2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews 8

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I'd do it again
By mrkdrv on 02/25/06 19:02 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for three years and have had no problems. I bought it with just under 20K miles and have not hit 50k yet so I am definitely not beating it. I would buy this car again. Not everyone that owns a Honda will be problem free but you have to like your chances.

A terriffic value
By Ron on 01/19/06 21:33 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

EXTREMELY RELIABLE with low Maintenance. Overall a great value with a total cost of only $2400 annually [averaging 20,000 miles] for first 5 yrs.. Original total cost $18,300 incl all taxes etc..- current value $7400. Only repairs in 5yrs/92,000 miles are front brakes/rotors and clock light bulb.

Nice Car
By Hal on 01/16/06 15:35 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car. Good body shape -- doesn't look trendy, even after five years. In fact, prefer body shape to current model. Good quality materials. Highly reliable. Comfortable seats. Good driver control positions. Good engine -- the power of a 6 cylinder with the economy of a 4 cylinder. In general, better quality vs. my Lumina it replaced.

Not surprised!!
By accordfan on 12/26/05 17:16 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have three Hondas including two Accords. The great part of it is it's ingenious placement of the controls. When I'm looking for something for the a/c it is so easy to find it, the knobs are large and the buttons are close to the steering wheels. I've been in other cars and many car companies overlook this need. The gas mileage is great and the performance is pretty good for a four cylinder car. I was expecting a boring car but it is much more than I ever thought an Accord could be. If you are looking for a great car that will last almost forever, a Honda Accord is just the car! :D

I love this car.
By Austin on 11/28/05 11:58 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Honda Accord for a little over 4 years now. I bought it brand new and have had no problems with it at all. I currently has almost 100k miles on it. In my opinion, Honda's are the most reliable vehicles on the road today. The 4-cylinder Accord could use more power, but with the 4-cylinder you get great gas mileage. Great vehicle!

Accords rule !
By Kevin on 11/17/05 17:10 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our Accord has given us ZERO problems the last 3 years. Bought it used with 16K miles, now it has 65K miles and no problems at all. I am 6'2" and it has plenty of leg room, sits 5 people easily, and has good pickup for a 2.3L 4 cylinder. Would recommend this car to anyone looking for a vehicle they can hold onto for 7-8 years. Also holds resale value extremely well so it is good equity-wise. We took a 60 month loan on this vehicle and with 24 payments left it is worth $2000 more (wholesale) than what we owe which is excellent.

Purchased new in 2001
By Bob Welsh on 11/02/05 19:35 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like everything about the car except for the fact that for me, too low to the ground. Reliability has been fine thus far, had brake job at 60,000 miles and other than routine maintenance, no problems. Tires need to be replaced in about 1000 miles (630,,,). I do wish the sound /stereo was better but I like the 6 CD in dash.The V6 gives it enough power but I wish it had more. Fuel economy is around 22MPG with most of driving done on hiway

Great Car
By rw on 10/27/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our honda new in 2001. It was our first honda and definitely will not be our last.It has been a great car-very dependable. We have had to do only routine maintenance to it! It rides the same today as it did 4 years ago. We are very happy. We have a total of 100,00 plus miles on it and plan on keeping for a long time!

Research paid off
By ElectricalEngineer on 10/19/05 19:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked into purchasing a used car for over a year. After owning several Toyota Camry's I wanted something with equal build quality and reliability, but with a driver's design. This accord delivers! I love driving it and everyone else who drives it is amazed. This is truely an amazing vehicle.

Never Again
By dhbl on 10/12/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I thought that this would be a reliable car that gets good gas mileage. All I can say is never again will I buy a Honda. I have had transmission problems, some covered by warranty others not. The fuel economy is not great, 22mpg. I can get better mileage from my other larger sedan that I own. Basicaly it has been very disapointing