Used 2001 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Bought Naples Gold when I saw it!
By Too Tall to drive

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, this car looks good (no spoiler but added window tint)! At5'10", my driver's seat is not comfortable beyond 30 min. Lumbar support is too low and I often readjust due to "slippage" on the firm leather. I sat in my sister's new Avalon this year, and realize I desire a smoother "Boat Ride" vs the EX.

Favorite Features

The radio, 6-CD changer, ergonomics of my controls, the fun sporty look! and the nods I get from cute guys!

Suggested Improvements

Definitely needs to be heavier. The car accelerates beautifully but often does not feel stable with the quick power. Pleeease add softer leather...maybe a couple leather options. Thanks.

Reliability 1st.........Performance 2nd
By Zorin

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The title says it all. This is a Honda and expect it to perform well over 200K miles if its taken care of. The ride is excellent for a small car. Most cars of this size are relatively bumpy for this price range. The performance lacks though! Acceleration begins avout 3K RPM's and above. Unfortunately the stick shift was not offered in a 6 cylinder until 2003, and a stick was what I wanted. Gas mileage is about 25 city and 31 hwy.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, nice comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

More power to the 4 cylinders. The radio lacks power as well! It needs an amp to put some umph behind the music!

rating
By nabil

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

it is an enjoyable car, it is reliable. I prefer the V6.

Suggested Improvements

the seat next to driver needs whenver is opened to allow passengers in the back seats to get out.it does not return to each place and needs adjusment. it is annoying.

Not What I Thought it Should Be
By YngGftdnBlk

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001EX Coupe 4-cyl. after my 2000 Nissan Altima was stolen. I must admit that I would definitely prefer my Altima over this car. I bought this car for resale and resale only. Don't get me wrong, I was in love with the car when I bought it; however, after driving the car 6K miles and having one accident in the vehicle, I was suprised at how cheaply they put the car together. The car had alot of plastic and styrofoam with no real steal to support the car with. I have had the car since Feb 2003 and will be trading it in by Sept 2003.

Favorite Features

I love the 6 disc CD, spoiler, and design of the vehicle. I turn a lot of heads.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, better build quality with the sheet metal

not again
By Never Again Honda

2001 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After 25,000 miles the trans was replaced. It does not shift correclty since then. It has been in the shop for valve seals, rear window water leaks and other small stuff. Mine is for sale... watch out.

Favorite Features

Selling it

Suggested Improvements

Discontinue