2001 Honda Accord DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Study, reliable car
By MJ Gehant CPA on 05/09/07 11:57 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a sturdy, reliable car. Handles well and very zippy. It makes up in reliability and durability what it lacks in excitement. No mechanical or body problems, decent mileage (though I expected better than 28 mpg but my lead foot may have something to do with that). I fully expect it will go another 300,000 miles or so, although another driver will get that experience since I'll be trading it off soon. No fault of the car - it's just time for me to move on to something else. My overall experience with this car has been great - nothing bad to say.

Great car
By Mike on 05/06/07 09:45 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the EX V6 with dual front and side airbags, ABS and traction control because we wanted a safe car for our teenage drivers. Car runs exceptionally well - nearly as smooth as my 5 series BMW. Good mileage around town and on the road. Strong A/C (important since we live in FL).

2001 Honda Accord VP
By ronald panaccione on 04/07/07 09:25 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Has provided superior performance from day one. No problems whatsoever. Minimal maintenance required in all areas. Original tires lasted 60m - brakes 50,000. Still has original muffler at 107,000 miles.

Ed's Review of 01 Accord
By Ed on 04/06/07 08:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I have ever owned. It has been flawless. I have had regular services performed as recommended and had the brakes serviced at ~60,000 miles.

Good except the transmission
By Dave on 03/22/07 18:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Accord is a fun to drive practical car. The transmission was always a little jumpy, but the longer we have had the car, the more severe the shifts to second (especially downshifting) have become. When the car is cold it is downright scary. I have had the car in to check out the transmission twice and the dealer says that that is normal for a Honda. I am considering a Acura next, but my reservation is the transmission. Love the cars, but Honda should really do something about the transmission. Recall???

a superb automobile
By john szewczuk on 02/17/07 04:44 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has performed flawlessly for all 67,000 miles. The only maintenance I have performed on it is factory suggested oil changes, tune ups, and a brake job. And at 67,000 miles this car has the ride of a new car!

Very Solid Vehicle
By OoltewahBoy on 12/01/06 16:27 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Accord. I have a big V-8 truck and this is a nice change from it. It has 130,000 mile on it and it starts, runs, performs like it has 50,000 miles on it. The only complaint that I have is a bit of a strange shifting, driver window glass seems loose, and a slightly squeaky driver's seat. Otherwise excellent! I would buy another one.

Great Honda Except The Transmission
By Love My Honda on 10/01/06 10:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased Accord LX 4dr V6 brand new back in Nov '00 as a '01 model. The v6 engine is so smooth you won't even notice unless you press the gas pedal hard to the floor, then the muffler resonates. Available supercharger upgrades by Comptech makes the car even more fun. I am putting a lil' over 75,000 Mi by now (Sept '06). Thus far no problem with the car except the transmission kinda hunting when I press the pedal hard to the floor.I am planning to keep the car for another 5 yrs since I love it plus all the memories I've had with the car so I will add comptech supercharger to upgrade the power. Probably gotta check the transmission too. Maybe need an overhaul. I am getting 21-24mpg combined.

Decent, but rotors keep warping!
By edsnooper on 04/29/06 03:05 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted reliability, and while the engine is reliable the brake rotors keep warping, casuing a strong vibration when stopping. Also honda sent me a notice after 10k miles that they had determined some of their cars had problems with the transmission, and that they were extending the warrenty to 100k. I guess that is pretty decent, except if I thought the honda would only go 100k, I would have sooner bought a cheaper and bigger/more powerful american car... I would think twice before buying another honda...

Trouble free vehicle!
By Brenda on 03/04/06 22:13 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We have had no problems with our Accord. It has only needed a new set of tires since we purchased it. It is very comfortable for 4 large adults and is fuel efficient. Performance with the 4 cylinder is adequate. The automatic transmission is sluggish to downshift. It handles and brakes very well. I am somewhat concerned with the amount of reviews refering to the premature failure of the automatic transmissions. Fortunately, our dealer "gave" us a 10 yr/100000mi waranty--hopefully we won't have to use it. The dealer in Kingsport is very good but you have to remind them to wash your car, update your records in your owners manual, stamp your 5 oil changes get the sixth one free card.