2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Very pleased after 7 years
By Blake on 07/16/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Accord new in 2003. It has met or exceeded all my expectations. We now have 200,000 km on the car and have made 2 unscheduled visits to the dealership. When the car was new, the low-washer-fluid sensor did not work, or was not connected. At 135,000 km the HVAC/Radio display went out and was replaced, no hassles by a good-will warranty. It's hard to find fault with this car. Clutch still works like new, very reasonable gas mileage, reasonable 4- cyl torque and Hp (161 and 160). Maintenance costs have been low. I am a true car enthusiast and while this car is not overly exciting, it does everything it is expected to do and does it well.

Radio Problem
By rockwell on 08/22/09 20:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The background display has gone out and no clock display. Seat belt light stays on continually. Other owners at different websites have reported the same problem. Very expensive to fix. I also own a 2009 Accord and I think I better sell it before problems arise. It feels less reliable than 2003.

Cool Honda
By leo on 04/23/09 20:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2003 Honda Accord is the best Japan car. I had it for 7 years. I bought it in 2003 and still have it. It runs great and it is a very fast car. The top speed I got it at the track is 140. My sister and I bought 2. She has one and I have one and I think you should buy one too. You will love your Honda Accord forever. Buy it! It will last you for long life.

Used 03 EX I-4 115.5k miles
By scott M. on 02/13/09 19:46 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First Honda I've ever owned. This was the first year of this model so it had two design problems. The front motor mount had to be replaced and corrected with a stabilizer bar and windshield wiper motor had a new cover put over it because of water corrosion. I just replaced my front brake pads after 60k got tired of the new pads sitting in the trunk. I found I get better highway gas mileage with 5-30w 25cty/30hwy oil then using the 5-20w 26cty/28hwy. The only parts replaced because of failure was an O2 sensor at 63k and A/C ON/OFF switch. I do change oil at 3.2k to 3.5k and transmission fluid once a year.

Excellent Car, Great Value
By RMHonda on 02/08/09 11:13 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new and has been a great value and still fun to drive. Efficient yet powerful enough to daily commute. I've tracked every tank of gas for this car... averages 33 MPG with a 5 speed manual transmission. Replaced front brakes and original tires at about 72,000 miles. Still original rear brakes. Only two problems - catalytic converter and O2 sensor. No other problems. Overall, a great driving experience.

Nice ride
By nellie on 02/08/09 03:51 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my used accord in '07 w/ 58,000. This car looks nice, rides nice, but w a 13.5 gal tank my trip is only reading 320 miles til empty. What's that about 25mpg- (city/highway) I am little disappointed in the gas mileage, I got better in my 97' Saturn (28mpg). but over all I would buy another Honda because it's been two years and no problems, nada!!!

No Thrills but No Chills Either
By DCARR on 10/21/08 09:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Accord EX-L for almost 5 years now and its truly amazing. If you're looking for a car to wow you with performance and handling look elsewhere. But if you want a vehicle that looks classy, rides well, gets great MPG and does just about anything with ease get an Accord. I've taken it on long trips and even though its 5 years old with 40K miles I still prefer it over a rental car any day when I have the option for a business trip. Taught both my teenagers to drive in it and everybody survived! Easily the best all around car I have ever owned...I hope to keep it for many many years to come.

peppy, comfortable ride but low mileage
By chilehead on 09/24/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought this used to have a cash car and to get into something with better gas mileage than my truck. I love the styling and would say it on of my favorite years for being sporty and practical all in one car. I have lots of trunk space, the seats are comfortable and the stereo even sounds good. My main issue is I'm getting poor gas mileage. I wasn't expecting the EPA mileage, but for a 4-cyl, I was hoping for better than 20/30. I average about 23-24 mpg. I have explored all the gas saving tune ups too. I was getting 19-20 in my v-8 truck. I wish I would have opted for the 6-cyl as the mileage is about same with more oomph.

Best car I have driven so far
By ecvoyager on 09/05/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honda and I like it. After 5 years of drive, there still is no noise from inside. Way better quality than my previous Toyota Corolla. And with only a 2.4 L engine, this car accelerates so fast that I felt like in a sport car. And I got 25 GPS minimum when I drove in the city, way better than my previous Nissan Altima. My car only needs to replace engine oil every 10,000 miles. Save money. I never have any problem with my car, except may be one or two recall services by Honda. I love the car and passed this 2003 model to my daughter. I just bought a new 2008 Accord EX for myself.

Highly Reliable Honda Accord EX 4 Cyl
By Nova10s on 09/04/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 03 Honda Accord 2.4 cyl EX with leather. With 98,000 miles on it, this car continues to amaze me. The only non-standard repair involved the 6 CD changer/radio's electronic screen going blank and the dealer replaced the radio at no charge, even though it was out of warranty (this is a common problem I was told). My car averages 27+ MPG combined and on the highway, it easily exceeds 30 MPG. On my car, the maintenance items like the disc brakes have to replaced every 24,000 miles and the rotors roughly 50,000 miles. The tires on the back were the original tires until recently when I replaced all four tires. This time I'll rotate them, to get even wear.