2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Excellent car for the money
By Jay on 09/12/08 16:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with about 65K miles on it and it has been great to me so far. Now with 130+K miles it has not yet had any problems. Fuel economy is not as good as I expected (23-32mpg) but still very good compared to others. I have no regrets buying this car and would gladly buy another.

Solid car, solid value
By Dan Anderson on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have an '89 Camry with 220,000+ miles that's cost me less than 3 Gs--including brakes and tires--to maintain over 11 years of consistent driving. A tough act to follow. When purchasing a newby I was looking for a dependable car with reasonable gas mileage, crankdown windows, and a manual tranny. Got it in the Honda Accord for less than 13K. I've put on 18,000+ miles in 8 months w/o incident. Suprisingly large inside and out. Rides quietly and smoothly (no shimmy or pull) at 80+ mph. Excellent no-frills value from someone who believes a car is for transportation only. Would absolutely buy only 2 types of cars in the future, Toyota or Honda.

Stay away from Honda of Princeton!!!!!!!
By Bruciep07 on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, this is a very good car. It's come with it's share of problems, though. #1-Bought the car spring time. I didn't use the AC for any extended period of time until mid summer. The first time I really got to use it, about an hour into the trip, i notice that my foot was wet, and that the AC drain hose was pinched in the AC box, and had totally flooded my car via the heater vents. The dealership fixed the drain problem, but did nothing about my rotting, falling apart carpet! #2-Trans was grinding in fifth gear at 300 miles, dealer told me to "let it break in". Went back next week, no more 5th gear, and almost no reverse. 2 1/2 weeks later, and a new trans.

Car for Life
By Probe8 on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very good family car! Excellent reliability. Good gas mileage. Smooth and quiet handling. Financing was almost perfect and can hardly beat the rate. If you plan on having 2 to 3 kids in your family, this will be the perfect fit. One of the safest four door car I've ever thought. If you think of selling it, this will be one of the highest resale value you can find with its class.

Honda is living on its past reputation
By Too-much-money on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Test drove this car along with the American/German/Korean competition, there was no comparison. The Accord was a loud overpriced tin box. The exterior sheetmetal was'nt much thicker than a soda can with one piece flimsy plastic door handles and a cheap/chintzy interior. The car rode rough and had way too much road/wind noise. Save your 22 Gs and buy a Passat instead!

Honda Accord. Great car with no problem
By moose on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my honda accord since July. I have put over 23,000.00 miles on it and thus far I have had no problems. I get 31 miles per gallon. It is easy to drive and to park. It is a great car. My prior car was a Dodge Intrepid. It was junk and gave me nothing but problems. I replaced every part on the engine and it continued to give me problems. Honday is the way to go.