2001 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews 8

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
start of a trend
By Jen on 07/28/05 10:11 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE my car! V6 is v. smooth/ great pick up. Had it over 4years & have replaced a faulty dashlight & recently the altenator. B/c I do all service w/my dealer I was given "goodwill credit" & paid only for labor/they pd. for the part. I saved over $200.00! I WILL buy another honda. No troubles in the NH winter, love the climate control. Acceleration is v. smooth, dash layout is v. ergonomic. I recommend this car to anyone looking for reliability, safety & an all around great car.

Not the most reliable...
By chig on 07/15/05 00:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a Honda due to excellent ratings and their reliability that you hear so much about. Had two expensive repairs. Had to have the tranmission replaced with low mileage. Honda covered and extended warranty to 100k. Also had a rear main seal that needed repaired with around 50k mileage. Honda refused to admit is was faulty design/workmanship even though all independent sources indicated otherwise. On the 2001 LX model, don't believe the hype that this car is the most reliable out there.

Great Car
By Justin on 07/06/05 14:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 2 previous models and this one by far is my favorite. It is a very nicely equipped car. Anyone wanting to buy one should not worry about getting a bad one because they all are a great vehicle.

Excellent car
By Bimal on 06/04/05 22:20 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first hounda car. I bought it used and I must thank previous owner for his immaculate maintainence of the car. I have put on 20k miles on it in 15 months. I love this car and there is nothing that I feel, I would like to complain about it. One minor thing I noticed was in the city I get about 17 mpg. However on highways I have noticed more than 30 mpg as long as I stay around 70 mph (with ac/heater on). I highly recommend this car to everyone.

A great car but could be quieter inside
By itsjen_again on 05/19/05 21:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought as "certified" used vehicle w/ 5000 miles in 2003. Most impressed w/ reliability-now at 35000 miles and not a single problem or repair. Reliable family (of 4) vehicle with good gas mileage (26 mpg around town--4 cyl). Not too zippy, but handles well. Expected it to be a quieter ride; more wind/road noise than I like. Seats uncomfortable on long drives (>1 hr). Interior design no frills but well laid-out. Lots of trunk space and flexible cargo arrangement w/ the fold- down rear seat and rear seat port-hole (have used this feature many times). We need to move up to larger vehicle now (baby on way) so its good resale value is a plus. Overall satisfied with this car.

Honda beware
By Mikkos on 05/11/05 16:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've now had my Accord EX for 2 years now and I have started having transmission problems. First gears hestitates and shifts very hard. It's also really jerking when going up hills or coming to a stop. The sunroof rattles constantly when sunshade is open. I'm just disappointed with Honda. Everything else is good and I haven't had any other problems with it.

My Accord
By My Accord on 03/03/05 12:12 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Honda two years today. I love driving the car and it's well equipped. I love the moonroof, keyless entry and 6 disc CD changer. I take it in for maintance and I'm yet to have any problems. I'm currently at 92,000.

Love my Honda
By Tori on 02/22/05 17:18 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2001 honda accord with 70k miles on it. Best car I have ever bought. Fun to drive. Easy to hook up for teens. Looks nice, and very spacious. It seems the manual hondas are better. Had a 97 honda civic automatic transmission. The car was used but after i bought it the transmission went up on me with 20k miles. I love my honda accord and wouldnt trade it for anything else.

Thanks for nothing
By hose_job on 02/18/05 17:12 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a reliable car for commuting purposes that I could put a decent amount of miles on without having to invest a big chunk of change into some major repairs a few years down the road. I decided to go with supposed "head of the" class when it comes to reliability. Sure enough, less than 4 years and 130K into into my transmission falls apart and they want me to stick another $5000 into a replacement. The jerks tried to blame me because I only changed the fluid once a year at every 40,000 miles, when the truth is the failure was caused by a terrible design that they openly admitted to by extending the warranty to 100K miles. OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKES HONDA!!

Thanks for nothing
By hose_job on 02/18/05 17:12 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a reliable car for commuting purposes that I could put a decent amount of miles on without having to invest a big chunk of change into some major repairs a few years down the road. I decided to go with supposed "head of the" class when it comes to reliability. Sure enough, less than 4 years and 130K into into my transmission falls apart and they want me to stick another $5000 into a replacement. They tried to blame me because I only changed the fluid once a year at every 40,000 miles, when the truth is the failure was caused by a terrible design that they openly admitted to by extending the warranty to 100K miles.OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKES HONDA!!