Impressed
By First Accord on
2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
After much research, I recently purchased a used 02 Accord. I am a diehard supporter of American cars, but after getting two lemons in a row from GM I was convinced to try Honda. So far, I am really impressed after 1,000 miles. There is one rattle in the dash, but should be an easy fix. Many complaints I have read about are nitpicks to the car - minus some tranmission issues. The tranny issues appear to be fixed. The V6 doesn't get the best gas mileage...but is one of the best engines I've driven. I now understand "silky smooth". For those that complain about gas mileage - get the 4 cylinder. For those that want to have a little fun scooting the family around - get the V6! Great car!
Favorite Features
The V6 engine is great. Lots of storage, very roomy interior. ABS/Traction control have saved me more than once. 27.6 mpg on mostly highway driving is good for the power this V6 has. I think Honda worked out all the bugs for the 2002. Great used car buy!
Suggested Improvements
These are nitpicks here, but: automatic headlights, external temperature, monochromatic rearview mirror - all options that can be purchased, but when looking at used you take what you can get.