2002 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Fun Value
By Randy T on 06/28/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first non US big 3 car and I love it. Fun to drive, very reliable. I have over 100,000 miles and I'm still on my 1st set of brakes!

Unbeatable deal
By kelly on 05/31/07 22:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought the 2002 EX used. It is exactly like my 2001 I bought new in late 2000. It is my sixth Honda and will not be my last. As before, I am still amazed at the build quality, power, economy, layout, design and dependability of these cars. The 2002 looks almost brand new inside and out. The seats are still in excellent shape as well all other trim parts. I traded the 2001 in on an SUV because we needed a larger vehicle, but I am so glad to get back into an Accord. Compared to anything it's still the best around. I love the way the fuel gauge doesn't move very much. We're planning on trading the SUV next year on a 2008 Accord.

Need a better transmission
By Transmission sucks on 04/15/07 15:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission began to jerk after 50000 miles and totally broke after 85000 miles. Spent more than $22K to get it fixed and now the driving is very smooth. There was also some transmission issue in my another Honda Accord (1996 model), which was totaled by a drunkard. Everything else is good.

2002 Honda Accord EX review
By Jim on 03/10/07 17:42 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very pleasant riding vehicle. Very good visibility. I had no major problems with the car. Handles excellently on dry and wet pavement.

2002 Accord LX
By 2nd Accord on 02/23/07 12:05 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car in 2004 with 30K miles. It is moderately equipped (all pwr, auto, 4cyl.). Three years later, it has only needed gas, oil, some new rubber, and a brake switch. The seats are a touch firm for my taste, but I only drive it on road trips (wife's car). Great gas mileage. Acceptably quick (typical 4cyl sluggishness off the line, but great passing power). This has been a fantastic car for us. Few complaints.

Good but a bit much for the money
By Dm on 02/17/07 17:46 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, I love the gas mileage for a V6 and the car is more than comfortable. The standard stereo system is nice and clear at loud volumes. However for the money, I wish I would have shopped around better, its nice but a typical family sedan. Could have gotten something a bit sportier and catchier to the eye.

Great car, expect many years out of it!
By markusei on 02/09/07 07:24 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car from Roadsport Honda in Toronto in July of 2006. I have put about 22,000 km on it so far already and have to say that it is a far cry from my 98 Malibu junk. The honda is responsive and gives pretty good fuel economy. In the cold winter I get about 25 mpg (I did the calculation), Summer gives me about 29-30mpg. Not bad. Good automatic, very reliable vehicle. Does everything better than my 98 Chev Malibu could do. It felt like I was stepping into an entirely different class of vehicle.

My Baby
By PSU98 on 02/01/07 20:07 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car bought in 2002. I could not be happier with the purchase. It seems to run as well as the first day I owned it, and it now has over 50,000 miles. I plan on owning it for at least 5-7 more years. The handling is outstanding. The power is not overly impressive, but very adequate for daily driving. Passing on the interstates is not a problem. Another strength is the resale value, which reflects the outstanding build quality of this car. I just feel smart owning this Honda. A great blend of economy and reliability.

2002 Accord
By JOE on 01/01/07 09:23 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car but many squeaks and rattles i had a 1991 accord with 215,000 miles and it was a more solid car what happened honda?This car has 160,000 miles on it

5 years old and very few problems...
By Mike Sanders on 12/29/06 17:10 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My 2002 has been a very reliable car. I have the 4-cyl. and it is peppy enough to be fun and safe. I did have the service light come on, twice, because of a fault in the air- bag system. The dealer fixed it both times, under warranty. Also, I had to replace the battery, at around the four year point. Aside from regularly scheduled maintenance, that's it! I've owned over a dozen cars and I've never had a more trouble-free experience.