Used 2002 Honda Accord LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

ALWAYS TRANSMISSION!!!!!!
By yiven421

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am getting mad about the transmission when it is 86,000 miles. The car viborated a lot when turning from N to D4 or when stopping, the dealer charged me $5400 for a new one and about $3000 for a used one. [non-permissible content removed] I hate Honda!!!!

I am a very satisfied Honda owner
By ryankiel

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It was my dream to by a reliable car, although I never thought I could afford a Honda. Well, I had the opportunity to buy my Honda four years ago when it had 25000 miles on it. Now it has 75000 miles on it, and I still have not had any problems. It runs like a top. My goal is to reach 300,000 miles, and it seems very likely that that will happen. I have been very careful to maintain it. Although some Accords have had transmission problems, I hope with mine it will never happen. It seems that with Hondas, usually if they are maintained, they will run for a long time.

Favorite Features

Comfort, reliability, decent gas mileage, roomy, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

There is a slight buzzing somewhere in the cabin.

Another defective transmission
By Paull

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like many others have a defective transmission with only 91,000 miles. Honda won't fix it. The transmission was slipping for many years but got worse the last 2 months. I went online and was surprised by all the other Accord owners with the same problem, which really surprised me about a Honda car. There were so many complaints that I was not sure why there is not a recall. I thought Honda had great quality, bad this did not happen in my case. By the way, the new transmission will cost me $35,000.

Favorite Features

Too mad to come with any right now, but I am sure there are a few.

Suggested Improvements

Unhappy with quality, especially the transmission and suspension.

Boring and Faithful
By can't keep awake

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new. No problems with anything but brake pads, which it eats like candy. No trans problems because I drain and fill the trans every 15,000 miles. I have 127,000 miles of rush hour freeway driving on it. Unfortunately, this is the most boring car I have ever owned. It has all the personality of a refrigerator. In fact this car is only an appliance.

Favorite Features

reliability, pleasant if plain interior. reasonably good mileage-24 to28 mpg combo.

Suggested Improvements

More appealing styling, put a little fun in the driving, get a personality.

This car is fabulous!
By kschmitz16

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ok so I move to Montana and did a lot of car reviews and found this Honda Accord that was just the right price. I absolutely love the car it now has 60,000 miles on it and I have not had one problem in this past year. To keep a car in good shape you have to have regular maintenance. For ex. Oil change, tranny fluid flush. Up keep. Hondas are so reliable and I could not be happier with it. People have problems with cars if they don't take care of them. I love my car!

Favorite Features

Cruise control is great and I have wonderful gas mileage. My v tech engine is nice . Cant even tell its a 4 cylinder!

Suggested Improvements

My accord didn't come with a CD player but i bought one and installed it, would have been nice to have. Other than that nothing!