Great Car!
By Lghtspeedz on
2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car for the side air bags (worth an extra star in crash tests), the 6 disc, and the manual transmission. I previously owned a '94 Accord that was absolutely flawless. This car is a little more Americanized in terms of driveability. The clutch is less precise. The brakes don't last nearly as long (58k versus 100k in my old car). The new brakes are already grumbling in the rear. The gas mileage is a little less than I expected. It has a few squeaks, but the great stereo can easily tune them out. This car has been very reliable and I already have 70,000mi on it. I know that I can get in the car and it will always start.
Favorite Features
6 disc in dash cd changer, sunroof, keyless entry, side air bags, manual transmission, the standard body trim upgrades for '01, Silver Paint, VTEC. Great headlights.
Suggested Improvements
Watch the build quality. I have noticed this car is not as bulletproof as my '94 was (that car had 281,000mi on it when we traded it in). More powerful A/C, improve braking system durability (particularly in the rear), improve wind noise. An EX V6 sedan with a manual.