2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I love this car.
By Austin on 11/28/05 11:58 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Honda Accord for a little over 4 years now. I bought it brand new and have had no problems with it at all. I currently has almost 100k miles on it. In my opinion, Honda's are the most reliable vehicles on the road today. The 4-cylinder Accord could use more power, but with the 4-cylinder you get great gas mileage. Great vehicle!

Accords rule !
By Kevin on 11/17/05 17:10 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our Accord has given us ZERO problems the last 3 years. Bought it used with 16K miles, now it has 65K miles and no problems at all. I am 6'2" and it has plenty of leg room, sits 5 people easily, and has good pickup for a 2.3L 4 cylinder. Would recommend this car to anyone looking for a vehicle they can hold onto for 7-8 years. Also holds resale value extremely well so it is good equity-wise. We took a 60 month loan on this vehicle and with 24 payments left it is worth $2000 more (wholesale) than what we owe which is excellent.

Purchased new in 2001
By Bob Welsh on 11/02/05 19:35 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like everything about the car except for the fact that for me, too low to the ground. Reliability has been fine thus far, had brake job at 60,000 miles and other than routine maintenance, no problems. Tires need to be replaced in about 1000 miles (630,,,). I do wish the sound /stereo was better but I like the 6 CD in dash.The V6 gives it enough power but I wish it had more. Fuel economy is around 22MPG with most of driving done on hiway

Great Car
By rw on 10/27/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our honda new in 2001. It was our first honda and definitely will not be our last.It has been a great car-very dependable. We have had to do only routine maintenance to it! It rides the same today as it did 4 years ago. We are very happy. We have a total of 100,00 plus miles on it and plan on keeping for a long time!

Research paid off
By ElectricalEngineer on 10/19/05 19:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked into purchasing a used car for over a year. After owning several Toyota Camry's I wanted something with equal build quality and reliability, but with a driver's design. This accord delivers! I love driving it and everyone else who drives it is amazed. This is truely an amazing vehicle.

Never Again
By dhbl on 10/12/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I thought that this would be a reliable car that gets good gas mileage. All I can say is never again will I buy a Honda. I have had transmission problems, some covered by warranty others not. The fuel economy is not great, 22mpg. I can get better mileage from my other larger sedan that I own. Basicaly it has been very disapointing

Brake problems anyone...?
By bigfoot on 10/12/05 13:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new in 2001 and have 117K miles on it. Overall have been very happy with performance and reliability. Only scheduled maintenance (110K is a killer - $900) and replacement of window motor, but expected that based on previous Honda experience. However, this vehicle has recurring problems with rotor warping/brake vibration and I was wonering of other owners have had similar experiences. Have had it back to Honda several times for in warranty and out of warranty fixes, but problem persists. Would like to know if this is a recurring theme as I am considering the purchase of an '05 Accord.

Good car
By wrdrennan on 09/27/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I picked the Honda Accord for reliability and safety. The 2001 Accord offers good, but not great mileage. The ride is reasonably smooth and the EX offers 6-CD changer, certainly a plus. Handling on the vehicle is acceptable, but a bit of a dissapointment. Stopping distances seem a little long to me, especially if the anti-locks kick in. Turning isn't as smooth as I'd like either. The exterior, as with Hondas offers no excitment, but one cannot complain about top safety ratings and few-- in fact no mechanical problems at 65000 miles.

68000 mile review
By Liberty_05 on 08/28/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Accord is the perfect all-around sedan for those who cannot afford a BMW (or those smart enough not to invest their hard earned money into rapidly depreciating assets at luxury prices). The Accord is sporty enough with a peppy engine and taut suspension to be really fun to zip around in. The car comfortably fits our family of four and has been a great stop-and-go hauler around town as well as a great highway touring sedan. Mechanically the car has been flawless. We have only had to replace a battery, oil and filters. The biggest drawback has been the length and turning radius making it sometimes difficult to park

Accord
By Lenny Mai on 08/21/05 00:28 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 01 Lx V6 coupe and my cousin has a 2000 TL. believe me the interior is very much alike leather and trim. Accord is the fun car to drive even though it lacked in speed, but after some basic modifications it can be real tough competitor with the 3.0liter SOHC 24valve