2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda 2002 Accord V6 - never again
By Ray94903 on 05/23/10 15:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Accord 2002 V6 is apparently a lemon with regard to transmissions - 385 reported failures around the 110,000/120,000 mile mark. No recall because it's not a safety issue, and no class action (YET!) Timing chain went at 100,000 - $1,500 - also a "known issue". Paint is starting to fail - also a known issue. How many known issues with this vehicle do I have to know about? I'm looking at $4,000 for a new transmission. We've been a 2-Honda family for the last 15 years. We will not even be a 1-Honda family ever again.

Impressed
By First Accord on 02/12/06 12:50 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After much research, I recently purchased a used 02 Accord. I am a diehard supporter of American cars, but after getting two lemons in a row from GM I was convinced to try Honda. So far, I am really impressed after 1,000 miles. There is one rattle in the dash, but should be an easy fix. Many complaints I have read about are nitpicks to the car - minus some tranmission issues. The tranny issues appear to be fixed. The V6 doesn't get the best gas mileage...but is one of the best engines I've driven. I now understand "silky smooth". For those that complain about gas mileage - get the 4 cylinder. For those that want to have a little fun scooting the family around - get the V6! Great car!

The best of the best
By jwilson778 on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car....but..I am 6'1" and if the front seats were 2" wider and maybe 3" longer and i could fit my golf clubs in the very back of the trunk and still have room to carry the weeks groceries i wouldn't be thinking about the Pilot. Great power, so-so tires, super quality.

What a Luxury Car Should Be
By Casey Rose on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The new 2002 Honda Accord Mid-Size Luxury Sedan is the best car yet. It has all the features of a luxury car. It has a smooth ride, a sporty sound in the engine, comfortable seats, and an awesome price. The interior of the car is beautiful and luxurious. The exterior of the car is very nice. The shape of the car is cool as well. It also has an excellent navigation system.

interior poor quality
By johnf on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

THE INTERIOR IS WAY TOO CHEAP. I GUESS I MESSED UP BY GETTING SUCKED IN TO A CHEAP LEASE. THE ONLY THING CHEAP THAT I GOT WAS THE POOR QUALITY AND UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS. THE PRICE DOES NOPT MEAN ANYTHING IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE CAR. I SHOULD OF BOUGHT THE VW PASSAT

best car
By smith999 on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

best car ever

You call this a car
By WstCst on 03/15/02 18:11 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a Honda because people say they are great cars, are they ever wrong. The car feels very cheap and has to be taken into the shop every other week or so to fix some glitch. The interior quality is poor, not up to the standards of even the poorest domestic car. The gas milege, a measly 24 MPG quite frankly stinks. The price for this car was way to much for the car that you get. The pathetic engine can barely propel the car down the road, and the transmission has to down shift to even go around corners. Don't buy this vehicle

Proud to own an Accord
By dang tong on 03/15/02 09:10 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Accord is an excellent value car. No doubt, it's the most reliable, dependable car and has great resell value. If you are looking to buy an Accord. Good choice. Go for it. Can't go wrong. Get the EX-V6 if you can. I must say I regret for not getting the EX-V6 as my wife's. The reason I picked up the LX-V6 because it's less $$ and it's in the lot. From my point of view and experience, the EX-V6 worths every extra penny and it's a more enjoinable car. If you decide to go with 4 cycl. model, get the SE for best bang for $$.

Wonderful car
By M on 03/14/02 01:23 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First time Honda owner. Through all my research, reading and test driving. This car is hard to beat. My V6 runs silky smooth and quiet. It speaks softly but carries a big stick. Fit and finish both inside and out is above average. My major gripe is the sales personnel. I felt like a carcass among predators. The car sells itself; why do they act like vultures?

WOWZERS!
By OMG! on 03/09/02 17:54 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

wow this car is great go out and get one before they all fly away!