2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great coupe
By benimal on 03/18/02 01:41 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this vehicle for about 2 weeks now. It's amazing. The only things it could use are a 5-spd tranny, and maybe a little more power. The ride is firm, but still comfortable. The seats could be a little more supportive, but are still good for holding you in the twisties. All in all, it's a pretty great car. A few more options/power and it could be exceptional!

Bullet proof reliability
By Robert407 on 03/16/02 21:32 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A 5-speed that almost shift's itself. Smooth is the word. Handles well, but 16" performance tires should be an option.

You call this a car
By WstCst on 03/15/02 18:11 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a Honda because people say they are great cars, are they ever wrong. The car feels very cheap and has to be taken into the shop every other week or so to fix some glitch. The interior quality is poor, not up to the standards of even the poorest domestic car. The gas milege, a measly 24 MPG quite frankly stinks. The price for this car was way to much for the car that you get. The pathetic engine can barely propel the car down the road, and the transmission has to down shift to even go around corners. Don't buy this vehicle

Proud to own an Accord
By dang tong on 03/15/02 09:10 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Accord is an excellent value car. No doubt, it's the most reliable, dependable car and has great resell value. If you are looking to buy an Accord. Good choice. Go for it. Can't go wrong. Get the EX-V6 if you can. I must say I regret for not getting the EX-V6 as my wife's. The reason I picked up the LX-V6 because it's less $$ and it's in the lot. From my point of view and experience, the EX-V6 worths every extra penny and it's a more enjoinable car. If you decide to go with 4 cycl. model, get the SE for best bang for $$.

Wonderful car
By M on 03/14/02 01:23 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First time Honda owner. Through all my research, reading and test driving. This car is hard to beat. My V6 runs silky smooth and quiet. It speaks softly but carries a big stick. Fit and finish both inside and out is above average. My major gripe is the sales personnel. I felt like a carcass among predators. The car sells itself; why do they act like vultures?

This is a smart buy
By juan on 03/12/02 16:03 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is a car that is relatively cheap has good quality and last long. I think is a great value for your money.

It's not a car, it's a Honda
By SteveS on 03/12/02 15:35 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 16 years driving Ford?Mercury products, and only ONE month in this car, I would hesitate to lease/purchase ANY other vehicle until this one has been test driven. Never have I had a more solid, quiet, responsive ride than I do from the Accord. Hills which required several downshifts from previous vehicles were no problem for the Accord - interstate driving is a true pleasure. Surrounded by leather and a luxurious sound system, one of our favorite things to do is take a drive !!

I'll sleep easy but.......
By honda fan on 03/11/02 20:04 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Smooth, honest drive but vanilla styling and not quite the Honda build quality I am used to. Excellent gas mileage but not as quiet as the new Camry.

WOW
By GEORGE on 03/11/02 01:04 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

WOW

THE BEST
By drewali on 03/10/02 15:38 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I OWN A 1998 AND LOVE IT SO MUCH THAT I CANNOT THINK OF ANY MAKE 2002 TO BUY THAT IS BETTER.THE VALUE,RESALE VALUE,QUALITY,RIDE,ERGONOMICS, GAS MILEAGE,HANDLING,COMFORT ARE SIMPLY PERFECT.IF YOU BUY THIS CAR YOU WILL LOVE IT AND NEVER BUY DOMESTIC AGAIN GUARANTEED!THIS CAR CAN GIVE ANY CAR IN ANY CLASS A MAJOR RUN FOR THE MONEY.THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ACCORD AND AMERICAN PRODUCTS IS NIGHT AND DAY.THE FEW DOLLARS PAID UP FRONT EQUATES TO LESS HEADACHES AND LESS OVERALL COST IN THE LONG RUN.