Update from previous review (100K)
By Sofyan Bey on
2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I am the third owner, I purchased this car from my sister in June 2009, she bought the car from the original owner in July 2007 with 66K on it for $10,300 when I bought the car from her in June of 2009 it had 95K on it. I bought it from her for $6,300 after she put on 30K in 2 years. The car is great, it just hit 100,015 today and runs like a new car. I did some maintenance over the summer, I replaced the front rotors and did the timing belt and water pump and had the rear rotors resurfaced and new pads put on. Today I just did the spark plugs bc they are original. I used to drive a 96 Camry and this car is so much nicer to drive and the V6 is smooth and powerful. Gas mileage is at 24 mpg.
Favorite Features
Smooth and Quick 200 hp VTEC V6 engine, Sunroof, Leather Interior, Traction Control, Side Air Bags, Excellent Steering Response, Tight Handling (compared to my sloppy Camry), Dark Emerald Pearl Color, Excellent Sound System and 6-Disc CD changer, Excellent Resale value, ITS A HONDA. ;)
Suggested Improvements
6th Gen. Accords had trans problems, mine is the original at 100K tho, Front seats need to be reshaped, the lumber is too high and gets uncomfortable on long trips, Gas mileage in the city stinks at 18 mpg, 27 highway. V6 needs more low end torque, feels powerful past 3500 but slow below 3,000 rpms