2001 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Thanks for nothing

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Review

Thanks for nothing
By hose_job on

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a reliable car for commuting purposes that I could put a decent amount of miles on without having to invest a big chunk of change into some major repairs a few years down the road. I decided to go with supposed "head of the" class when it comes to reliability. Sure enough, less than 4 years and 130K into into my transmission falls apart and they want me to stick another $5000 into a replacement. They tried to blame me because I only changed the fluid once a year at every 40,000 miles, when the truth is the failure was caused by a terrible design that they openly admitted to by extending the warranty to 100K miles.OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKES HONDA!!

DONT BUY A USED 01' ACCORD WITH ANY AMOUNT OF MILES ON IT!! The transmission will fail after 100K miles and you'll be footing a huge bill cause this company won't pay for the garbage that they are selling you.