Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 239 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Updated review after my first year
By xoquixxoqafxo

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this Accord for a little over a year, got it with 95k and today 07/14/2010 it has 111,895 miles. It needed a lot of maintenance to get it to the condition i have it at right now. I have replaced the timing belt/water pump, tires, battery, transmission fluid, front and rear brakes, spark plugs, and last week my rear main seal failed and it leaked about half a quart of oil in 2 weeks. It was an unexpected, not to mention early failure so if anyone else had that same problem let me know cause it was an expensive repair.I am happy that my automatic transmission is fine and overall, i am quite please with the car and plan to keep him for a while.

J30A1 200 HP VTEC V6 engine, Smooth and quiet highway cruiser, roomy interior, high quality finishes and built quality, the fact that it looks like a new car to people, Honda resale value and reliability, Hearing the VTEC engagement at 3500 rpm ;)

Seats with lumbar support that is in the wrong spot and won't go in enough. Gas mileage in the city is terrible (18 mpg), 27 on the hwy but i have gotten an astounding 32 mpg once on a trip to Ma from Va. Hope to replace this car with a Honda Civic Si in the next couple years ;)

Hmm........Honda--such a great car??
By TAZKBJR

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Ok, I am the second owner of this car. I bought this 01 Honda Accord from my step-mom at the beginning of May 2010. As I write this review, the check engine light has come on (and gone off) twice. In the length of time that I have "known" this car, there have been multiple problems. I know for a fact the trans. has been replaced twice, first time was to replace the original faulty trans, and the second replace was because of a faulty trans. and it was within three weeks of first replacement. This is my first Honda and I am truly wondering what is so great! My '94 Escort has fewer problems than this "wonderful and reliable" Honda, my next car probably won't be a Honda.

Love the sporty look with my spoiler! Design of the car is cool Power driver seat

Moonroof needs to open wider MPG for a 4-cyl.

Bad transmission
By John

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the Honda Accord 3.0 L V6 sedan for 9 years and I drive it only to work with a mileage of 90,000. The transmission failed but otherwise it looks like brand new with regular maintenance. Fixing the transmission costs $4,100 at the dealer's and after 7 years is no longer covered by warranty. I though that I bought a reliable car that will drive up to 150,000 miles but not so! I will never ever buy Honda again.

Middle Aged but Still Rocks
By Kenneth Deyer

2001 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car had some problems with the air bag sensor which required to be replaced by the dealership [under warranty]. With a few upgrades, new shocks and struts + some after market 18 inch alloy rims and handling has greatly improved. [~$2500 for entire package]. With a few interior upgrades such a new MP3 compatible stereo and GPS, completes the picture.

The handling and acceleration. The gas mileage ~28 mpg. A few strangers over the last few years have asked if I was planning to sell it. Unfortunately, I am not planning to sell my car anytime soon.

a better higher performance exhaust system. Easier replacement access to the headlights and the battery.

Transmission?
By kc

2001 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first Honda and my last. The transmission is shot and come to find out, this is a known issue for Honda. However. And beware. They will not assist in repairing the transmission if you are one day or one mile over the warranty. They knew the transmission was faulty and still used it for several years. The issue is not that a manufacturer has a defective product, but rather, that the manufacturer knowingly sold a product that had the distinct potential of failing and will not back up their product. I don't care how many great reviews Honda gets or has gotten. They have proved to me to be an unreliable company with which to deal. Stay away from all Honda!

none