Used 2002 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My first & last Honda
By davria

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car when gas prices went sky high & needed to get out from under my SUV. Seemed like a solid investment, clean carfax, only 55k miles. Only had to do minor stuff to it for the first 20k (brakes, tires, etc). Then the CEL came on and I started to smell gas around 79k miles, took it to a mechanic & car leaking gas, quoted $900 on the low end/$1500 high to fix. No dealership would take it as a trade because they couldn't transport it. Paid to fix it & replaced both wheel bearings, drove it another 2k and the transmission failed. Quoted $2k on the low end/$3500 high, paid to fix it and the CEL came back on, needs new evap canister & TCS keeps kicking on. I'd never buy another Honda.

Nice looking, driving, comfortable car.

Everything. I've put almost $3500 into it in the last 6 months (gas tank, wheel bearings, transmission, etc) and still not done, it's causing me some serious insomnia. Wish I never sold my SUV. :(

So far so good
By Anita

2002 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased this honda accord v6 coupe. It was a decent price and looked like it was well taken care of. Love the power and the handling. With all the snow and ice in philly right now, the traction control system is awesome and much appreciated. My only concern when I bought it was that it has 269K miles on it already. I had 2 people look at it and they couldn't find anything wrong so I bought it. It drives like it's brand new. You would never guess it had that many miles on it. Time will tell how much life I can squeeze out of it.

Leather interior, 6 CD changer, TCS, smooth ride, strong engine

I really wanted heated seats but I know that was added on later models...also, the driver seat can't be pushed up the way the passenger side seat can so it's harder to get in on that side.

Hope I don't jinx myself!
By Rick

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Just happened to come across these reviews, thought I'd toss in my .02. I have over 245,000 miles on my 2002 Accord, 4 cyl. auto, and have performed all scheduled maintenance: timing belts @ 90K, oil change every 5- 7,000 miles, trans fluid changed, the works. My first Honda, a 1990 Civic, had over 250,000 miles before I bought the Accord. I do lots of highway driving, but have no reason to stray from Hondas.

My favorite feature is having it paid off. Not a looker, just reliable transportation.

BUY ONE
By love-it1191

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this ex v6 from a local dealer about a year ago with 54k on the odometer. Today there is just over 90k. Ive gone on several trips to the mountains and MI over the year. The v-6 has great acceleration, the traction control comes in handy with this powerhouse. The tranny at times hesitates and has issues finding the gear it wants but thats only when its cold. The ride is great, in the twisty roads of the mountains it handles like a sports car but smooth like glass on the highway. I would suggest this car to anyone, in the past year and 36k later no issues what so ever, plan on running this one into the ground.

Exterior styling, color combo (black on grey leather), V6, build quality rated 9 because the sunroof squeaks in the closed position and when the windows are down and u close the door it sounds like the door panel is going to fall off, and love its Reliability

Heated seats, which they already did, and change the timing belt to a timing belt, more comfortable front seats.

Never Again
By Disappointed

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned three Honda Accords - the oldest accord I owned was a wagon and was by far the best one. The 94 honda coupe and 2002 SE both had transmission problems once 90k + miles were reached. I thought the 94 was just a lemon, but how could I buy a lemon twice from a Honda Dealer? The Honda was nice while it lasted, but that is the problem - they didn't last. I will be trading my Honda for a Toyota, and will not be purchasing anymore Honda's. As another poster mentioned, Honda has lost their "quality" in workmanship.

sun roof

improve the quality of the transmission and exterior paint