2002 Honda Accord EX V6 sedan.. A++
By david on
2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car 5 years ago with 48,000 miles on it from a friend who buys cars from the dealer only auctions.I did my research and saw the 02 EX V6 came with a lot of standard items that were options on the earlier years. I also saw that the earlier years had transmission problems. The V6 has plenty of power for this car.I have had no problems with this car. This is a GREAT CAR! I change the oil every 3,000 miles, the car just turned to 92,000 miles so I found a great deal on ebay for a COMPLETE timing belt kit. Local dealer cost 450.00 eBay 325.00 including shipping from a Honda dealership. That's the biggest expense I've had to put into the car.I Would definitely buy this car again. A+
Favorite Features
I like loaded top of the line cars. I looked on eBay a few years ago and got the factory fog lights and sunroof deflector, woodgrain steering wheel and woodgrain radio bezel at WAY below cost. I also lowered the car by 1 inch replacing just the springs what a BIG difference that makes in handling.
Suggested Improvements
Would have been nice with heated seats,It was offered on the Canada models in 02 but not till the 03 models in USA. The lumbar driver seat handle and lumbar mechanism is BAD.What a waste having it in the car! The road noise is a little too much, nothing turning up the radio cant take of. LOL