2001 Honda Accord DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

Great car
By Mike

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the EX V6 with dual front and side airbags, ABS and traction control because we wanted a safe car for our teenage drivers. Car runs exceptionally well - nearly as smooth as my 5 series BMW. Good mileage around town and on the road. Strong A/C (important since we live in FL).

Favorite Features

6 CD in dash changer, plenty of storage spaces. Fold down rear seat with pass through for long objects. Good quality leater seats, strong engine.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality exterior paint. We have a number of spots where the paint has faded. Maybe it is due to the harsh FL sun, but I have noticed quite a few other Accords with similar paint fade spots.

2001 Honda Accord VP
By ronald panaccione

2001 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Has provided superior performance from day one. No problems whatsoever. Minimal maintenance required in all areas. Original tires lasted 60m - brakes 50,000. Still has original muffler at 107,000 miles.

Ed's Review of 01 Accord
By Ed

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I have ever owned. It has been flawless. I have had regular services performed as recommended and had the brakes serviced at ~60,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Smooth, stable ride. Good acceleration for a 4 cylinder engine.

Good except the transmission
By Dave

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Accord is a fun to drive practical car. The transmission was always a little jumpy, but the longer we have had the car, the more severe the shifts to second (especially downshifting) have become. When the car is cold it is downright scary. I have had the car in to check out the transmission twice and the dealer says that that is normal for a Honda. I am considering a Acura next, but my reservation is the transmission. Love the cars, but Honda should really do something about the transmission. Recall???

Favorite Features

Ride has very nice balance of sport and bump absorption.

Suggested Improvements

A transmission which works properly. It ruins an otherwise nice car.

a superb automobile
By john szewczuk

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has performed flawlessly for all 67,000 miles. The only maintenance I have performed on it is factory suggested oil changes, tune ups, and a brake job. And at 67,000 miles this car has the ride of a new car!

Favorite Features

The accuracy of the cruise control The features of the locking system No radio antenna-crystal clear reception

Suggested Improvements

As I am getting older, and bigger, it would be nice to have more interior space. I average anywhere from 20 to 25 miles per gallon. It would be great to improve on that.

Very Solid Vehicle
By OoltewahBoy

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Accord. I have a big V-8 truck and this is a nice change from it. It has 130,000 mile on it and it starts, runs, performs like it has 50,000 miles on it. The only complaint that I have is a bit of a strange shifting, driver window glass seems loose, and a slightly squeaky driver's seat. Otherwise excellent! I would buy another one.

Favorite Features

Driving position, steering wheel design, gas mileage, handling, turning radius, front passenger comfort, moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Work on when tranny shifts, more solid door glass/motors, and seat.

01 coupe w/ bad trans
By kat

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with approx. 52K miles on it. The transmission went out around 60K and although it was under warranty, I am very disappointed that it needed a new one. It is having similar problems now with the new trans and a friend of mine with an 02 model had her trans replaced also. I think the car interior etc is of good quality (no squeaks or rattles) and the exterior is nice looking. The stereo is just "ok". All in all, I am ready to trade for fear of needing a new trans after the extended warranty runs out.

Favorite Features

leather interior

Suggested Improvements

better stereo; more reliable transmission

Great Honda Except The Transmission
By Love My Honda

2001 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased Accord LX 4dr V6 brand new back in Nov '00 as a '01 model. The v6 engine is so smooth you won't even notice unless you press the gas pedal hard to the floor, then the muffler resonates. Available supercharger upgrades by Comptech makes the car even more fun. I am putting a lil' over 75,000 Mi by now (Sept '06). Thus far no problem with the car except the transmission kinda hunting when I press the pedal hard to the floor.I am planning to keep the car for another 5 yrs since I love it plus all the memories I've had with the car so I will add comptech supercharger to upgrade the power. Probably gotta check the transmission too. Maybe need an overhaul. I am getting 21-24mpg combined.

Favorite Features

Smooth V6 Engine, dual exhaust, Handling, 6 speakers, Rear-disk brakes, Engine plastic cover, Safety (friend of mine got hit hard from behind! The Altima was heavily damage, The accord spare tire compartment bent in but bumper went back to the orig. position as the car was never hit except paint peel

Suggested Improvements

More responsive transmission like the BMWs, Good-looking Interior, Larger diameter rear-disk brake, Better paint quality, Wider tires and wheels.

The car that really sells itself
By Leslie Harris

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car that I have every had. In fact all the Hondas that I have owned have been excellent vehicles, that is what keeps me coming back for more. With 98,000 miles it still rides solid, strong and true.

Favorite Features

I just love the color and the shape of the coupe fell in love with it the moment I saw it in the dealership lot with the plastic still on. Not like other cars even though it is an older bodystyle it still looks distinctive.

Suggested Improvements

MORE HORSE POWER. Let's face it, the with the cost of the car the base horsepower for an EX should have at least been 200.

Decent, but rotors keep warping!
By edsnooper

2001 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted reliability, and while the engine is reliable the brake rotors keep warping, casuing a strong vibration when stopping. Also honda sent me a notice after 10k miles that they had determined some of their cars had problems with the transmission, and that they were extending the warrenty to 100k. I guess that is pretty decent, except if I thought the honda would only go 100k, I would have sooner bought a cheaper and bigger/more powerful american car... I would think twice before buying another honda...

Favorite Features

Looks good, tight build, engine reliability

Suggested Improvements

Horrible gas mileage, warped rotors, non-supportive seating.