Used 2002 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda is the best! Simply not true.
By alpha

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in 2004 with 38,000 miles. I was told that Honda is the best. I replaced the transmission twice at 48,000 miles and again at 92,000 miles. I do all the recommended maintenance using quality parts. I start experiencing loss of power, so I did a full tune up, used super gas, but still the car wont pick up speed and can be dangerous merging into the highway with poor acceleration. Mechanic said nothing else can be done to solve this problem. Some of the interior is cheap plastic easy to break or crack. I'm just stuck with it for now. But will never buy a Honda again, I learned my lesson .

exterior look

Better transmission. Transmissions are supposed to be serviced every 20,000 miles not replaced or rebuilt.

I am a very satisfied Honda owner
By ryankiel

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It was my dream to by a reliable car, although I never thought I could afford a Honda. Well, I had the opportunity to buy my Honda four years ago when it had 25000 miles on it. Now it has 75000 miles on it, and I still have not had any problems. It runs like a top. My goal is to reach 300,000 miles, and it seems very likely that that will happen. I have been very careful to maintain it. Although some Accords have had transmission problems, I hope with mine it will never happen. It seems that with Hondas, usually if they are maintained, they will run for a long time.

Comfort, reliability, decent gas mileage, roomy, smooth ride.

There is a slight buzzing somewhere in the cabin.

I Love My Honda!
By philliplove1290

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This car is amazing! Bought it at 59,198 mi. and I'm still as in love with it as when I bought it! Shifts BEAUTIFULLY! Cruise control is fantastic. Now at 66,000 mi. it's still running fine. I hope to keep this car for many many many years to come! I love this car!!!!!!!

Bucket seats are very comfortable, CC, idles perfectly, very quiet, low emissions.

Transportation Specialist
By Loomanite

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I drove this car off the showroom floor in April 2002, and it has been completely trouble free. Did the major service at 105K miles. Prior to spending the $1K I thought about getting a new car, but recognized that it would probably service my needs for another seven years at substantially less of a cost than a new car (with higher insurance rates, registration rates, sales tax, etc.). True, it lacks the excitement and this model is a common sight on the road. But that helps explain its magic. A wise choice for any consumer truly concerned about the total cost of ownership.

Another defective transmission
By Paull

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like many others have a defective transmission with only 91,000 miles. Honda won't fix it. The transmission was slipping for many years but got worse the last 2 months. I went online and was surprised by all the other Accord owners with the same problem, which really surprised me about a Honda car. There were so many complaints that I was not sure why there is not a recall. I thought Honda had great quality, bad this did not happen in my case. By the way, the new transmission will cost me $35,000.

Too mad to come with any right now, but I am sure there are a few.

Unhappy with quality, especially the transmission and suspension.