Used 2001 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Good Car
By Wheels5

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Accord I've driven, the first being a 1999 Accord EX-V6, that my Dad still drives with 180,000 miles. I bought this one for better gas mileage and I've been extremely happy with the 29.7 MPG I've gotten on average with 60% highway driving. Comfortable, roomy, and it's got just enough power, having the manual transmission helps though; also the manual isn't prone to failure like the automatic is. Overall a fun car to drive everyday that isn't great at one thing but good at everything. Go Honda!

Manual Transmission, 6 CD changer, Sunroof, Gas Mileage.

Larger Wheels on the EX trim level.

Transmission problems
By Pamela Meyer

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Honda - the others were reliable and I kept them serviced so they would last and they did. Except this one. The transmission is bad and needs to be replaced. The dealer won't replace it under the extended warranty of 7 years and 9 months (I don't drive a lot) but I'm still under the 109,000 mile warranty - it's whichever occurs first. I always trusted Honda's reputation for being a car that lasted a long time without major repairs until very high miles. This is the last Honda I'll ever buy. In my opinion Honda is slipping in quality.

Practical and reliable - not bad looking
By Madison

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Thinking of giving it to my daughter now, but this car has been "bullet proof". Did a lot of commuting the first few years and had no problems. Ride a bit stiff and noisy with Firestone tires, but very sure footed. Fit-and-finish from the factory was outstanding, much better than my Toyota. I agree with others that the brakes could have been made a bit better. If you can find a clean one - not necessarily mine - it would be a great used car!

Seating position and electric divers seat. Fuel economy.

Could have been a quieter car, a lot of road noise. It makes my F150 seem sound like a whisper in comparison.

Update from previous review (100K)
By Sofyan Bey

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am the third owner, I purchased this car from my sister in June 2009, she bought the car from the original owner in July 2007 with 66K on it for $10,300 when I bought the car from her in June of 2009 it had 95K on it. I bought it from her for $6,300 after she put on 30K in 2 years. The car is great, it just hit 100,015 today and runs like a new car. I did some maintenance over the summer, I replaced the front rotors and did the timing belt and water pump and had the rear rotors resurfaced and new pads put on. Today I just did the spark plugs bc they are original. I used to drive a 96 Camry and this car is so much nicer to drive and the V6 is smooth and powerful. Gas mileage is at 24 mpg.

Smooth and Quick 200 hp VTEC V6 engine, Sunroof, Leather Interior, Traction Control, Side Air Bags, Excellent Steering Response, Tight Handling (compared to my sloppy Camry), Dark Emerald Pearl Color, Excellent Sound System and 6-Disc CD changer, Excellent Resale value, ITS A HONDA. ;)

6th Gen. Accords had trans problems, mine is the original at 100K tho, Front seats need to be reshaped, the lumber is too high and gets uncomfortable on long trips, Gas mileage in the city stinks at 18 mpg, 27 highway. V6 needs more low end torque, feels powerful past 3500 but slow below 3,000 rpms

Follow up review 4 years later
By ElectricalEngineer

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I reviewed this car in October 2005. Now it is four years later, I still have the same Accord EXV6. I'm even happier after this much time has passed. I've made a lot of improvements to the sound system that resulted in complete disassembly. This is an excellent vehicle to work on. Everything is secured well. Panels can be removed and replaced without squeaking or rattling. It is still a great vehicle and I'm always getting compliments when people see the odometer. Do not hesitate to pick this one up!

Love the engine. The interior is well made. Layout of gauges and controls is logical. Plenty of room for four adults, or two adults and two car seats. Excellent vehicle for a Sound Quality competition level system.

Wish it had temp and compass built in. I would like a 5th gear for highway driving at lower RPM. Brakes could be upgraded, they get soft after some workouts.