2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Very Solid Vehicle
By OoltewahBoy on 12/01/06 16:27 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Accord. I have a big V-8 truck and this is a nice change from it. It has 130,000 mile on it and it starts, runs, performs like it has 50,000 miles on it. The only complaint that I have is a bit of a strange shifting, driver window glass seems loose, and a slightly squeaky driver's seat. Otherwise excellent! I would buy another one.

01 coupe w/ bad trans
By kat on 11/27/06 18:32 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with approx. 52K miles on it. The transmission went out around 60K and although it was under warranty, I am very disappointed that it needed a new one. It is having similar problems now with the new trans and a friend of mine with an 02 model had her trans replaced also. I think the car interior etc is of good quality (no squeaks or rattles) and the exterior is nice looking. The stereo is just "ok". All in all, I am ready to trade for fear of needing a new trans after the extended warranty runs out.

Great Honda Except The Transmission
By Love My Honda on 10/01/06 10:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased Accord LX 4dr V6 brand new back in Nov '00 as a '01 model. The v6 engine is so smooth you won't even notice unless you press the gas pedal hard to the floor, then the muffler resonates. Available supercharger upgrades by Comptech makes the car even more fun. I am putting a lil' over 75,000 Mi by now (Sept '06). Thus far no problem with the car except the transmission kinda hunting when I press the pedal hard to the floor.I am planning to keep the car for another 5 yrs since I love it plus all the memories I've had with the car so I will add comptech supercharger to upgrade the power. Probably gotta check the transmission too. Maybe need an overhaul. I am getting 21-24mpg combined.

The car that really sells itself
By Leslie Harris on 06/22/06 12:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car that I have every had. In fact all the Hondas that I have owned have been excellent vehicles, that is what keeps me coming back for more. With 98,000 miles it still rides solid, strong and true.

Decent, but rotors keep warping!
By edsnooper on 04/29/06 03:05 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted reliability, and while the engine is reliable the brake rotors keep warping, casuing a strong vibration when stopping. Also honda sent me a notice after 10k miles that they had determined some of their cars had problems with the transmission, and that they were extending the warrenty to 100k. I guess that is pretty decent, except if I thought the honda would only go 100k, I would have sooner bought a cheaper and bigger/more powerful american car... I would think twice before buying another honda...

A Solid Car...with Class
By JCToro on 03/15/06 14:39 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 Honda Accord new. The car is very comfortable for a family of two (husband and wife). Getting into the back seat can be difficult for additional adult passengers (especially if they are not average in size). After almost five years, my Honda Accord looks and runs great. The only problem I have encountered was to replace the power door lock actuator (twice on the passenger side door). It is a car I truly enjoy driving. The V-6 engine has all the power you will need on the highway. This is the third Honda that I have purchased in the past ten years.

Trouble free vehicle!
By Brenda on 03/04/06 22:13 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We have had no problems with our Accord. It has only needed a new set of tires since we purchased it. It is very comfortable for 4 large adults and is fuel efficient. Performance with the 4 cylinder is adequate. The automatic transmission is sluggish to downshift. It handles and brakes very well. I am somewhat concerned with the amount of reviews refering to the premature failure of the automatic transmissions. Fortunately, our dealer "gave" us a 10 yr/100000mi waranty--hopefully we won't have to use it. The dealer in Kingsport is very good but you have to remind them to wash your car, update your records in your owners manual, stamp your 5 oil changes get the sixth one free card.

I'd do it again
By mrkdrv on 02/25/06 19:02 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for three years and have had no problems. I bought it with just under 20K miles and have not hit 50k yet so I am definitely not beating it. I would buy this car again. Not everyone that owns a Honda will be problem free but you have to like your chances.

A terriffic value
By Ron on 01/19/06 21:33 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

EXTREMELY RELIABLE with low Maintenance. Overall a great value with a total cost of only $2400 annually [averaging 20,000 miles] for first 5 yrs.. Original total cost $18,300 incl all taxes etc..- current value $7400. Only repairs in 5yrs/92,000 miles are front brakes/rotors and clock light bulb.

Nice Car
By Hal on 01/16/06 15:35 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car. Good body shape -- doesn't look trendy, even after five years. In fact, prefer body shape to current model. Good quality materials. Highly reliable. Comfortable seats. Good driver control positions. Good engine -- the power of a 6 cylinder with the economy of a 4 cylinder. In general, better quality vs. my Lumina it replaced.