2002 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
just ok
By finl0474 on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is my 5th honda since 1988, and my fourth accord. I also had a 2000 civic si. hondas are not reliable. the 88 never had any unexpected mechanical or electrical failures. my 94 and 2000 accords were mechanical and electrical nightmares within the first year. 2002 v6 ex coupe is already experiencing electrical problems and gas mileage is below the estimate, it only has 16000 miles on it. the v6 is not as powerful as it should be. but the automatic transmission is less than an adequate performer. I would rather have this car in a 5 or 6 speed manual, which was impossible to find. there are also a number of blind spots in the car.

Finally I bought Japanese
By T. bone on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After owning a VW jetta and spending thousands on annual repairs we decided to try Honda and I wish we had did it sooner. Great Car Awesome amenities!!!

cheap junk
By faulty advertising on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a little over a year into a 3 year lease on a Honda Accord SE Coupe. My cash will NEVER go to Honda AGAIN! Little is as promised, bad mileage, pitiful quality, most of the 150 horses appear dead, headlights offer little light, rattles and squeeks everywhere. Service will have a long list of warrenty repairs before I dump this loser later this year. LOOK ELESE WHERE!!

WHAT HAPPENED HONDA?
By Robert chase on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Being a loyal Honda buyer for several years and having a short experience with an unreliable European sedan I decided to come back to Honda. I bought a 2002 Accord with all the options including leather interior and spoiler. The car has been nothing more than a complete dissapointment. The fuel economy very dissapointing as well as the ride and comfort of this car. The car is noisy and the interior appears to be put together VERY cheaply with tons of squeeks and rattles to visit the dealership over. I owned 5 Hondas before my Volvo and they were high quality cars that were comfortable and drove well. Honda what are you doing to your cars?

Greatest Midsize to date.
By Gecko8 on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has it all, it has the reliability, the fuel economy and power for a car its size, and the leather and cushy interior makes it feel like a luxery car. I never had one problem with this car, and it is my first foreign purchase. I now am looking to buy nothing but Honda because my experience w/this car has been nothing but great.

no more Hondas
By HYPE by honda on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Had the Accord SE 2door 13 months. Attracted by the exterior looks, promise of GREAT mileage, Honda quality and the best lease going. Been dissappointed for 13 months. Mileage is NOT as promised, fabric is CHEAP and rubbing thin on armrest areas, light put out by headlights is so low that I use the high beams, loose screws found everywhere, constant rattle in the dash, visor mirror covers rattle when visors lowered, heater VERY slow A/C is worse, took MONTHS to coordinate rear view mirror with vertical power seat settings and "tilt" steering wheel to stop my right leg from falling asleep after 30 minutes. The dealer is less than responsive.

accord ex v6
By nomad on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's powerful, edgy and fun to drive. It is home away from home.

Come-up
By dannie254 on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I'm totally in love with this car. Perhaps it is because I'm making a come- up from a 1999 Hyundai Elantra. After replacing the transmission 7 times - yes 7 - reliability was at the top of my list of priorities. The dealership, Sussman Honda in Philadelphia, treated me well and I got a great deal. I went into the dealership ready to buy a Civic. When I saw this car, I fell in love. Not only was it an emotional buy, but it was a smart buy too! I plan to keep this one until it falls apart, but I have a newfound loyalty to Honda now.

Great car!
By klowhorn on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second import, my first was a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant. This car is so much better. It is quicker off the line even though horse power ratings are the same. It rides smoother, has better construction, and better fit, finish, and quality of materials.

My Dream Car!
By Joy L on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've always wanted a black Honda Accord Coupe and I've finally got it! My 2002 SE has a smooth and flawless ride that is synonymous with Honda. The woodgrain accents are sleek and add a very elegant appearance to the vehicle. The exterior paint has a high gloss and the alloy wheels give it an even sportier look.