2002 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Yep you guessed it
By Michael on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bad Transmission. I was luckier than most. I made it to 150,000 before the dreaded check engine light came on. Other than the transmission and possum in my air intake, the car has been a great commuter. Where is the recall on this, Honda?

Bad Transmission
By Honda Owner on 11/19/09 11:03 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Always owned Honda, Acura or Toyota due to the quality of the cars. Now I have this 2002 Honda Accord, 4cyl. I am very disappointed. I have 106k miles and the transmission is slipping. I had the major service performed and am told the transmission will need replaced. Honda will do nothing-says that my VIN# does not qualify for the 109k ext. warranty. Obviously, there are several others having the same issue & their VIN doesn't qualify either. Honda obviously has a problem with these cars and is not willing to do anything. Very disappointed. My next car will probably be a Toyota again. Wanted this car to last a long time but Honda is not taking care of the problem as they should.

Honda is the best! Simply not true.
By alpha on 10/06/09 19:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car in 2004 with 38,000 miles. I was told that Honda is the best. I replaced the transmission twice at 48,000 miles and again at 92,000 miles. I do all the recommended maintenance using quality parts. I start experiencing loss of power, so I did a full tune up, used super gas, but still the car wont pick up speed and can be dangerous merging into the highway with poor acceleration. Mechanic said nothing else can be done to solve this problem. Some of the interior is cheap plastic easy to break or crack. I'm just stuck with it for now. But will never buy a Honda again, I learned my lesson .

VTEC ACCORD
By steve vue on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

BOUGHT A NIGHTHAWK BLACK '02 ACCORD 4 CYCL. 1ST OWN BRAND NEW CAR. ONLY HAD 17K ON IT. RUNS GREAT ON HIGHWAYS AND CITIES. SMOOTH TRANSMISSION. GREAT EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR DESIGN. LOVE THE STEERING WHEEL VOLUME AT THE FINGER TIP. AC IS GREAT. STEREO SOUND WITH 6 CD/CASSETTE IS BETTER THAN MOST OUT THERE. GAS MILEAGE IS GREAT! GREAT SERVICE AT FAMILY HONDA. BLACK EXTERIOR COLOR SHOWS EVEN THE SLIGHTEST SCRATCH AS A RESULT NEED TO WASH 2X A MONTH. AFTERMARKET PARTS ARE EASY TO FIND.