2003 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

Average Consumer Rating 1,274 Total Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
VERY GOOD USED CAR
By hondas_rule on 04/14/14 13:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this as my work car this past Christmas break with 121k miles on it. These are great cars but Honda did have some troubles with this new body style in '03. The V6's eat up transmissions if you are the type to mash the gas and make the transmission shift under full throttle acceleration. The 4 cyls don't seem to have transmission issues. I had to replace the cruise control switch on the steering column which was an easy and cheap fix ( $35 on eBay ). The driver side door lock actuator which requires taking the door panel off went bad ( $20 on eBay ). Drivers seat belt light on the dash won't go out even though I have it buckled. Not that big a deal. Overall a great car for $5800

Failed Transmission
By willm3 on 10/30/13 01:28 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car but transmission is not dependable. I would not buy this car unless you are a transmission mechanic.

Scared
By bigjohn112 on 07/14/13 14:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I had read more reviews before buying this car for my daughters first. I found this car at a dealer. One owner, 119K, no wrecks, no damage. Car looked a drove great. AC did not blow as cold as I thought it should but they checked it and replaced a sensor. I am going to change the transmission fluid as soon as possible. But with all the talk about tranny problems I find myself listening for odd noised and weird shifting . We have only had it a few days, but may end up wishing I had got a 2004+

Faithful Honda owner..a little rattled.
By ajhall on 04/02/13 12:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Accord, also the first car I have ever bought without researching. My thoughts were "it's an Accord. I'm safe". Currently have 80k miles on it. The car has been great, plenty of fun to drive and ample room although the trunk is a little small. What you've read about transmission issues are true. Mine is going in the shop this week for a rebuild around 3k in price. Honda has seem to correct the issue in later models and has been known to split the tranny rebuild with you since losing a class action suit, but it's a little shameful to have to do on a car so young. I'm going to keep it 300k+ miles. Not my last Accord, but research each car individually before buying.

So far so good
By dannyboy on 03/28/13 21:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my new Accord LX in 2003. I still average 35 MPH on the freeway. The only problems I have encountered were the gear shift knob ($20) and the brake light switch ($150). So far no transmission problems. Brakes still good.

Not So Sure About Honda Anymore
By uthookem on 11/09/12 07:14 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this used in 2007 with 60, 000 from a Honda dealership. I always noticed that this car didn't have the smoothest downshifting, but other than that, it was great. I'm now at 125, 000 and it shifts hard quite a bit. Within the past months on 2 occasions it has refused to accelerate with my foot on the gas, and the check engine and TCS lights immediately come on. After reading many other reviews and complaints about this car, I'm sure I know what's about to happen...

Fantastic car! The best ever for me.
By snowatcher on 11/02/12 14:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had to write this review, as I have never felt about any car like I do about this one. When I bought it new in February 03, I thought it was the best value compared to competition. 10 years and 150K miles later, it proved to be more than that. It's super reliable, comfortable, runs like new, it brings the smile to my face every time I drive it. I do my own maintenance, which is really easy on this car. The things that went wrong: radio display (fixed by dealer for free), and brakes. I got tired replacing pads every 40K miles, so I put on Centric rotors and Akebono pads myself - best upgrade possible! OEM level performance, but much longer life and no dust. Highly recommended car!

Hitting 10 years
By emc8 on 10/05/12 05:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new Dec 02. I only have 73k miles on it. Reading all the other reviews I am wondering if I need to get rid of it. In the last 14 months I have to replace 3 different sensors to the tune of $1,200. The engine sounds louder than ever.. this is my 5th Honda and have always loved them. My fear if I keep it is the transmission will go based on other reviews. The exterior looks fair at best and this car has been garage kept.

Could not be more happy with my Accord!
By shehow on 07/09/12 20:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Short and sweet, this car is reliable and has it all. I have not had it in the shop once. Great in any terrain you put it through. You always hear people say Honda quality, well here you go. Quality all the way. I will for sure buy another honda. This car is my baby. If you are debating buying one... DO IT!!! :)

Great first car!
By 03hondaaccord on 04/28/12 19:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first car, a 2003 Honda Accord Lx (4 cylinder w/ Automatic.) I absolutely love it, it is good looking, comfortable, affordable, and drives perfectly. I bought mine used w/ 51743 miles on it and when driving at freeway speeds (65+) there is not a single squeak or rattle. Although the interior is a tan fabric, it has been very well maintained and all seats are very comfortable. If you are looking for your first car or just a replacement, this is a perfect choice.