2001 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Updated review after my first

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Review

Updated review after my first year
By xoquixxoqafxo on

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this Accord for a little over a year, got it with 95k and today 07/14/2010 it has 111,895 miles. It needed a lot of maintenance to get it to the condition i have it at right now. I have replaced the timing belt/water pump, tires, battery, transmission fluid, front and rear brakes, spark plugs, and last week my rear main seal failed and it leaked about half a quart of oil in 2 weeks. It was an unexpected, not to mention early failure so if anyone else had that same problem let me know cause it was an expensive repair.I am happy that my automatic transmission is fine and overall, i am quite please with the car and plan to keep him for a while.

J30A1 200 HP VTEC V6 engine, Smooth and quiet highway cruiser, roomy interior, high quality finishes and built quality, the fact that it looks like a new car to people, Honda resale value and reliability, Hearing the VTEC engagement at 3500 rpm ;)

Seats with lumbar support that is in the wrong spot and won't go in enough. Gas mileage in the city is terrible (18 mpg), 27 on the hwy but i have gotten an astounding 32 mpg once on a trip to Ma from Va. Hope to replace this car with a Honda Civic Si in the next couple years ;)