Good family car to own
By Jeremy on
2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
All I can say is that I am very pleased with my Honda experience. Back in 2001, I traded in my 1990 Honda Accord EX for their latest model Accord EX-V6. I had some problems with my 1990, but mainly because I was taking my car to poor garages. Anyway, I've had nothing but success with my 2001. I purchased the extended 100,000 mile warranty, but so far, no problems. Replaced the tires at about 46,000 miles with new Bridgestone Turanzas; they swapped out the 6-CD changer because the laser started skipping, but no mechanical problems so far. I have to replace the rotors soon because I like to slam on the brakes in traffic a lot. I guess I'm somewhat of an aggressive driver. Great ride!
Favorite Features
6-CD Changer in dash...Sunroof...Leather power seats...TCS (traction control) -- which is VERY useful... definately has been helpful in downpours and in the snow.
Suggested Improvements
The metal body seems to dent easily... It seems I have nicks everywhere... I stopped counting. Maybe I just need the body reconditioned. At high speeds, it can get noisy -- also when you blast the radio, the mid-range speakers seem to "buzz" which is actually the door handle / arm rest vibrating.