Used 2002 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Avoid like the plague !
By Cristoph

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car since 2005. I made a quick decision to buy it without doing research. BAD MOVE ! Take 5 mins to look up official recall \ complaints. Anyone who gives this car a good review has limited knowledge and/or experience with cars. The automatic transmission might go down in history for being one of the WORST ever made. Ever notice accords with faded paint ? That's another inherent problem. Some received a cheaper paint and clear coat resulting in the discoloration. If I had taken even 2 mins to research this car I would not have bought it. It's sitting in my garage broken. $2000 to fix transmissin. Not doing it. Rebuilt and refurbished transmissions have same problem

14 year owner shooting for 250000 miles
By Ronnie

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love my car===despite transmission replacement at 83g which after some discussion cost me 1100 instead of the full quoted cost of 2200. Brake rotors are basically a routine issue due to warping. This in turn quickly causes front end issues if not addressed as soon as you notice wheels shaking when you brake over 50 mph. I still enjoy driving it after 173G miles and will likely keep it till 250g if the transmission doesn't crap out again. I feel the rotor warping issue has been handled terribly by Honda. At very least they should turn the rotors at no cost for lifetime owners!

I Love Driving this car!
By Truong N.

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have 146k miles on the odometer. The Engine and Transmission are still flawless. No leaks or anything. I did have to replace the radiator, timing belt, and water pump. Man this car is pretty quick for almost a 14 year old car. It gets me where I need to go. The ride quality is really stiff, not the best when it comes down to ride quality. The fuel economy is't good either. I can't complain because it's a v6. I average about 18 mpg from city and highway driven. I love the comfortable seats and the exterior of this car! It's my daily drive and I love driving this car.

Transmission issues Honda Wont Acknowledge
By thuglife714

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I am the third owner of this car after my uncle. My uncle at 68,000 miles had to replace the transmission $2500. Then later he sold the car to me. with 116,000 miles on it.. At 129,000 miles I had to rebuilt the transmission $1500
now currently at 143,100 miles symptoms of transmission slipping hesitating yet again. Meaning a new rebuilt..
engine code P1751.
I was thinking of buying the 2014 accord but the problems this car has given me not going to.
HONDA doesn't appreciate it's customers and doesn't want to acknowledge The Problem with these transmissions.. 98-02 models
#HateHonda

Going for 200,000 miles
By ferguson10462

2002 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2002 and haven't looked back.
I have 180,000 miles on it now without issue.
I have no interest in buying a new car.

Even the new versions of the Honda Accord Coupe do not appeal to me.
If they still offered this car without alteration as a new vehicle, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Body Style, Ergonomics, Fuel efficiency.

Its a coupe, so its not that comfortable for the folks in the back. But I wouldn't change a thing.