Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 241 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

SAFE MY LIFE...SEVEN TIMES
By always7

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I used to own a 2001 Naples Gold EX Honda Accord.
I had it for nine years and had only 39,000 miles.
Unfortunately, I was involved in seven cars accidents with this car.
It survived six accidents.
It was totaled approximately a month ago, alas, the seventh car accident.
Fortunately, I was able to walk away from all those accidents in one piece.
I never had any problems with this car (except the accidents).
This was a great car and I got an outstanding deal on it.
However, no more Hondas for me.

I liked everything about this car!

Love my car
By Loyal Honda customer

2001 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2001 Accord vp! It has over 185k miles and continues to be reliable! I have had to replace many parts, but this is mostly due to normal wear and tear. Belts wear, seals leak. But that happens to any well used car. My engine and transmission are mechanically sound! I just bought a second Accord, because I was ready for new car with more features ( ex-l) and so don't want to sell my old one because I love it!

Solid Car
By gary from IL

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new 9 years ago. Now have 126M miles. It replaced a 1992 Accord my wife wrecked. The 1992 was a little smaller and more fun to drive. They keep making these Accords bigger and bigger. Honda replaced my transmission for free a few years back. Even gave me a rental for the day, so no sweat off my back. Great reliability, great interior design. Exterior is a little bland, especially compared to the new Accords. Driver seat hurts my old back after an hour or so. No rattles, no rust , no repairs except for normal maintenance. Mileage could be better, especially around town. Hope to drive it another 5 years until I can afford a new one!

Interior layout, reliability

More comfortable driver seat. Better Mileage. More sporty styling

My '01 Accord EX-L 5-Speed
By brad21ohio

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle with 101,000 miles on it for $7500. It is the EX 4cyl/manual transmission with leather package. It is a hard combo to find but well worth it. The car is loaded with safety and comfort features, the leather seats are VERY comfortable, the back seat is comfortable for two, and I love the audio controls on the steering wheel. I HIGHLY recommend the manual transmission with this car for several reasons. First, the automatic is well-know to be plagued by reliability issues, many people spend $3000+ replacing the transmission. The manual is trouble- free. Also, you can really squeeze the power out of this engine with the 5-speed, and the gas mileage is better.

Comfort, simple design of the interior is so easy to figure out, spacious interior, fuel economy, clean lines, good handling/comfort balance, huge trunk, decent stereo, wood trim, EXCELLENT visibility all the way around.

15 inch wheels are a little small for a car this size, 17s would look better and make the car handle better.

I just run and run
By Alain Boutin

2001 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Transmission misbehaved at 99.8K miles, warranty covered those models up to 100K miles ! The dealer replaced it for free. They replaced also the air bag for free. Noisy, stiff, it is a torture chamber. Both rear seat panels fell off. That is all. After 132K miles, the car still runs fine. That is what we expect from a car. To go from A to B. US market Honda are hard to repair in Canada. They are not even listed on their computer system. Relatively stable under slippery condition. Pedals too sensitive. It is a Canbox on 4 wheels. But a good Canbox.

Reliable (except the Automatic transmission)

Make them more comfortable, quieter