2002 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Glad to Dump the Jeep!
By BrentSki on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Had a Grand Cherokee for 3-years. It had horrible gas mileage, hard brake, and 40-mph wobble. Thank god for the Accord 2-door SE. Exterior Syling is great. Easy to drive, VTEC lives up to its name. Interior is comfortable and large for a coupe. Stereo is good for Honda. And back seat is surprisingly roomy. Overall great car- no suggestions!

Amazing!
By la_phuk on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I had never owned a Honda until March of 2002, and I am amazed every day with it. It handles beautifully, it is very comfortable, and it sure can take a hit. I had this brand new car for three weeks when a drunken kid rear- ended me at a red light. I was completely stopped, and he hit me at 40- 45 mph. His '90 Accord was totalled, but my bumper was just split open- not even smashed in. Not a bit of internal damage was done.

The one car everyone should own.
By dtayl11 on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This isn't my first Honda Accord. I just purchased this new 02' Accord SE Coupe last night trading in my 97' SE coupe that I drove for the past 5 years and loved to death... I think the new 02' is more refinded then the last body style and with the luck I had with my 97' I wouldn't dream of owning any other type of automobile.

I want my '99 Cavalier Z24 back!!!!!
By made a mistake on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

IF you can afford to buy or lease another make, DO IT! I've had this Honda SE 2 door for 3 miserable weeks and will dump it as soon as I can. I thought I could be happy with it, after all, the lease payment was less than a 2002 Cavalier Sport Coupe, my first choice. I've since discovered saving money isn't always worth it. I hate making mistakes! 1) BAD gas mileage 2) Overly responsive and 'unfeeling' steering is terrifying at high speeds 3) Window buttons and cruise control buttons are in the wrong spot 4) Sunroof is reused from the 4 door and doesn't open all the way

Great Car!!!
By jaDay on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice car, fun to drive, very responsive. And, of course, very reliable. It's a Honda...Need I say more?

I Like This Car
By Tsmoov on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Accord has been known for its reliability over the course of many years. Prior to owning this new one, my parents owned an accord from 86-96 without any problems at all, which i took into consideration when i purchased my own. The build is tight and refined, the interior clean and smooth, and the acceleration and braking extremely responsive. The coupe is especially roomier than i expected it to be with its smooth and subtle leather. Very nice ride as well, which is also important...

PRACTICAL and SMART
By chica on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this cute little coup. This car was perfect! VTEC engine was very peppy...I was in a car accident last week where I was rear-ended at a stop light. The person that hit me was in a similar size car and was going about 35- 40 mph. The whole trunk area crushed in like it is supposed to. I walked away from the accident the other driver was taken via ambulance. The car is likely to be totaled but I think Honda's crush/crash zone safety features saved me from injury! Now I will probably get another Honda. But not at Landmark Honda... they were miserable to deal with.

Rattel, rattle, rattle
By DPVW on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car, EXCEPT the rattles in: the stereo bracket, the passenger door molding, the rear passenger-side molding, the speaker covers, the driver-side dash, the right-hand vent molding, the sunroof hardware and the glove box latch. And no, I'm not unusually picky about these things: everybody who rides in it says something to me. I've also had bizzare noises from the rear brakes and the muffler heat shield. Only the latter two have been fixed - all the others are ignored by Honda mechanics, needless to say.

My Accord
By AFB on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Honda for 5 months now and it's been great except for 1 major issue. My gas milage. 90 percent of my driving is strictly highway and I have not gotten over 19.5 mpg. I even filled up on the highway and topped it off when i got off. I got 20.4 mpg. I have had it back to the dealer and was told nothing was wrong that the car has to break in. I've got 6000 miles and it should be broken in. Why then is the car advertised at 22 - 28 mpg

THE BLACK STALLION
By TRACIE on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

THIS IS THE FIRST HONDA THAT I'M PURCHASING. I'VE HEARD A LOT (FROM PREVIOUS OWNERS) ABOUT HOW HONDA'S ARE GOOD CARS AND THEY DO NOT GIVE ALOT OF PROBLEMS. I THINK THESE CARS ARE VERY SHARP AND SPORTY.