. This was the first year of this model so it had two design problems. The front motor mount had to be replaced and corrected with a stabilizer bar and windshield wiper motor had a new cover put over it because of water corrosion. I just replaced my front brake pads after 60k got tired of the new pads sitting in the trunk. I found I get better highway gas mileage with 5-30w 25cty/30hwy oil then using the 5-20w 26cty/28hwy. The only parts replaced because of failure was an O2 sensor at 63k and A/C ON/OFF switch. I do change oil at 3.2k to 3.5k and transmission fluid once a year.

Favorite Features

All

Suggested Improvements

head light covers.

Excellent Car, Great Value
By RMHonda

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new and has been a great value and still fun to drive. Efficient yet powerful enough to daily commute. I've tracked every tank of gas for this car... averages 33 MPG with a 5 speed manual transmission. Replaced front brakes and original tires at about 72,000 miles. Still original rear brakes. Only two problems - catalytic converter and O2 sensor. No other problems. Overall, a great driving experience.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, manual transmission

Suggested Improvements

Audio jack for MP3 player