2002 Honda Accord DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2002 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

great car
By Harris

2002 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

this is a great car in everyway, to its handling, stlying, and comfort. it has great heavy reponsive steering, and great accleration for a 4 cyclinder. styling is great no imatations. it gives generous room in the front and the back. honda is also some-what cheap for example; no automactic windows and locks standard, and no ash tray for lighter, for a car almost $20k??!!

Favorite Features

sound-system, a/c and heat

Suggested Improvements

power windows and locks should come standard, should have wood trim in more than one area

Couldnt be happier
By delrio

2002 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Value Package a week ago. The car is smooth and quiet. The engine is very responsive. I couldnt be happier with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Sound system. Quiet drive. Comfortable cabin.

Suggested Improvements

Power door locks and windows should be standard.

Life is Hard Enough. Simplify!
By Mikey J

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Honda Accord is one, if not the best built automobile on the road. It's reputation for quality and dependablity are undoubtably well known. They perform well, drive like a dream, with it's tight well designed suspension and they retain their resale value. Ever try trading in a Chrysler with 100K miles, and expect the dealership not to laugh at you because they are only going to give you 10 cents? Honda. It's just an awesome piece of work!

Favorite Features

Love the suspension. Love the feel of the car. Love the resale. Love knowing every morning my car will start when I turn the key! I rest easier at night because that is one thing I don't have to worry about.

Suggested Improvements

PLEASE redesign the Accord. It resembled the 98-01 Camry with it's "rubber-maid" front end. IT needs style, much like it had during the 90-93 era. Loved that car man! Make it sexier looking, make it sportier, and make it faster...I know you can do it, let's make it happen!

much better handling than an altima
By mcd2000

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

the altima no contest has more power (but crappy handling), but to match accord's standards, you would end up paying 28000 when you get an altima. plus it handles SO MUCH better than an altima, its engine is very responsive

Favorite Features

the handling

Suggested Improvements

a little more power

Honda Accord. Great car with no problem
By moose

2002 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my honda accord since July. I have put over 23,000.00 miles on it and thus far I have had no problems. I get 31 miles per gallon. It is easy to drive and to park. It is a great car. My prior car was a Dodge Intrepid. It was junk and gave me nothing but problems. I replaced every part on the engine and it continued to give me problems. Honday is the way to go.

Favorite Features

quite and smooth riding car. easy to park with good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The area to place the softdrinks in the front console could have been placed in a better position. .

best car
By smith999

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

best car ever

Great car! Great Quality
By NY Wong

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very good quality for this accord. Much better than some american competitor.

First Honda
By HondaDrvr

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Honda Accord for just over a month now, and what can I say about it, I LOVE it. This is my first Honda, I used to own a Chevy Cavalier which gave me lots of problems. So I decided to go with a Honda. I've got 6,000 miles on my car and it's only a month old! This car handles great on the highway, including the ability to shift the automatic into 3rd gear if you need that extra "get-up and go." I'm quite impressed with the pick up, since this is a family sedan. According to the owners manual, you can shift the gears in the automatic, as if it were a stick. I've done this a few times, from a traffic light and wow can this car go!

Favorite Features

The feel of the drivers seat, everything is within reach! I love the entire car.

Suggested Improvements

Xenon lights, some highway noise

Best buy in the Market
By Farhan

2002 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

its the best car i have had.

Suggested Improvements

add power windows

First Honda
By MOT George

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Honada purchase. What better to go with than the Honda Accord? I just recently traded in my 2001 Toyota 4-Runner (a little prier than I wanted). Got a great deal on an Accord.....got all the good stuff on it. Saw an earlier review saying the leather was rough and didn't look nice. I disagree. I think it is quite comfortable and looks nice. What can i say other than I love the car! I miss the power in my 4-Runner, but man it handles well. Very comfortable, loaded with features, great audio system, nice quality.

Favorite Features

The leather interior, wood trim, and audio system -- very roomy too!

Suggested Improvements

More power in the engine. Try to up the HP from 150 to closer to 180/190 on the V-4