2002 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Good car
By IchPokhudezh on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for 6 months now but I still cannot find 'fav' position. The seat height adjustment is practically useless for me - I'm used to much lower seats. 5th speed is a little too far to reach. Gas pedal has a half inch of dead travel, which bothers me a lot whereas all others seem unimpressed by this problem. Seats are rather uncomfortable for longer trips and/or aggressive driving. Michelins lose grip in rain/on wet surfaces. They do not hydroplane, though. Sometimes I hear a window rattling sound but technitians could not find the reason for that. Otherwise an excellent choice for a commuter car.

Accord EX 1999/4 Cyl.
By Bapcha on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at both the Toyota Camry and the Accord - and with both I4 and V6 engines. My conclusiomn was that if one wanted a V6, it is better to go with a Camry. For an I4, the Accord is a better car. My only gripe - offer the Accord V6 with a manual tranny, and I will not even think about a Camry !! While the car is awesome for most practical purposes, the ride is a bit on the "jumpy" side for 4+ hour trips. The "premium" stereo is a little under- powered; and while the seats seem a bit stiff, they are great for long-distance drives - as they offer excellent support. Bapcha

I am disappointed
By cvw4100 on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car idles rough and they said these idle rough and that other people have complained, the engine is very loud on take off after sitting for several hours and they said that is the way these are and other people have complained they are saying it is a valve noise. It rides very bumpy over even smooth roads. Steering at 65 is awful it seems like you are constantly fighting to keep the car straight I don! t know if it is the aerodynamics or what. I have always heard what great cars these are and I am trying to figure out why everybody is so satisfied with these.

My sixth Accord
By Roger Millnitz on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my sixth Accord. My experience with all of them has been very good, mainly because they're predictable. I haven't had any problems. This one, a V-6 EX with leather, is fun to drive and more comfortable than any I've had to this point, and my lease rate is great. I could buy a more expensive car, but why? I love the quality, comfort and the styling.

A great car
By rick on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Simply the best car I've ever owned. When I buy another car it will be an Accord.

Best in class
By Fred on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As a commuter and "driver" this is an enjoyable car. Right combination of practicality, good gas mileage, 'fun factor,' resale value, and comfort. I thoroughly tested the Camry, Passat, and Altima. Camry is way too boring and ugly, Altima good but cheap interior, Passat probably the best but needs premium fuel and has less space.

New Transmission at 8K
By Barney on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I always thought the Honda Accord was a reliable vehicle until I purchased my Accord with a V-6. Transmission started clunking at around 4K and the dealership told me this was normal. At 8K the transmission failed and Honda replaced it. Now after 1K with the new transmission it is making a clunking sound again every time I back up! The dealership is telling me this is normal again! I am going to unload this lemon before I need another new transmission. Will never buy a Honda again!

Great Car, Great Value!!
By Chuckster on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I spent alomost 3 months doing research on vehicles with regards to reliabilty factors,safety issues,standard equipment,resale value and of course price. I can honestly say that a Honda is by far the best product in all 5 categories as compared to vehicles in the same class. The car drives and handles very well and is exceptionally smooth as well as quiet while driving at highway speeds. If your are thinking Accord, the SE model is the best choice for options without the EX price tag.

great car
By Harris on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

this is a great car in everyway, to its handling, stlying, and comfort. it has great heavy reponsive steering, and great accleration for a 4 cyclinder. styling is great no imatations. it gives generous room in the front and the back. honda is also some-what cheap for example; no automactic windows and locks standard, and no ash tray for lighter, for a car almost $20k??!!

MUST OWN an Accord SE in your lifetime.
By Farhan on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Simply GREAT for the price as compared to competition.