Used 2002 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Transmission
By Red King

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Made it to 126K, the transmission started slipping and a few months later thats all she wrote. The lights began to flash (engine, maint, and the D). Brought it to an honest transmission repair shop and he told me it was JUNK. $2000. to $2500. to rebuild it, 6 weeks before replaced timing belt, balance belt, water pump, sway bar bushing, plugs, transmission seal between engine $$$. Was a 3 Honda family not again. Thanks Honda

Fantastic Car
By crashrecovery

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best built, most reliable car I have ever owned. Replaced front brakes once, 2 batteries, 2 sets of tires, upgraded plugs to e3 and wires to Granatelli MPG+ 8 mm and installed a K&N filter in the factory air box. I've done oil changes every 3000 miles and just recent;y changed the trans fluid. Now it isn't a sports car, but it wasn't built to be. If that's what you want, get something else. The minor upgrades (< $225) have increased my fuel economy to 27 mpg! Any car with 100,000mi that runs this good and gets 27 mpg is a great ride!

Low cost of ownership (if properly maintained).

Soften up the seats. Little larger side bolsters.

Yep you guessed it
By Michael

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bad Transmission. I was luckier than most. I made it to 150,000 before the dreaded check engine light came on. Other than the transmission and possum in my air intake, the car has been a great commuter. Where is the recall on this, Honda?

Fantastic
By Amanda

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love Honda without a doubt. I've had 2 Accords and one Civic and I probably would've kept them all except 1 was totaled in a crash (not my fault) and the other Accord was damaged by hail. The Civic was tried and true but I wanted to upgrade. I have had nothing but luck with Hondas. They have held up and been nothing but good for me. GREAT gas mileage on all of them. Awesome ride, nice and smooth and they keep going, and going and going. I am completely spoiled by Honda and refuse to buy nothing else.

I will never buy a Honda again
By Dawn Desser

2002 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe w/Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am on my 3rd Honda. My 2002 Accord only has 76,000 miles on it and the transmission went out. Cost me $3000.00 prior to that I had to replace the timing belt - had an oil leak also the master cylinder! Total in the past 4 months a whopping $4500.00. No recalls to speak of and HONDA AMERICA wouldn't do anything to assist. I have all my service records and always go to the HONDA dealership for repairs. HONDA has lost me as a customer forever.

There should be a recall on transmission.