2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Purchased new in 2001
By Bob Welsh on 11/02/05 19:35 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like everything about the car except for the fact that for me, too low to the ground. Reliability has been fine thus far, had brake job at 60,000 miles and other than routine maintenance, no problems. Tires need to be replaced in about 1000 miles (630,,,). I do wish the sound /stereo was better but I like the 6 CD in dash.The V6 gives it enough power but I wish it had more. Fuel economy is around 22MPG with most of driving done on hiway

Great Car
By rw on 10/27/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our honda new in 2001. It was our first honda and definitely will not be our last.It has been a great car-very dependable. We have had to do only routine maintenance to it! It rides the same today as it did 4 years ago. We are very happy. We have a total of 100,00 plus miles on it and plan on keeping for a long time!

Research paid off
By ElectricalEngineer on 10/19/05 19:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked into purchasing a used car for over a year. After owning several Toyota Camry's I wanted something with equal build quality and reliability, but with a driver's design. This accord delivers! I love driving it and everyone else who drives it is amazed. This is truely an amazing vehicle.

Never Again
By dhbl on 10/12/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I thought that this would be a reliable car that gets good gas mileage. All I can say is never again will I buy a Honda. I have had transmission problems, some covered by warranty others not. The fuel economy is not great, 22mpg. I can get better mileage from my other larger sedan that I own. Basicaly it has been very disapointing

Good car
By wrdrennan on 09/27/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I picked the Honda Accord for reliability and safety. The 2001 Accord offers good, but not great mileage. The ride is reasonably smooth and the EX offers 6-CD changer, certainly a plus. Handling on the vehicle is acceptable, but a bit of a dissapointment. Stopping distances seem a little long to me, especially if the anti-locks kick in. Turning isn't as smooth as I'd like either. The exterior, as with Hondas offers no excitment, but one cannot complain about top safety ratings and few-- in fact no mechanical problems at 65000 miles.

68000 mile review
By Liberty_05 on 08/28/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Accord is the perfect all-around sedan for those who cannot afford a BMW (or those smart enough not to invest their hard earned money into rapidly depreciating assets at luxury prices). The Accord is sporty enough with a peppy engine and taut suspension to be really fun to zip around in. The car comfortably fits our family of four and has been a great stop-and-go hauler around town as well as a great highway touring sedan. Mechanically the car has been flawless. We have only had to replace a battery, oil and filters. The biggest drawback has been the length and turning radius making it sometimes difficult to park

start of a trend
By Jen on 07/28/05 10:11 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE my car! V6 is v. smooth/ great pick up. Had it over 4years & have replaced a faulty dashlight & recently the altenator. B/c I do all service w/my dealer I was given "goodwill credit" & paid only for labor/they pd. for the part. I saved over $200.00! I WILL buy another honda. No troubles in the NH winter, love the climate control. Acceleration is v. smooth, dash layout is v. ergonomic. I recommend this car to anyone looking for reliability, safety & an all around great car.

Not the most reliable...
By chig on 07/15/05 00:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a Honda due to excellent ratings and their reliability that you hear so much about. Had two expensive repairs. Had to have the tranmission replaced with low mileage. Honda covered and extended warranty to 100k. Also had a rear main seal that needed repaired with around 50k mileage. Honda refused to admit is was faulty design/workmanship even though all independent sources indicated otherwise. On the 2001 LX model, don't believe the hype that this car is the most reliable out there.

Great Car
By Justin on 07/06/05 14:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 2 previous models and this one by far is my favorite. It is a very nicely equipped car. Anyone wanting to buy one should not worry about getting a bad one because they all are a great vehicle.

Excellent car
By Bimal on 06/04/05 22:20 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first hounda car. I bought it used and I must thank previous owner for his immaculate maintainence of the car. I have put on 20k miles on it in 15 months. I love this car and there is nothing that I feel, I would like to complain about it. One minor thing I noticed was in the city I get about 17 mpg. However on highways I have noticed more than 30 mpg as long as I stay around 70 mph (with ac/heater on). I highly recommend this car to everyone.