2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Good car
By owneriam on 03/21/12 12:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a brand new '02 EX V6 coupe and kept it 8 yrs (10/01-11/09). I gave me 8 trouble-free years so I owe it a nice review. The only issue it ever had was 1 or 2 dried out engine seals. It did sit for 4 months while I recovered from an accident so not sure if it sitting awhile had anything to do with it. The only negative things I'd say about it was the poor visibility out the rear (you get used to it) and the disappointing gas mileage I got. I drove 90% city and the low fuel light consistantly came on at ~265 miles each tank. I miss that paid off car!! I sold it with 79k+ on it to a very happy person.

Bad Transmission
By sparkylawdog on 02/09/12 09:36 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2002 Accord 4 cyl about a year and a half ago, had about 85,000 miles on it. Before purchasing, took it to a Honda dealership, who checked it out. They said it was in great shape. It now needs a new transmission, with less than 100,000 miles. I've never had a car with less than 100,000 miles on it need a transmission. But from what I've heard, this seems to be a recurring problem with these cars. Contacted American Honda, who said they would not help with the repair (You know, I'm not the original owner, they have no dealership maintenance records, etc etc). Why should I expect them to own up to a known problem with their cars? Will probably be the last Honda I buy for a while.

77K Dealer Maintained, Bad Transmission
By thx123 on 03/13/11 15:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Clearly this model's transmission has a design flaw. So many transmission failures at 70k mileage. I used to believe that people can drive a Honda and not worry about any major problem before 100K. It's certainly not the case for us, though our Accord has always been dealership maintained. My Honda dealer first asked us to spend nearly $1k to replace two broken engine mounts, then told us the transmission still needs to be replaced, and would cost another $4,6K, which is comparable to the kbb's used car price. It's a class action law suit waiting to happen. I think we've got enough people just from this review page. Honda, please take this issue seriously, don't try to hide from it.

Good, except for transmission
By FLDriver on 06/29/10 15:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Transmission problems! Transmission replaced at 110,000 miles and again at 165,000 miles. I have done the regularly scheduled maintenance on this car. I don't think it's my driving style either. For example, I usually get at least 60,000 miles from a set of tires (on third set). Honda replaced first transmission for me without any charge (or any explanation). Second one cost me $2k. Family has owned hondas since 1981. I have enjoyed owning this one for 9 years. Not sure if I will buy another Accord. I have not seen shining reviews of the 07 - 09 models.

Nice EX V-6 Coupe
By Matt on 12/09/09 14:57 PM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my EX-V6 coupe about six months ago and do not regret my decision. Have owned two Hondas previously, a 1993 and a 2001, both four cylinders. You can really tell the difference in the V6, much smoother at idle, much quieter, and easier to go around town. Get about 25 on the highway and about 20 in the city. The interior is very nicely laid out, everything is very clear and easy to reach. The auto climate control, sunroof, and leather sport seats add a lot of comfort. The trunk is large enough for many golf bags. The exterior is very nice looking as well, especially with the spoiler and exhaust tips. Just need some fogs. All I need is some better tires, way too loud.

Hot car, Great Ride
By Linda in Denver on 08/02/08 22:38 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car, bought it with 30K miles on it in 2005, now at 75K, three years later. This car has not given me ANY problems at all. I have it serviced regularly. I've gone through one set of tires and one battery. It is fun to drive, love the V-6 power. It looks brand new after a good car wash and I get compliments on it all the time. This is the best body style Honda has ever had. I will be sad to see the day I have to put the old girl down.

Another transmission
By me on 07/18/08 20:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had to have the transmission replaced at 93k miles I was lucky that I had the extended warranty. The dealership replaced it with one that had 50k on it now 30k later I have to put another transmission in it and replace the ABS modulator and my TCS comes on, on when I am on the hi-way. This is just crazy, I love my Hondas I have had and I am sad to say I will be getting rid of this one soon.

Better luck next time...
By Third on 04/25/08 14:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Honda, reliable, can't go wrong, right? Just a few months after purchase at about 60,000 miles I was informed they needed to replace the transmission. Ok, i had also purchase an extended warranty so i didn't pay anything out of pocket. Then I started seeing my ABS and TCS lights come on in the morning when I'd start my car, by the afternoon on the drive home they went away. Dealership used their computer diagnostic and said nothing was wrong so i ignored it too. Well now over 100,000 the lights don't go out and they tell me its a $1,200 job to replace the ABS modulator... I'm so happy, no not really.

Love it, would own one again and again!
By Dani on 06/26/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a die-hard fan of Honda cars, I've own several of them and none has ever given me any reason for a major complaint. My current '02 EX V6 coupe is no exception. It is reliable, fun to drive, stylish, comfortable, affordable for all that it has to offer. Although it is an Accord, this coupe body style is not "bland" at all. It is unique and rarely can be seen on the road. While the combined average mileage of 25-26 miles/gallon isn't excellent, the V6 gives exceptional power to the drive. Keep up the oil changes and the engine will never fail. Excellent value for the price, exceptional car for its class.

Amazing Car
By Juan Adames on 07/06/06 10:44 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is amazing. Great design, reliability, comfort, power, interior, durability and so......... It is incredible, and really gas economic for being a v6. I live in Puerto Rico and here the roads are rough and a lot of curves and hills, but this car respond with a lot of energy and without restrictions. Nice car, just PERFECT

1 2 3 4 5 next »