2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
As Good As They Say!
By Honda Guy on 01/15/08 07:48 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Honda (2nd Accord). I haven't had any major problems with this car at all. The drivetrain has been perfect. Only routine maintenance and at 72,000 miles, she still runs like a champ. Oddly enough, the fuel mileage has gotten better with age. The I-4 motor has plenty of power. The ride is still smooth. I can see keeping this car for another 100,000 miles before I even consider selling it for another Honda.

Fun Value
By Randy T on 06/28/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first non US big 3 car and I love it. Fun to drive, very reliable. I have over 100,000 miles and I'm still on my 1st set of brakes!

Love it, would own one again and again!
By Dani on 06/26/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a die-hard fan of Honda cars, I've own several of them and none has ever given me any reason for a major complaint. My current '02 EX V6 coupe is no exception. It is reliable, fun to drive, stylish, comfortable, affordable for all that it has to offer. Although it is an Accord, this coupe body style is not "bland" at all. It is unique and rarely can be seen on the road. While the combined average mileage of 25-26 miles/gallon isn't excellent, the V6 gives exceptional power to the drive. Keep up the oil changes and the engine will never fail. Excellent value for the price, exceptional car for its class.

Unbeatable deal
By kelly on 05/31/07 22:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought the 2002 EX used. It is exactly like my 2001 I bought new in late 2000. It is my sixth Honda and will not be my last. As before, I am still amazed at the build quality, power, economy, layout, design and dependability of these cars. The 2002 looks almost brand new inside and out. The seats are still in excellent shape as well all other trim parts. I traded the 2001 in on an SUV because we needed a larger vehicle, but I am so glad to get back into an Accord. Compared to anything it's still the best around. I love the way the fuel gauge doesn't move very much. We're planning on trading the SUV next year on a 2008 Accord.

Need a better transmission
By Transmission sucks on 04/15/07 15:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission began to jerk after 50000 miles and totally broke after 85000 miles. Spent more than $22K to get it fixed and now the driving is very smooth. There was also some transmission issue in my another Honda Accord (1996 model), which was totaled by a drunkard. Everything else is good.

Just What I Wanted
By Mr. DennyDennster on 03/19/07 09:16 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the car I wanted 3 years ago when I ended up with a Hyundai. I finally got my Accord Coupe. It is everything I ever wanted and more. Love the dark blue metallic paint, as well as the tan leather interior. Some of the interior plastic seems flimsy...but nothing too bad. The ride is remarkably smooth, and the car handles great. Overall I've been getting 26-27mpg, the same as my Hyundai, which was smaller. Wish the headroom and rear visibility was a little better, but hey, it's a coupe, and those are some trade-offs for having a coupe.

2002 Honda Accord EX review
By Jim on 03/10/07 17:42 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very pleasant riding vehicle. Very good visibility. I had no major problems with the car. Handles excellently on dry and wet pavement.

love my accord!
By brandy on 02/24/07 10:36 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with my accord the first time I saw it! It was loaded! It had the fog lights and lip kit and aftermarket rims. It's been a great car and I have had a kit on it for a few years now. It handles well and I haven't had problems with my tranny that some have had with this model accord. I love that the seat is fully adjustable cause i'm a shorty! If you have an opportunity you should buy one of your own!

2002 Accord LX
By 2nd Accord on 02/23/07 12:05 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car in 2004 with 30K miles. It is moderately equipped (all pwr, auto, 4cyl.). Three years later, it has only needed gas, oil, some new rubber, and a brake switch. The seats are a touch firm for my taste, but I only drive it on road trips (wife's car). Great gas mileage. Acceptably quick (typical 4cyl sluggishness off the line, but great passing power). This has been a fantastic car for us. Few complaints.

Good but a bit much for the money
By Dm on 02/17/07 17:46 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, I love the gas mileage for a V6 and the car is more than comfortable. The standard stereo system is nice and clear at loud volumes. However for the money, I wish I would have shopped around better, its nice but a typical family sedan. Could have gotten something a bit sportier and catchier to the eye.