2002 Honda Accord Consumer Review: A GREAT car!

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

A GREAT car!
By moderate1 on

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2002 Accord sedan, but wish I had gone with the coupe :( and ABS. It's a great car I bought it used from the dealer in 2005 and luckily it still had some of it's warranty left had it so when the trans started slipping they fixed it and gave me a rental car all for free and had it fixed in a day. The reason I love it so much is because it's not like these new cars where you HAVE to take it to the mechanic to get it fixed because the engine is covered or it's got comp glitches. I can change my spark plugs easily and that I like. It's very loud when driving on the freeway, you can barely hear the person sitting next to you. If you take care of your car you should have no problems.

Simple easy ride. Engine is easily accessible making it easy to work on yourself or cheaper to get fixed because of that. It also never has broken down on me in 7 yrs, except when the trans slipped but that was under warranty and no problems since then.

Gas mileage is rubbish, I get 23 mixed street/hwy. Very loud inside the car when on the freeway as if both sides windows are a crack open. ABS should come standard.