2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Bad MechanicaL Design & Poor reliability
By newstripes on 12/02/11 08:42 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My experience with this car has been far from the perception og Hondas go forever, are reliable and great quality. We are experiencing the well known problems of excess oil consumption & timing chain issues. It seems the design of the engine & car makes it very dificult & costly to repair this requiring about 14hours of Labor according to our Honda Dealer. This car usues the most oil of any car i ever owned (3L per 5K) and has cost the most to maintain this year at so far $2000! Now This $2000+!!! all at 80,000 miles (130K Km).

Great Car
By Dor on 05/17/10 20:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in Feb. 2003 and I have to say that it is by far the best purchase I made. I use it every day to go to work, averaging 28 mpg (hwy + city). After over 100,000 mi I cannot complain of anything worth mentioning. The interior is simple and yet functional, Overall, a great car.

2003 Accord DX
By Rabih on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2003 Accord DX Auto from Gillman in Houston. I think the DX is the best value around as it is on average 2000$ cheaper than the LX. It is better equipped than ever with a CD player, power windows, ABS, Automatic and AC. The engine is smooth and the gas mileage is excellent. The build quality is up to Honda standards. The interior is comfy and attractive. The exterior is conservative but elegant. In brief, it is a very practical and reliable car.

great car for a great price
By smr on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

it is a great car for anyone i love it and have never have had a problem

Wasn't my first choice, but...
By LDP on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm pretty happy with the Accord overall. I wanted the CRV, but didn't like the way it rode. The car looks great and rides well, generally, but the city gas mileage is rotten. Also, the blind spots are very big. Finally, on one of the hotter days this summer, the wheels made this horrible, screeching, metal-on-metal noise that went away after a few minutes and came back periodically. It was only that one day and I never heard it again, but it was unsettling.

2003 Honda Accord Rules
By Mcdekim on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A great car to drive! Alot of car for the money. A powerfull car, but great on fuel.

Good solid car
By hchopra on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I got the dealer installed AC and got a pretty good deal out of it. I have noticed the stiff suspension on the DX but havent driven the LX to compare it with. There is a little more road noise as compared to our 99 camry. The 4 cylinder is powerful enough for this car but after 9000 miles i have noticed the growl of the engine getting louder.

The Best Car Ever
By icrant on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am very excited with the 2.4L iVTEC engine. With 66.7 HP/liter @ 5500rpm this is the best engine in its class (not talking here about BMW). The fuel economy is incredible (9.6/6.5 - automatic transmision). I am not planing to change it in the next 10 years.

Meet John Smiffs Junior
By JohnSmiffs on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 4th Honda Accord. Better powertrain, handling, roomier interior. Slightly reduced visibility than previous Accords. Does everything very good. Dealer installed Honda factory air on DX model was the deal clincher in addition to price/value. You will be glad you bought it when it is time to sell !

Honda Accord worth the Money
By Alireza on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Fun to drive powerful 4cyl. Quiet good gas mileage