Used 2001 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

honda ex v6 sedan 3.0
By joe pa

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in August 2004. It had 30,000 miles. Since owned it has been a great vehicle. Very comfortable on long trips. Very roomy inside. Nice big trunk for grocery shopping. Overall couldn't be happier to own such a strong and dependable car. Get one and you will be very pleased on how well this vehicle drives. It now has 146,000 and never any problems.

comfort, peppy engine, tranny, and good gas millage considering it has a v6 getting 28 city/ 35 mpg highway

not a thing.

Can't Go Wrong
By JayC

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

In the last 19 years I have owned 2 cars, a Honda civic and now a Honda Accord. Between the two of them I have replaced the tires and the exhaust on the Civic--that is it! For dependable, well made cars you can't go wrong. The size of the sedan is good. Good trunk size, good passenger size, nice feel, vision and little things like cup holder, glove box etc. Dash is easy to read, all controls are placed sensibly. I don't drive a lot but the car is comfortable and good on gas.

Just the overall comfort and sensible placement of all controls and accessories.

I'm sure the car has been redone. Hopefully they didn't change much as the setup and comfort, gas mileage and reliability are great.

Good but not great
By Pat

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It's been very reliable but the threat of transmission failure hanging over my head has always annoyed me. I change the ATF every 20K. I bought a Honda for reliability and not to think about the poorly designed A/T. MPG is only OK for a 4 cylinder. I'm not crazy about Hondas insistence on using only 'genuine Honda fluids'. The A/Chas never been 'freezing' cold like some other cars I've owned. Despite all my complaining it has been a good car. It's just that when you buy a Honda you expect so much. I feel the motor will do 200K but the tranny won't. I'd buy a Ford Fusion next.

Still tight as it nears 100K.

Honda went to timing chains in 2003 or 2004. Having to spend big bucks to change a timing belt is ridiculous.

Excellent Car to Own
By E Johnson

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have always owned "foreign" cars--this Honda is second only to a 1996 Mazda 626 that I literally drove until it died. The Accord is super comfortable, the V6 is surprisingly fast with a LOT of get-up-and-go, and is as reliable as the sunrise. This car, despite being driven on average over 24,000 miles a year, has NEVER EVER broken down on us--all we have had to do is change the oil, fluid, belts (as called for at 60,000ish miles), and filters and keep gas in it! Speaking of gas, for a car with as much pep as this one, the gas mileage can not be beat! Best vehicle investment you can make!

V6, really comfortable front seats, dashboard layout and radio configuration, TONS of truck space, RELIABLE!

A little more room in the back seats, they are small for adults...other than, that NOTHING! :)

Very sataified customer
By Mr. Murray

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Owned since new and with 196k miles have only done routine maintenance. Replaced a 1987 Legend with 265k miles just wanted new parts but in ran fine when I sold it. I stay on top of all maintenance items and have replaced the timing belt and alternator but no tranny failure .. always change fluid ever 50k. At nearly 200k the car is still "tight" with no rattles and handles like a sports car rather than a sedan. Can't wait to get my next new one but since it's only about 1/2 thru its life it will be a few years. It's not for sale but if it were I hear the resale is very good. I never miss an oil change or other filter changes; I'm sure this makes a difference on a Honda or any other.

NO Rattles and tight running sedan that's roomy, easy to manuever, easy to see in all directions and gets good gas mileage. Like how the rear seat folds down and middle of rear seat folds down .. good for hauling. And powerful enough with a load and A/C on car perform above average.

Parts are expensive such $280 for new alternator. Air conditioner could be cooler .. on 95 degree day it struggles to cool vehicle.