2002 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Grab your ankles kids
By NYRangers35 on 06/11/09 18:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Honda, first one was a 1990 automatic and gave it to my friend with 235,000 (original trans). Should have kept it. But the 02 Accord, my first trans went out at 88k, second 130k, and we're getting ready for #3. Will trade before #3 comes. Has 145k. It's a shame, other than routine maintenance (other than a crankshaft seal fix which was no big deal) everything else was OK. SRS light stays on because of fault drivers side seat belt sensor. They are warrantied for life but need a $100 diagnostic fee first. Honda did replace my first trans for nothing, 2nd one I paid $600 total. I know about cars and do change the tranny fluid. I knew I should have got the 5 speed.

I want to drive this off a cliff
By RicanZ24 on 08/21/08 21:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Where do I begin. At 60k the transmission went out on me. At 80k I have a crack in my engine block so I had to replace it. I had replaced the 6 disc CD changer 3 times now. I hear so much about how reliable Hondas are but this car isn't proving it. I can't wait to get rid of it. This car has done nothing but cost me more and more money out of my pocket. The amount of money I had spent already I could have bought something else. I will never buy Honda again.

Minor gripes but overall very good
By Denlikesit on 03/14/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall awesome car but I do have a few gripes. Some interior pieces are cheaply made (i.e. rear cup holders) and occasionally I get some rattles but nothing too bad. Cup holder up front is a bit crowded if you stick a Big Gulp in there. My SRS light has been on for 6 mo...took it to get looked at...there was apparently no problem but light has decided to stay on. Gas mileage with wide performance tires is still at about 32 on the highway which is nice when gas is $3.40 a gallon. Around town gas mileage has been as bad as about 21- 22. Plenty of get up and go for a 4 cyl. Leather is of very high quality as are most of the other materials in the interior.

Just What I Wanted
By Mr. DennyDennster on 03/19/07 09:16 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the car I wanted 3 years ago when I ended up with a Hyundai. I finally got my Accord Coupe. It is everything I ever wanted and more. Love the dark blue metallic paint, as well as the tan leather interior. Some of the interior plastic seems flimsy...but nothing too bad. The ride is remarkably smooth, and the car handles great. Overall I've been getting 26-27mpg, the same as my Hyundai, which was smaller. Wish the headroom and rear visibility was a little better, but hey, it's a coupe, and those are some trade-offs for having a coupe.

My Honda
By Jenny on 04/09/05 21:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I think the honda looks good on the inside and out but I believe it is made very cheap. My car makes strange noises and my dealership tells me they can't fix it. I probably would not buy a honda again even though they are reliable.

Honda's Rock
By Darkwingduck on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just as always, my honda accord is more realiable then any other car I have owned. I love the accord, its interrior design is top notch with comfort built in. The sleek outside is attractive, and it's performance is awsome. The only thing I would trade it in for is another honda or acura. Love the car.

Nice
By Jscanner1 on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new, and have enjoyed it very much. I upgraded the air filter and found it improved the responsiveness. Very few cars have this nice styling and comfort.

not worth it
By corry williamson on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Hondas are great cars and this one is too but lacks so much. If your going to purchase any accord buy the v6!!! its well worth the money

Mostly good, but with some warts
By piston_honda on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Honda always makes a great engine; no complaints there. The car is as solid as they come. The problem we had was with the interior construction. TONS of squeaking and rattling, especially in colder weather, even only a few weeks old. We had it back into the dealer more than 10 times in the first 6 months. They never could fix it.

Sleek and silver
By kate twomey on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My third Honda Accord is the best yet in initial quality, performance and comfort. With the sunroof open or closed, on torn-up roads or highways, it's a real pleasure to drive.