2002 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Should of kept my old car
By tonieJ on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

And thats not saying much....my old car was a beat up fifteen yr old hyundai excel with 250,000 miles. A shopping cart hit my car in the parking lot and caused $1500.00 worth of damage. Looked like it was hit by a tractor trailer....the drivers seat detatched from the body two wks later sending my head crashing into the windshield....this is a safe car?!?

Some problems here
By grebby on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have always driven Honda Accords. A new one every 3 years or so since 1978. Well, This 2001 is no Accord I ever knew. After 3 months, a tap-tap- tap noise under load. found it when a bolt came out from under the dash- hope nothing too important. excessive windnoise- rain on the door trim panels is awfully loud- thin metal everywhere. Going over warning ripples the entire car resonates for about 15 seconds. Honda has taken Monocoque (unitbody)Construction past its useful limits. Paint flaws visible after paint curing. Seems like they took the insight and put a bigger body on it- cheap and too light. My Last Honda- period.

HONDA NEEDS A HELPING HAND
By skip on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 ex v6 Accord coupe based on the assumption that Honda builds a great car. That was a tragic error. My car has gone back to the dealer no less than 30 times for rattles, no start problems, and a loose front seat. My biggest complaint is the front drivers seat slips side to side and Honda can't seem to fix under my warranty nor will they provide a replacement seat I find the seat frightening that it can't support a 160 pound person!!!! The car is nothing short of glorified tin can. Honda has done one thing quite well and that is advertising how great their cars are.

Smooth Fast Honda
By Joe Doyle on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great, I got a great deal on it. It came with way more features than the crappy looking Camry and was far less. It's a Honda so it will be great on resale. Motor is smooth and quiet, I have the rear wing so it looks even better. Needs heated seats and an outside temperature gauge in it though, ride is good, gas mileage is ok for a 6 cyl. Toyota is way more expensive with less standard options. Can't wait for the new pilot to come out to buy one of those also. Go Honda...your products are the best. Toyota doesn't have a robot like Honda either.

Don't do it!!!
By DON'T do it! on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

#8 on my list BUT I fell for Honda's aggressive lease program and to save a few bucks, I signed. I've been sorry ever since. Gas mileage (15-18 city) SUX! The ride is EXTREMELY rough! Sunroof opens halfway. Loose screws and rattles found everywhere. A slug could beat this 'car' from a dead stop.

GREAT CAR
By avasquez on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE NEVER OWNED A HONDA BUT SEVERAL OF MY FRIENDS HAVE..I LOVE THIS CAR!

Best Coupe for the money!!
By speedracer on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Believe me, I shopped. I test drove everything from new Nissan Altima 2.5 and 3.5, Toyota Solara, VW Passat, to Acura CL 3.2 TypeS, and new Infinit G35. I even considered trucks and SUVs like Tacoma, Xterra, Frontier Crew Cab, to Lexus RX300. In the end, I still come to decide on the EX V6 Coupe and I can't be happier with my decision. The closest second runner was the Altima 3.5 which I like the smooth acceleration, but once you add up all the options you are looking at $3000 or more, plus 1st year "novelty tax". At $23,500 you have the best of all worlds: loaded safty features, luxury, style, performance and the most of all, Honda reputation and high resale value on this car.

Back Window Tinting
By disgruntled on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With the increase of sport utility vehicles, it becomes a nuisance driving in front of one, with their glaring headlights shining on your eyes. Regardless if the rear view mirror has a day and night option, as in all my other vehicles, I have always tinted the back windows, which I had done to the Accord. However, the window tinting shop I went to, told me the Accord’s back window on the top has a rough black dotted exterior which when putting on a tinted film does not blend into the glass smoothly, and thus creating a bubbly look which was precisely what happened after he installed the tint.

The Honda Accord SE Coupe
By A D on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is one of the most fun car's to drive. It comes with Honda's reliabilty and great handling. The fuel economy on the 4 cylinder is great. The car doesn't have the nip of the V6 but still delivers reasonable performance out of the 150 HP VTEC engine. In short, it is a real sweet car for its price

Best Honda Ever
By JoeKewl on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I think that this is he best car. It runs so smoothly and is very comfortable. It is the best car ever.