Used 2002 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

WHAT HAPPENED HONDA?
By Robert chase

2002 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Being a loyal Honda buyer for several years and having a short experience with an unreliable European sedan I decided to come back to Honda. I bought a 2002 Accord with all the options including leather interior and spoiler. The car has been nothing more than a complete dissapointment. The fuel economy very dissapointing as well as the ride and comfort of this car. The car is noisy and the interior appears to be put together VERY cheaply with tons of squeeks and rattles to visit the dealership over. I owned 5 Hondas before my Volvo and they were high quality cars that were comfortable and drove well. Honda what are you doing to your cars?

Favorite Features

Tasteful factory aluminum trim. 6cd changer with cassette. Sleek coupe design. Nice Stock wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Ride quality, NOISY (road and wind noise), Fuel Economy, Interior quality (leather is thin and cheap interior squeeks and rattles constantly). A/C that can cool a black car with black interior.

What a wonderful car
By I like it

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

although the mileage is low

Jusr for the color!
By HKH

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 92 one before and when I wanted to change my car, I directly went to a Honda dealership. because LX doesn't come in red color, I got the SE. it doesn't have anything more than LX in performance but I love the alloy wheels and audio system. strange thing is that, in cold weather, the car is not as smooth as it is in the warm weather! specially when it's cold, there are some rattle sounds from dashboard that dealer said it's normal!

Favorite Features

audio system, moonroof, interior design, very little noise from engine.

Suggested Improvements

get rid of normal rattle sounds! other things, like ABS, come in 03 model.

Honda
By sbloustine

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful car. I have enjoyed owning it very much.

Favorite Features

6 disc in dash CD player

Suggested Improvements

Make driver/passenger front seat belts adjustable.

Another great Honda
By jacobwallace

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Loved my 97 Civic so much I bought my wife an 02 Accord EX. Fun to drive, roomy interior, huge trunk. Plenty of features, as usual on EXs. Realiability has been great so far, but it's only got 3900 miles. Transmission shifts perfectly smooth, doors shut with that great vault "thud". The dealer we bought from, South Tacoma Honda, in Tacoma, WA, has a great internet sales program - NO ONE else in the area would even match their FIRST offer via email - I didn't believe it, so I wasted 3 days trying to shop their offer around before I finally bought from them.

Favorite Features

Fit and finish are outstanding. Honda service still great - all functions operate perfectly smoothly, and the leather seats are outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Buy the optional cargo net, unless you want to hear your stuff roll around in the huge trunk all day. Also, use care when releasing the front seat seatbelts or metal will impact below doorpost - in a dark grey interior, the plastic shows these nicks as light grey.