2002 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Least Expensive Coup
By AHNYC on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great, considering the price. I paid 16995 + 460 destination charge. I hear road noise and feel road bumps. This is usual in all midsize economy sedans.

Top Of The Line
By Jimjam on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a '02 coupe 3.0 EX V-6 Accord. Saying that it has exceded my expectations is high praise considering that I conducted months of research and drove a couple hundred miles while comparison shopping. It handles like it's on rails thanks to stabilizer bars which help the vehicle to stay level in tight turns. The powerful, silky smooth, free-reving engine is a delight to drive making it feel sportier and more fun to drive than most automatic transmission vehicles. The leather seats are comfortable. The car isolates road and wind noise better than my grandmas new $50K caddy, thanks to dampening materials & subframes.

Second Honda, and Very Satisfied
By DJC on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a 2002 EX V6 Coupe for my daughter in college. I researched several vehicles in our price range including VW and Toyota. I was very happy with the price and service that I recieved from my local Honda dealership. The car is increadable, I added the spolier which gives the car a nice sportier look. At this point I have nothing but praise for this vehicle.

Ex Toyota Owner
By puca1974 on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I used to own a Toyota Solara and was content. When it was time to get a new car my mind was set on another Solara until I test drove the Honda Coupe. After the drive I clearly knew which car to buy.

honda
By CLEVELANDEX on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Boring as it may be, the reliability, quality, and smoothness for the value is unmatched. The 2003 looks like a true winner. The 03 rear looks like the Benz, and the front looks like the acura CL with the overall body shape of the Nissan Altima. The new V6 is 240HP. You want excitement from an Accord? the 03 is the closest you'll get from a midsize.

Great looking, affordable,
By The Phammer on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Cool looking car, especially in the blue. I've only had it for 2 weeks & haven't heard any rattles & nothing has fallen off (the main problems in the other reviews, they must've just gotten lemons). Great controls lay-out, esp. the steering mounted audio controls. Should've made all seat controls powered, not just height. Also, you have to reach to grab the seatbelt. Moonroof should open more than just 3/4 of the way. I want an ashtray for trash. Also, need memory seat on driver's side to allow access to rear seats. Ride is nice as long as you don't treat the 4-cylinder as if you owned the 6-cylinder. 3 people in the back is not that comfortable.

Best Car In Its Class
By SteveVFP on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I did more research before buying this car than any other. Put it side-by- side with the Chrysler Sebring, Toyota Camry, Chevy Monte Carlo, etc., and dollar for dollar you will not find a better vehicle. Sure, this is my 6th Honda, but I gave the other vehicles every opportunity to win me over, and none came close. The Camry may be a smoother ride, but it will cost you a few thousand extra to dress it up with what comes on the Accord.

Great Car.. Few Problems
By MetallicaD on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car is great, but I have had a few problems that Honda cant explain. My SRS light comes on randomly. The dealer says that the leather on the passenger seat is TOO thick and its effecting the functionality of the airbag sensor on the passenger side. Also, had an ignition cylinder problem. Resolved with service, but still. Anyone else having similar problems? Let me know.. Other than these, the car is great!

Excellent Coupe!
By MD Tran on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Since I already own 2 Accord Sedans, a 1993 and a 1999, I thought I would go a different route and go with the Accord Coupe. I really like how Honda has given the coupe its own look, and the look is very nice. The back lights remind me of the Acura NSX and the overall design looks a lot sportier than its sedan brother. The interior design is pretty much the same as the sedan but it is very functional and not confusing at all. Back seat room is pretty good for a coupe, and the ride and drive is smooth and not underpowered. Overall, great car with good looks, good space, and good power for a 4 cylinder.

Should of kept my old car
By tonieJ on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

And thats not saying much....my old car was a beat up fifteen yr old hyundai excel with 250,000 miles. A shopping cart hit my car in the parking lot and caused $1500.00 worth of damage. Looked like it was hit by a tractor trailer....the drivers seat detatched from the body two wks later sending my head crashing into the windshield....this is a safe car?!?