Used 2002 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Accord SE 2002
By wzwest

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Honda I have purchased and I would totally buy another in the future! This one is going to be my teenage daughter's in a few years...especially since it was rated one of the safest sedans on the road!

Favorite Features

Its accessibility to everything on the dash is a major plus! It has great openess...I don't have a problem with blind spots like other sedans.

Suggested Improvements

Only suggestion is to make the sedan a few inches wider for a little more space...although it is one of the roomiest sedans on the market.

Great Car and Very Safe
By iam5050

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 12k mls on it 5 monts ago.It now is approaching 30k. I have had no hints of problems at all. The car is very comfortable to be in for long periods of time and it handles very well. I would like to note, I was in an accident recently in this vehicle and it held up remarkably. I was rearended at a dead stop by an older full metal car that was traveling at 30 miles per hour.ALthough there was over 5grand in damage and sever whiplash, i think that it could have been worse. By the way, the airbags didn't pop. I like the car and would suggest it to anyone who is looking for quality at an affordable price.

Favorite Features

Leather, Fake Wood Sterring Wheel, Over all Comfort, Huge Trunk, 16" Rims, and Acceleration is Good.

Suggested Improvements

Windows Drip when it rains if you crack them. While on highway if you put window down a little its LOUD!!!!

Beware the Paint
By Steve Swafford

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car, we own the EX-L with all the goodies except the V-6. It's a nice car but we've had really bad luck with the paint. In the first year, we developed a rust spot near the passenger tail light on the trunk that the dealer gladly fixed. Next, about 4 months ago I was washing bugs off the front fascia when a dime sized portion of paint sloughed off. The dealer and the district rep both refused to fix the problem saying it was likely caused by a gravel striking the material. This is kind of odd that a pebble would cause this much damage, especially when we only drive on paved roads??? Really hurt my level of satisfaction.

Favorite Features

Seating, dash design, audio components

Suggested Improvements

Be responsive to customer needs and product flaws instead of trying to find a way not to help valued customers. My family has always owned hondas but this tarnished me a bit. Made me really appreciate my flawless 91 camry I had many years ago! It was a wonderful car.....

02' Honda Accord Coupe
By jhebrink

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, very positive. Although the fuel economy was a bit disappointing. I would sacrifice fuel economy for the V6 though. Very comfortable ride for a 45 mile each way daily commute. '0' maintenance problems I think it says alot about the car that one of my suggested improvements is as petty as cup holder placement.

Favorite Features

* In-Dash 6 disc CD * V6 * Traction Control

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked: * Dual climate control * Different placement for front cupholders.

02 Accord Coupe EX V6
By rnrmom03

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Got this car on a 2-year lease and regret we didn't just buy it outright. We lease all our cars and always love giving them back to dealership, but not this one, the dealer is going to have to pry the keys out of my deathgrip! (New baby won't let us keep it) The power is pretty good for 200 horsies and an automatic. Great all around car for non-family types; add the suggested improvements below and it would be unbeatable. No wonder you see them everywhere.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable seats - at 41 weeks pregnant, it was the only comfortable place to be! Fog lights and spoiler makes it MUCH better looking than new Coupe (the '03 is so ugly, what was Honda thinking?!) or Acura CL. Reliability is unbeatable.

Suggested Improvements

Pwr pass seat, htd seats/mirrors, stndrd fog lights/spoiler, auto-dimming mirror, more remote control options on steering wheel, and 5 or 6 Spd tranny please!!! Don't like how the rear plastic fender wobbles at high speeds.