Used 2001 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I just run and run
By Alain Boutin

2001 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Transmission misbehaved at 99.8K miles, warranty covered those models up to 100K miles ! The dealer replaced it for free. They replaced also the air bag for free. Noisy, stiff, it is a torture chamber. Both rear seat panels fell off. That is all. After 132K miles, the car still runs fine. That is what we expect from a car. To go from A to B. US market Honda are hard to repair in Canada. They are not even listed on their computer system. Relatively stable under slippery condition. Pedals too sensitive. It is a Canbox on 4 wheels. But a good Canbox.

Reliable (except the Automatic transmission)

Make them more comfortable, quieter

Hand-Me-Down Car
By GML

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My dad bought this car brand new in January 2001, and has had it for a little more than 9 and 1/2 years. Now, it's been handed down to me as my dad has gotten a new 2010 Accord. I've driven the car many times before my dad gave it to me. It's not a bad car. The ride is good and comfortable. The power is sufficient. The exterior style is a little boring, but I can deal. After 9 years in the family, it runs fine and I'll most likely keep it for another year or so before buying a new car for myself. As a hand-me-down car, it's good!

Fuel economy, large trunk, good visibility

Since 2001, Honda has improved the Accord's styling. The new models are nice and the styling is more exciting that the Accords of the early 2000s.

The best
By Mr. German

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

210,000 miles and it's still clicking. Regular maintenance done every 100,000 - timing belt and water pump. The V6 has lots of pep, still get 30-32 on the highway, mucho comfort with the leather power seats.

Reliable, V6, leather.

Don't need the fancy tires that come with it.

Updated review after my first year
By xoquixxoqafxo

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this Accord for a little over a year, got it with 95k and today 07/14/2010 it has 111,895 miles. It needed a lot of maintenance to get it to the condition i have it at right now. I have replaced the timing belt/water pump, tires, battery, transmission fluid, front and rear brakes, spark plugs, and last week my rear main seal failed and it leaked about half a quart of oil in 2 weeks. It was an unexpected, not to mention early failure so if anyone else had that same problem let me know cause it was an expensive repair.I am happy that my automatic transmission is fine and overall, i am quite please with the car and plan to keep him for a while.

J30A1 200 HP VTEC V6 engine, Smooth and quiet highway cruiser, roomy interior, high quality finishes and built quality, the fact that it looks like a new car to people, Honda resale value and reliability, Hearing the VTEC engagement at 3500 rpm ;)

Seats with lumbar support that is in the wrong spot and won't go in enough. Gas mileage in the city is terrible (18 mpg), 27 on the hwy but i have gotten an astounding 32 mpg once on a trip to Ma from Va. Hope to replace this car with a Honda Civic Si in the next couple years ;)

Bad transmission
By John

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the Honda Accord 3.0 L V6 sedan for 9 years and I drive it only to work with a mileage of 90,000. The transmission failed but otherwise it looks like brand new with regular maintenance. Fixing the transmission costs $4,100 at the dealer's and after 7 years is no longer covered by warranty. I though that I bought a reliable car that will drive up to 150,000 miles but not so! I will never ever buy Honda again.