2001 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Best Car I have Ever Owned

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Review

Best Car I have Ever Owned
By allen2h on

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Honda VTEC engine with manual transmission = highly refined drivetrain. Just put it in second gear and rip it all the way up to 6,000 rpm. This is not abusing the engine - this is giving this Honda engine the exercise that it yearns for. Very smooth manual shifter - I can shift to any given gear at any time with a precision that takes my breath away. High quality interior materials - nothing looks or is cheap. No rattles, only one minor squeak from the seat when I do hard cornering. Plenty of storage bins. Mileage: 1398 divided by 42.366 = 33.0 mpg when driving easy, 27 - 28 mpg when driving hard. Drawback: Hard cabin air filters replacement.

6 disc in dash cd changer; Ice cold A/C; Extreemly reliable vehicle; Good all around ergonomics; exacting fit and finish interior; exacting body gaps exterior. Center console storage is really two bins in one - and you can open the lower bin while the upper bin is still closed.

High beams switch is on the steering wheel column - it belongs on the floorboard; Brake light switch clicks and can be felt when activating brakes; excessive windshield and rear view mirror wind noise; no telescopic steering wheel; inaccurate fuel gauge; onion skinned thin paint.