Used 2002 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Beware the Paint
By Steve Swafford

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car, we own the EX-L with all the goodies except the V-6. It's a nice car but we've had really bad luck with the paint. In the first year, we developed a rust spot near the passenger tail light on the trunk that the dealer gladly fixed. Next, about 4 months ago I was washing bugs off the front fascia when a dime sized portion of paint sloughed off. The dealer and the district rep both refused to fix the problem saying it was likely caused by a gravel striking the material. This is kind of odd that a pebble would cause this much damage, especially when we only drive on paved roads??? Really hurt my level of satisfaction.

Favorite Features

Seating, dash design, audio components

Suggested Improvements

Be responsive to customer needs and product flaws instead of trying to find a way not to help valued customers. My family has always owned hondas but this tarnished me a bit. Made me really appreciate my flawless 91 camry I had many years ago! It was a wonderful car.....

2002 Honda Accord SE Sedan
By randerso8336

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Overall an excellent car. Great on highway rides or around town. The build quality is excellent. Engine could be a little quieter.

What a wonderful car
By I like it

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

although the mileage is low

Jusr for the color!
By HKH

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 92 one before and when I wanted to change my car, I directly went to a Honda dealership. because LX doesn't come in red color, I got the SE. it doesn't have anything more than LX in performance but I love the alloy wheels and audio system. strange thing is that, in cold weather, the car is not as smooth as it is in the warm weather! specially when it's cold, there are some rattle sounds from dashboard that dealer said it's normal!

Favorite Features

audio system, moonroof, interior design, very little noise from engine.

Suggested Improvements

get rid of normal rattle sounds! other things, like ABS, come in 03 model.

Another great Honda
By jacobwallace

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Loved my 97 Civic so much I bought my wife an 02 Accord EX. Fun to drive, roomy interior, huge trunk. Plenty of features, as usual on EXs. Realiability has been great so far, but it's only got 3900 miles. Transmission shifts perfectly smooth, doors shut with that great vault "thud". The dealer we bought from, South Tacoma Honda, in Tacoma, WA, has a great internet sales program - NO ONE else in the area would even match their FIRST offer via email - I didn't believe it, so I wasted 3 days trying to shop their offer around before I finally bought from them.

Favorite Features

Fit and finish are outstanding. Honda service still great - all functions operate perfectly smoothly, and the leather seats are outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Buy the optional cargo net, unless you want to hear your stuff roll around in the huge trunk all day. Also, use care when releasing the front seat seatbelts or metal will impact below doorpost - in a dark grey interior, the plastic shows these nicks as light grey.