Used 2002 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

review
By shell

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far the car runs like a champ but it does not take off like a sports car.

Favorite Features

Interior cabin is very spacious and has everything you could want.

Suggested Improvements

Bumper is too flimsy and body easily dents. Paint does not adhere well to bumpers or side mirrors.

Excellent!!
By Timmy D

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 2 000 miles on it. I've put another 5 000 on it with no problems whatsoever. No rattles or sqeeks. My previous vehicle was a Ford...aka Lemon! The engine is good for a 4 cyl and the auto transmission reacts well. I'm lovin' this Honda, and I recommend an Accord to anyone looking for a sedan. Rear spoiler is a must, the car looks 10x better with it.

Favorite Features

VTEC. Heated leather. 6 dics in dash CD player. Steering wheel controls. Moonroof. Build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Bose stereo.

My Honda Accord
By Big daddy

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got a wonderful deal on my 2002 Honda Accorda LX 4dr/4cy. Great gas mileage while on the open road; 33-36mpg, less than desirable in traffic; 15-20mpg. I'm hooked on its looks, have no idea why they changed its great looks, but who am I. Very quiet on the open road, the steering is right on the money, and the little four is able to tackle almost any size mountain/hill while in cruise control when the AC is off. Great overall car for the amount we paid for it $16,400 for a brand new one with 5 miles on it.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage while on the open road. Great sound system and runs very, very quietly and quickly.

Suggested Improvements

In town mileage is a little sad for a 4 cyc/2.3

Another 02 going strong!!!
By sgladwin

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Only hit 25,000 miles so far, hoping to add another zero to the end of that number by the time I need a new one. Typical Honda, my forth one and still perfect for the price. Sure it'll never be a BMW, and the interior will never be a Lexus, but for $20,000 it's on par with the best of them. Mechanically flawless as usual, I continue to be happy with my purchase, and would recommend the Accord to anyone

Favorite Features

Slick shifting 5-spd, peppy 4-cyl, good brakes, excellent in the snow, consistent 31mpg (mixed), a solid workhorse.

Suggested Improvements

Offer the 7th generation sedan with a V6 and a manual.

Honda Accord SE 2002
By wzwest

2002 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Honda I have purchased and I would totally buy another in the future! This one is going to be my teenage daughter's in a few years...especially since it was rated one of the safest sedans on the road!

Favorite Features

Its accessibility to everything on the dash is a major plus! It has great openess...I don't have a problem with blind spots like other sedans.

Suggested Improvements

Only suggestion is to make the sedan a few inches wider for a little more space...although it is one of the roomiest sedans on the market.