Used 2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda 2002 Accord V6 - never again
By Ray94903

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Accord 2002 V6 is apparently a lemon with regard to transmissions - 385 reported failures around the 110,000/120,000 mile mark. No recall because it's not a safety issue, and no class action (YET!) Timing chain went at 100,000 - $1,500 - also a "known issue". Paint is starting to fail - also a known issue. How many known issues with this vehicle do I have to know about? I'm looking at $4,000 for a new transmission. We've been a 2-Honda family for the last 15 years. We will not even be a 1-Honda family ever again.

Suggested Improvements

Install a transmission that lasts longer than 100,000 miles.

Impressed
By First Accord

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After much research, I recently purchased a used 02 Accord. I am a diehard supporter of American cars, but after getting two lemons in a row from GM I was convinced to try Honda. So far, I am really impressed after 1,000 miles. There is one rattle in the dash, but should be an easy fix. Many complaints I have read about are nitpicks to the car - minus some tranmission issues. The tranny issues appear to be fixed. The V6 doesn't get the best gas mileage...but is one of the best engines I've driven. I now understand "silky smooth". For those that complain about gas mileage - get the 4 cylinder. For those that want to have a little fun scooting the family around - get the V6! Great car!

Favorite Features

The V6 engine is great. Lots of storage, very roomy interior. ABS/Traction control have saved me more than once. 27.6 mpg on mostly highway driving is good for the power this V6 has. I think Honda worked out all the bugs for the 2002. Great used car buy!

Suggested Improvements

These are nitpicks here, but: automatic headlights, external temperature, monochromatic rearview mirror - all options that can be purchased, but when looking at used you take what you can get.

The best of the best
By jwilson778

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car....but..I am 6'1" and if the front seats were 2" wider and maybe 3" longer and i could fit my golf clubs in the very back of the trunk and still have room to carry the weeks groceries i wouldn't be thinking about the Pilot. Great power, so-so tires, super quality.

Favorite Features

Silky v-6 power

Suggested Improvements

human sized seats, golf club sized trunk

What a Luxury Car Should Be
By Casey Rose

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The new 2002 Honda Accord Mid-Size Luxury Sedan is the best car yet. It has all the features of a luxury car. It has a smooth ride, a sporty sound in the engine, comfortable seats, and an awesome price. The interior of the car is beautiful and luxurious. The exterior of the car is very nice. The shape of the car is cool as well. It also has an excellent navigation system.

Favorite Features

I love the comfort of the front seats. The ride is very smooth. I like the exterior style. The front and back seats are really roomy.

Suggested Improvements

I think the Honda Accord should have atleast two or three push up headrests in the backseats. Everything else is fine!

interior poor quality
By johnf

2002 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

THE INTERIOR IS WAY TOO CHEAP. I GUESS I MESSED UP BY GETTING SUCKED IN TO A CHEAP LEASE. THE ONLY THING CHEAP THAT I GOT WAS THE POOR QUALITY AND UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS. THE PRICE DOES NOPT MEAN ANYTHING IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE CAR. I SHOULD OF BOUGHT THE VW PASSAT