Used 2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

None Better
By rc

2002 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car with only 13k on it, so I can't say much about reliablity, but man is it fun to drive! It also gets looks everywhere I drive it, even though it's stock. The leather seats are very comfortable. The only problem with the coupe is that if you are not careful you'll beat your head on the roof getting in (ouch!). Other than that, I would buy another one in a minute.

Favorite Features

The premium stereo can go loud enough to make you deaf while still sounding clear. Style.

Suggested Improvements

They could raise the roof, or lower the seats, but then it wouldn't look so good. No suggestions.

love my accord!
By brandy

2002 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with my accord the first time I saw it! It was loaded! It had the fog lights and lip kit and aftermarket rims. It's been a great car and I have had a kit on it for a few years now. It handles well and I haven't had problems with my tranny that some have had with this model accord. I love that the seat is fully adjustable cause i'm a shorty! If you have an opportunity you should buy one of your own!

Favorite Features

Seats and the radio.

Suggested Improvements

Back window is hard to tint because of the dots of the antenna. I had to put on a strip of vinyl to cover up the flaw.

Smooth Fast Honda
By Joe Doyle

2002 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great, I got a great deal on it. It came with way more features than the crappy looking Camry and was far less. It's a Honda so it will be great on resale. Motor is smooth and quiet, I have the rear wing so it looks even better. Needs heated seats and an outside temperature gauge in it though, ride is good, gas mileage is ok for a 6 cyl. Toyota is way more expensive with less standard options. Can't wait for the new pilot to come out to buy one of those also. Go Honda...your products are the best. Toyota doesn't have a robot like Honda either.

Favorite Features

Everything, plus it's less than that crappy new looking Toyota.

Suggested Improvements

Needs heated seats, heated mirrors, and an outside temperature gauge.

Back Window Tinting
By disgruntled

2002 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With the increase of sport utility vehicles, it becomes a nuisance driving in front of one, with their glaring headlights shining on your eyes. Regardless if the rear view mirror has a day and night option, as in all my other vehicles, I have always tinted the back windows, which I had done to the Accord. However, the window tinting shop I went to, told me the Accord’s back window on the top has a rough black dotted exterior which when putting on a tinted film does not blend into the glass smoothly, and thus creating a bubbly look which was precisely what happened after he installed the tint.

Favorite Features

The tint was smooth on the two backside windows and the back window other than the top part. I have asked several window-tinting shops, and they all said the same thing.

Suggested Improvements

Another common sense reason why any person would want to tint the back- windows, is to protect the leather interior, right? So what gives? Who was the idiot that had the idea about that black rough dotted exterior and is this is for the antenna?

Fast, inexpensive, and fun!
By jodokast

2002 Honda Accord Coupe LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Accord is the 4th I've owned in my life, in addition to my 99 CR-V. The coupe has a lot of room, front and rear, and the seats are very comfortable. The engine is very responsive and great accelerating at higher speeds for passing. The gas mileage is great for a V-6. Leave it to Honda to deliver a perfect coupe without depleting your finances.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and sporty looking, especially with the spoiler.

Suggested Improvements

Can't improve this perfect car.