Used 2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Avoid like the plague !
By Cristoph

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car since 2005. I made a quick decision to buy it without doing research. BAD MOVE ! Take 5 mins to look up official recall \ complaints. Anyone who gives this car a good review has limited knowledge and/or experience with cars. The automatic transmission might go down in history for being one of the WORST ever made. Ever notice accords with faded paint ? That's another inherent problem. Some received a cheaper paint and clear coat resulting in the discoloration. If I had taken even 2 mins to research this car I would not have bought it. It's sitting in my garage broken. $2000 to fix transmissin. Not doing it. Rebuilt and refurbished transmissions have same problem

14 year owner shooting for 250000 miles
By Ronnie

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love my car===despite transmission replacement at 83g which after some discussion cost me 1100 instead of the full quoted cost of 2200. Brake rotors are basically a routine issue due to warping. This in turn quickly causes front end issues if not addressed as soon as you notice wheels shaking when you brake over 50 mph. I still enjoy driving it after 173G miles and will likely keep it till 250g if the transmission doesn't crap out again. I feel the rotor warping issue has been handled terribly by Honda. At very least they should turn the rotors at no cost for lifetime owners!

I Love Driving this car!
By Truong N.

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have 146k miles on the odometer. The Engine and Transmission are still flawless. No leaks or anything. I did have to replace the radiator, timing belt, and water pump. Man this car is pretty quick for almost a 14 year old car. It gets me where I need to go. The ride quality is really stiff, not the best when it comes down to ride quality. The fuel economy is't good either. I can't complain because it's a v6. I average about 18 mpg from city and highway driven. I love the comfortable seats and the exterior of this car! It's my daily drive and I love driving this car.

Good car
By owneriam

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a brand new '02 EX V6 coupe and kept it 8 yrs (10/01-11/09).
I gave me 8 trouble-free years so I owe it a nice review.

The only issue it ever had was 1 or 2 dried out engine seals.
It did sit for 4 months while I recovered from an accident so not sure if it sitting awhile had anything to do with it.

The only negative things I'd say about it was the poor visibility out the rear (you get used to it) and the disappointing gas mileage I got.
I drove 90% city and the low fuel light consistantly came on at ~265 miles each tank.

I miss that paid off car!!
I sold it with 79k+ on it to a very happy person.

Bad Transmission
By sparkylawdog

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2002 Accord 4 cyl about a year and a half ago, had about 85,000 miles on it. Before purchasing, took it to a Honda dealership, who checked it out. They said it was in great shape. It now needs a new transmission, with less than 100,000 miles. I've never had a car with less than 100,000 miles on it need a transmission. But from what I've heard, this seems to be a recurring problem with these cars. Contacted American Honda, who said they would not help with the repair (You know, I'm not the original owner, they have no dealership maintenance records, etc etc). Why should I expect them to own up to a known problem with their cars? Will probably be the last Honda I buy for a while.