2002 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
So far so good
By Anita on 02/26/10 07:56 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased this honda accord v6 coupe. It was a decent price and looked like it was well taken care of. Love the power and the handling. With all the snow and ice in philly right now, the traction control system is awesome and much appreciated. My only concern when I bought it was that it has 269K miles on it already. I had 2 people look at it and they couldn't find anything wrong so I bought it. It drives like it's brand new. You would never guess it had that many miles on it. Time will tell how much life I can squeeze out of it.

Nice EX V-6 Coupe
By Matt on 12/09/09 14:57 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my EX-V6 coupe about six months ago and do not regret my decision. Have owned two Hondas previously, a 1993 and a 2001, both four cylinders. You can really tell the difference in the V6, much smoother at idle, much quieter, and easier to go around town. Get about 25 on the highway and about 20 in the city. The interior is very nicely laid out, everything is very clear and easy to reach. The auto climate control, sunroof, and leather sport seats add a lot of comfort. The trunk is large enough for many golf bags. The exterior is very nice looking as well, especially with the spoiler and exhaust tips. Just need some fogs. All I need is some better tires, way too loud.

Honda should be ashamed!
By Disappointed on 11/05/09 13:38 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car a few years ago. It had almost 50k miles on it. A year later I had to replace the transmission. A good thing that I had a warranty. About 9 months later, the check engine light came on. Autozone says it's a transmission problem. Take it to Aamco and they don't know what the problem is. In the last 3 months I have smelled transmission fluid burning. I'm not paying Honda a dime for a diagnostic. I'm just gonna buy something else. The sad part is that Honda knows this is a problem with this model. For some stupid reason, the class action lawsuit didn't cover this year Honda. I will never buy another Honda!

VERY safe car
By jconley78 on 06/30/09 10:36 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We were involved in a serious car accident a month ago. We were stopped in traffic on the hwy and a lady hit us in the rear without slowing down at over 70mph. We all walked away. Thank you Honda! No prior problems with the car, it was fantastic to drive. QUALITY all around. It was only a 4 cyl but because of the V-Tec engine it had the power PLUS the gas mileage. BUY HONDA!

Grab your ankles kids
By NYRangers35 on 06/11/09 18:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Honda, first one was a 1990 automatic and gave it to my friend with 235,000 (original trans). Should have kept it. But the 02 Accord, my first trans went out at 88k, second 130k, and we're getting ready for #3. Will trade before #3 comes. Has 145k. It's a shame, other than routine maintenance (other than a crankshaft seal fix which was no big deal) everything else was OK. SRS light stays on because of fault drivers side seat belt sensor. They are warrantied for life but need a $100 diagnostic fee first. Honda did replace my first trans for nothing, 2nd one I paid $600 total. I know about cars and do change the tranny fluid. I knew I should have got the 5 speed.

I want to drive this off a cliff
By RicanZ24 on 08/21/08 21:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Where do I begin. At 60k the transmission went out on me. At 80k I have a crack in my engine block so I had to replace it. I had replaced the 6 disc CD changer 3 times now. I hear so much about how reliable Hondas are but this car isn't proving it. I can't wait to get rid of it. This car has done nothing but cost me more and more money out of my pocket. The amount of money I had spent already I could have bought something else. I will never buy Honda again.

Hot car, Great Ride
By Linda in Denver on 08/02/08 22:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car, bought it with 30K miles on it in 2005, now at 75K, three years later. This car has not given me ANY problems at all. I have it serviced regularly. I've gone through one set of tires and one battery. It is fun to drive, love the V-6 power. It looks brand new after a good car wash and I get compliments on it all the time. This is the best body style Honda has ever had. I will be sad to see the day I have to put the old girl down.

Another transmission
By me on 07/18/08 20:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had to have the transmission replaced at 93k miles I was lucky that I had the extended warranty. The dealership replaced it with one that had 50k on it now 30k later I have to put another transmission in it and replace the ABS modulator and my TCS comes on, on when I am on the hi-way. This is just crazy, I love my Hondas I have had and I am sad to say I will be getting rid of this one soon.

Better luck next time...
By Third on 04/25/08 14:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Honda, reliable, can't go wrong, right? Just a few months after purchase at about 60,000 miles I was informed they needed to replace the transmission. Ok, i had also purchase an extended warranty so i didn't pay anything out of pocket. Then I started seeing my ABS and TCS lights come on in the morning when I'd start my car, by the afternoon on the drive home they went away. Dealership used their computer diagnostic and said nothing was wrong so i ignored it too. Well now over 100,000 the lights don't go out and they tell me its a $1,200 job to replace the ABS modulator... I'm so happy, no not really.

Minor gripes but overall very good
By Denlikesit on 03/14/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall awesome car but I do have a few gripes. Some interior pieces are cheaply made (i.e. rear cup holders) and occasionally I get some rattles but nothing too bad. Cup holder up front is a bit crowded if you stick a Big Gulp in there. My SRS light has been on for 6 mo...took it to get looked at...there was apparently no problem but light has decided to stay on. Gas mileage with wide performance tires is still at about 32 on the highway which is nice when gas is $3.40 a gallon. Around town gas mileage has been as bad as about 21- 22. Plenty of get up and go for a 4 cyl. Leather is of very high quality as are most of the other materials in the interior.