Used 2002 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 376 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2002 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Can't beat it
By Je'hu 222

2002 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second 2002 accord. I wrecked the first one. I just use as a daily commuter. I couldn't be happier. I bout it with 103,000 miles on it. What other car can you buy with 100k and still be confident? It now has 151k and it rides like new. All I have replaced is a spring in the clutch that broke (250) and a wheel hub (180). The interior is simple. I will say for this year this accord is about as big as the new civic. For 2001 and 2002 I would stay away from the automatic transmission 4 cylinder, They had problems. My manual doesn't slip. Also I see accords here and there with bad fading paint but mine is holding. I just got my wife an 07 accord based on edmunds reviews. She had an 03 Camry and everything was dying at 150k. So I can confidently recommend this car. Oh and average 29-30 mpg mixed. (432 miles per tank)

Life in an Accord
By Steven English

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Verify basic maintenance has been maintained and this car will last! The only issue I've ever had is having the transmission replaced at 20k miles. I have owned four Accords. This is now a hand me down for my son as I have a newer model. Drive it, maintain it and it will last forever!

Avoid like the plague !
By Cristoph

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car since 2005. I made a quick decision to buy it without doing research. BAD MOVE ! Take 5 mins to look up official recall \ complaints. Anyone who gives this car a good review has limited knowledge and/or experience with cars. The automatic transmission might go down in history for being one of the WORST ever made. Ever notice accords with faded paint ? That's another inherent problem. Some received a cheaper paint and clear coat resulting in the discoloration. If I had taken even 2 mins to research this car I would not have bought it. It's sitting in my garage broken. $2000 to fix transmissin. Not doing it. Rebuilt and refurbished transmissions have same problem

Highly Unsatisfied
By Shawn

2002 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car used a few years ago it ran fine for a little while, then I started having all kinds of problems from the ignition distributor, and now the transmission is slipping can't afford to put any more money into it as I have over $7000.00 into it now.My advice don't buy this year model

14 year owner shooting for 250000 miles
By Ronnie

2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love my car===despite transmission replacement at 83g which after some discussion cost me 1100 instead of the full quoted cost of 2200. Brake rotors are basically a routine issue due to warping. This in turn quickly causes front end issues if not addressed as soon as you notice wheels shaking when you brake over 50 mph. I still enjoy driving it after 173G miles and will likely keep it till 250g if the transmission doesn't crap out again. I feel the rotor warping issue has been handled terribly by Honda. At very least they should turn the rotors at no cost for lifetime owners!