2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Ed's Review of 01 Accord
By Ed on 04/06/07 08:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I have ever owned. It has been flawless. I have had regular services performed as recommended and had the brakes serviced at ~60,000 miles.

Good except the transmission
By Dave on 03/22/07 18:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Accord is a fun to drive practical car. The transmission was always a little jumpy, but the longer we have had the car, the more severe the shifts to second (especially downshifting) have become. When the car is cold it is downright scary. I have had the car in to check out the transmission twice and the dealer says that that is normal for a Honda. I am considering a Acura next, but my reservation is the transmission. Love the cars, but Honda should really do something about the transmission. Recall???

a superb automobile
By john szewczuk on 02/17/07 04:44 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has performed flawlessly for all 67,000 miles. The only maintenance I have performed on it is factory suggested oil changes, tune ups, and a brake job. And at 67,000 miles this car has the ride of a new car!

Very Solid Vehicle
By OoltewahBoy on 12/01/06 16:27 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Accord. I have a big V-8 truck and this is a nice change from it. It has 130,000 mile on it and it starts, runs, performs like it has 50,000 miles on it. The only complaint that I have is a bit of a strange shifting, driver window glass seems loose, and a slightly squeaky driver's seat. Otherwise excellent! I would buy another one.

Great Honda Except The Transmission
By Love My Honda on 10/01/06 10:08 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased Accord LX 4dr V6 brand new back in Nov '00 as a '01 model. The v6 engine is so smooth you won't even notice unless you press the gas pedal hard to the floor, then the muffler resonates. Available supercharger upgrades by Comptech makes the car even more fun. I am putting a lil' over 75,000 Mi by now (Sept '06). Thus far no problem with the car except the transmission kinda hunting when I press the pedal hard to the floor.I am planning to keep the car for another 5 yrs since I love it plus all the memories I've had with the car so I will add comptech supercharger to upgrade the power. Probably gotta check the transmission too. Maybe need an overhaul. I am getting 21-24mpg combined.

Decent, but rotors keep warping!
By edsnooper on 04/29/06 03:05 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted reliability, and while the engine is reliable the brake rotors keep warping, casuing a strong vibration when stopping. Also honda sent me a notice after 10k miles that they had determined some of their cars had problems with the transmission, and that they were extending the warrenty to 100k. I guess that is pretty decent, except if I thought the honda would only go 100k, I would have sooner bought a cheaper and bigger/more powerful american car... I would think twice before buying another honda...

Trouble free vehicle!
By Brenda on 03/04/06 22:13 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We have had no problems with our Accord. It has only needed a new set of tires since we purchased it. It is very comfortable for 4 large adults and is fuel efficient. Performance with the 4 cylinder is adequate. The automatic transmission is sluggish to downshift. It handles and brakes very well. I am somewhat concerned with the amount of reviews refering to the premature failure of the automatic transmissions. Fortunately, our dealer "gave" us a 10 yr/100000mi waranty--hopefully we won't have to use it. The dealer in Kingsport is very good but you have to remind them to wash your car, update your records in your owners manual, stamp your 5 oil changes get the sixth one free card.

A terriffic value
By Ron on 01/19/06 21:33 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

EXTREMELY RELIABLE with low Maintenance. Overall a great value with a total cost of only $2400 annually [averaging 20,000 miles] for first 5 yrs.. Original total cost $18,300 incl all taxes etc..- current value $7400. Only repairs in 5yrs/92,000 miles are front brakes/rotors and clock light bulb.

Nice Car
By Hal on 01/16/06 15:35 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car. Good body shape -- doesn't look trendy, even after five years. In fact, prefer body shape to current model. Good quality materials. Highly reliable. Comfortable seats. Good driver control positions. Good engine -- the power of a 6 cylinder with the economy of a 4 cylinder. In general, better quality vs. my Lumina it replaced.

Not surprised!!
By accordfan on 12/26/05 17:16 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have three Hondas including two Accords. The great part of it is it's ingenious placement of the controls. When I'm looking for something for the a/c it is so easy to find it, the knobs are large and the buttons are close to the steering wheels. I've been in other cars and many car companies overlook this need. The gas mileage is great and the performance is pretty good for a four cylinder car. I was expecting a boring car but it is much more than I ever thought an Accord could be. If you are looking for a great car that will last almost forever, a Honda Accord is just the car! :D