2002 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda Accord Review
By thorlo on 11/22/06 08:20 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Accord is reliable and fun. Responsive and steady. Great gas economy and not a single problem so far.

Reliable
By Owner Experience on 08/09/06 10:54 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 110K and going strong. The car is reliable. I have replaced brakes - front (1) and rear (2), and tires. I have come to expect reliability in vehicles and have not been disappointed in any I have owned. This is no exception.

Simply excellence
By mark tilley on 05/30/06 17:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I loved it when I first saw it! I knew Accords were excellent vehicles based on previous ownership. While it has high miles, I knew if it was well maintained there shouldn't be any problems. The previous owner took great care of it. The interior was virtually flawless. The room is adequate (not bad for a 6'3" guy). The controls are easy to reach. The ride is the best I ever had. That car hugs the road like nothing I ever driven! It had met and exceeded even my Honda expectations. If you're looking for driving perfection in the form of a new or used car, this is the one for you!

Excellence
By Roger Millnitz on 02/21/06 14:55 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Accord for 4 years now. It's only required the normal maintenance, with the exception of new brakes, front and rear. It's been a great car, and fun to drive. It's interesting to compare this with the first Accord I owned...a 1986 LX. I'd drive up into the Rockies at 45 mph, tops! This car cruises easily up the slopes at 70 mph, and isn't breathing hard. It has a sumptuous feel to it today, even four years after I bought it. I'd heartily reccomend an Accord to anyone who's quality conscious.

Impressed
By First Accord on 02/12/06 12:50 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After much research, I recently purchased a used 02 Accord. I am a diehard supporter of American cars, but after getting two lemons in a row from GM I was convinced to try Honda. So far, I am really impressed after 1,000 miles. There is one rattle in the dash, but should be an easy fix. Many complaints I have read about are nitpicks to the car - minus some tranmission issues. The tranny issues appear to be fixed. The V6 doesn't get the best gas mileage...but is one of the best engines I've driven. I now understand "silky smooth". For those that complain about gas mileage - get the 4 cylinder. For those that want to have a little fun scooting the family around - get the V6! Great car!

Overall, great dependable car
By Megan on 01/16/06 20:36 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 2002 Accord EXL was my first new car purchase and I am very pleased. I knew that I needed a reliable car for at least the next five years and that's exactly what I got. Low maintainence, great fuel economy all in a package that is fairly classy. My only complaint is the pick-up -- I dont know if its just the reality of my car getting older, but my car's acceleration has decresed appreciably.

My Accord
By tombob on 11/28/05 16:23 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Overall a great, reliable car. I've never had any problems with it and it now has 53k on it. Handles very well and gets good gas mileage. Its not the most exciting car to drive, but it gets me from point a to b. Upgraded to rims instead of hubcaps and it is a nice touch. The eternal blue is a very pretty color and I have received many comments on it. Trunk spoiler is a must. The 4 cyl could have more power, doesn't really have a lot of power when accelerating. Cloth seats are still in good shape as well as carpet and floor mats.

I am so disappointed.
By Bonnie M on 11/22/05 16:03 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Accord because it was supposed to be so wonderful. I bought it new and I've had problems with the car since early on. The car now has 51,000. The brake rotors have been resurfaced twice. The door lock motors have all failed. The power window motors have all failed. The air conditioner compressor had to be replaced. The car has never shifted gears smoothly. It gets terrible gas mileage, especially when the air conditioner is on. I am lucky to average 22 mpg and that is driving under the speed limit. My "reliable" Honda has cost me a pile of money in repairs. So far, the engine has not failed, I guess that will be next. I wish I had bought something else.

Honda Accord 2002 SE - Not too satisfied
By DG on 11/15/05 09:50 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The ride comfort of the Honda is very poor. The economical part of the vehicle is very good. The transmission is the weak part of the 2002 (4cyl) model. Vehicle has been checked out twice by the Dealer. Dealer cannot find problem. The transmission downshifts and upshifts very harsh at intermediate times. There is not a pattern to problem. Now I worry if I am going to be broke down on the side of the highway at some time in the near future and not covered by warranty.

Honda
By Kenny on 11/02/05 23:27 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car used at 40k miles; been driving it for 4 months. Gas mileage is a little shy of what I was hoping for... getting 24 mpg average; however, it suits my 2 car seat life style nicely. Immediately upgraded the cloth interior w/Classic Soft Trim leather and the car looks brand new. As I read the other reviews, several things stand out as true; wind noise above average, low beams are low at night, rattles and bumpy ride is evident on less than average roads, and the cruise control works to hard...after hitting resume hang on, because the respones is equivalent to you mashing the pedal to the floor. Overall, sexy family hauler w/$3k in upgrades; leather interior, tires/rims, etc.