2002 Honda Accord 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 77K Dealer Maintained, Bad Transmission

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

77K Dealer Maintained, Bad Transmission
By thx123 on

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Clearly this model's transmission has a design flaw. So many transmission failures at 70k mileage. I used to believe that people can drive a Honda and not worry about any major problem before 100K. It's certainly not the case for us, though our Accord has always been dealership maintained. My Honda dealer first asked us to spend nearly $1k to replace two broken engine mounts, then told us the transmission still needs to be replaced, and would cost another $4,6K, which is comparable to the kbb's used car price. It's a class action law suit waiting to happen. I think we've got enough people just from this review page. Honda, please take this issue seriously, don't try to hide from it.

Favorite Features

Reliability (used to be), not any more.

Suggested Improvements

Honda, be an honest car maker so people can follow.
By adr25
on 04/05/11 17:16 PM (PDT)

How did you go about talking with Honda to get them to cover costs? Mine needs a new transmission at 124,000 miles. The vehicle is in great shape, but I don't want to spend the $3,000 the mechanic is asking for to replace it! I thought Honda's were built better than this!?