2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
This car is extremely reliable
By Jon Mullis on 03/17/09 14:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I drove this car off the showroom floor in 2002. I can't say enough great things about it. For 2002, this car was loaded and came with 6 disc changer, moonroof, rear spoiler, and leather seats. I drive this car all around VA and get about 33-35 MPG on highway. I can usually get about 450- 500 miles on a single tank. It's unfortunate the newer Accords don't get the mileage this one has, however I guess with the increase in size, you compromise MPG.

Bad Experience
By Toolman on 03/04/09 08:52 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I will never buy another Honda product. I have had to have the transmission rebuilt twice in this vehicle. Once at 77,00 miles, and again at 103,00. American Honda offered no assistance when I contacted them. Search the internet and you'll find numerous complains about problems with failed transmission on this model. I'm going back to Toyota for my next car purchase.

Boring and Faithful
By can't keep awake on 10/19/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new. No problems with anything but brake pads, which it eats like candy. No trans problems because I drain and fill the trans every 15,000 miles. I have 127,000 miles of rush hour freeway driving on it. Unfortunately, this is the most boring car I have ever owned. It has all the personality of a refrigerator. In fact this car is only an appliance.

Fabulous Honda!!
By Maggie on 10/11/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Love my car!!! This is only my second car. I have had her about three years. I do not keep up on the maintenance as I should and yet she has never given me any major problems. The only problem i have had is the driver window motor went out, easy fix did it myself, and replaced battery (normal). No other problems. This is an excellent starter car.

Excellent car for the money
By Jay on 09/12/08 16:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with about 65K miles on it and it has been great to me so far. Now with 130+K miles it has not yet had any problems. Fuel economy is not as good as I expected (23-32mpg) but still very good compared to others. I have no regrets buying this car and would gladly buy another.

This car is fabulous!
By kschmitz16 on 09/04/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ok so I move to Montana and did a lot of car reviews and found this Honda Accord that was just the right price. I absolutely love the car it now has 60,000 miles on it and I have not had one problem in this past year. To keep a car in good shape you have to have regular maintenance. For ex. Oil change, tranny fluid flush. Up keep. Hondas are so reliable and I could not be happier with it. People have problems with cars if they don't take care of them. I love my car!

I want to drive this off a cliff
By RicanZ24 on 08/21/08 21:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Where do I begin. At 60k the transmission went out on me. At 80k I have a crack in my engine block so I had to replace it. I had replaced the 6 disc CD changer 3 times now. I hear so much about how reliable Hondas are but this car isn't proving it. I can't wait to get rid of it. This car has done nothing but cost me more and more money out of my pocket. The amount of money I had spent already I could have bought something else. I will never buy Honda again.

very impressed
By da bomb on 08/11/08 09:44 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 29,000 miles on it and have averaged 25,000 a year on it and have not had a single solitary problem, not one. Plenty of power for the size vehicle, gets good highway mileage. around town i get around 18 mpg, but i drive like an idiot. I also found the fold down rear seats to be useful on more than one occasion. Good stereo system.

Bring your own transmission
By Anonomous on 08/02/08 23:53 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Accord new because they are supposed to be low maintenance cars that run forever. After warranty expiration, I learned that "forever" is slang for until your warranty expires. Even though my car is six years old, it only has 40,000 miles on it and I'm replacing the transmission. I've learned that this is a very common problem among hondas. It does have a flimsy front cup holder that won't stay latched and has a lot of road noise when driving at high speeds. With only four cylinders, it's a little gutless when getting onto the freeway. All these things could be overlooked if I could just get the transmission to let drive it.

Hot car, Great Ride
By Linda in Denver on 08/02/08 22:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car, bought it with 30K miles on it in 2005, now at 75K, three years later. This car has not given me ANY problems at all. I have it serviced regularly. I've gone through one set of tires and one battery. It is fun to drive, love the V-6 power. It looks brand new after a good car wash and I get compliments on it all the time. This is the best body style Honda has ever had. I will be sad to see the day I have to put the old girl down.