2001 Honda Accord DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

Honda ex sedan 4door (4cy,Auto, leather)
By dinola

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been very reliable. Gas mileage has been a consistent 24-28 MPG. Have not done anything to it except for brakes and Tires. Perform the normal services at 30,000 and 60,000 miles. Change oil regularly. The car is a 4 cyl automatic. It has plenty of pep. I find myself getting tired after sitting in driver seat for any length of time. Good Car. My son is now driving. Airbags all the way around.

Favorite Features

Reliability and decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Poor leather quality. Had to replace the driver's seat cover at 35,000 miles. It needs replacing again at 110,000 miles. Very expensive. Integrity of the car body. Very thin sheet metal. I guess it helps with the MPG

Transmission/engine performance
By robert10

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my Accord for 3 weeks now and have been generally pleased with its performance. However, I have two issues: 1) the transmission shifting is rough in the morning when the temperature is under 30 degrees. Once warmed up the transmission performs smoothly 2) the engine emits a strange 'refrigerator like sound when the fridge starts up'. The Honda only makes this sound when the gas pedal is depressed thereby loading the engine. Back off the gas pedal and the sound goes away. I tried hi-test gas thinking the engine had 'engine knock' but it didn't make any difference.

Favorite Features

Love the 6 CD player. I like the dash layout. Deplore the lack of a glove compartment light. Like the moon roof feature of the rear of the roof lifting up which greatly facilitates air flow.

Suggested Improvements

Glove compartment light.

Love the Car
By yam

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a used Honda Accord EX. The car was flawless when bought,even though it had some high miles,other than that it still driving very strong. I had another Accord previously,1997 loved it but the car was totaled due to a stupid driver, but safe! That is why I saw one at the dealership, I had the technicians look it over, it was excellently maintained. Hope to get another 2-3 yrs usage out of it. Great ride for awesome price, and the dealership took car of me well at Infiniti of Charlotte! Ask for mo he will take care of all your car buying needs!

Favorite Features

6-disc changer, gas mileage, ride and comfort of the seats!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing much just the drivers window is a bit weak,but think need to have the motor fixed,but great ridge though!

Sporty and SAFE!
By cyndi80

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was in a major accident in my 01 Accord coupe in July 07. Someone ran a stop sign and plowed into me going about 30 miles/hr. Although the car was totaled, I walked away without a scratch and did not even have soreness or a headache the next day! In all honesty, I did not buy the car for anything other than fun and sportiness. I am so glad I did though. I am convinced I would have been hurt in another car (the other driver was non-seriously injured). I felt so safe and good about my car, I went out and bought a new Accord, and refused to look at anything else! What a great car.

Favorite Features

Other than safety and design to hold up in an accident, I would say the driver seat and controls are excellent, they seem to all be in the right place and easy to figure out and adjust while driving. Love steering wheel mounted radio controls.

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise (sometimes noticeable on the highway).

A Nice Reliable Car
By Stenodactylus

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just took over my mom's Accord. Its a pretty nice car. The seats are reasonably comfortable and its got a decent sound system and good gas mileage. I feel very safe in this car, and I use it as my daily driver and commute car. Its pretty fun to drive, but I'm coming from driving a mini- van, so I don't suppose my vote means much in that area.

Favorite Features

Overall reliability. Nothing about this car stands out as awesome, but it doesn't have a single fault, either. I do like the 6 disc CD changer. The sound system is pretty nice too.

Suggested Improvements

None

2001 Accord
By VINCE

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

8 years of well balanced performance. Great drivability, great reliability, low cost maintenance (only regularly scheduled), excellent comfort & safety features. Just replaced tires, brakes & 1 headlight + 1 tailight bulbs.

Transmission problem
By rbur56

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Initially I was very satisfied with the vehicle. The car had good acceleration for a 4 cylinder. The auto is comfortable in city or highway driving. The brake pads needed replacing prematurely. The factory Michelin tire provide good traction but wear prematurely. The transmission also failed and required $2500 to repair at 140000 miles. The transmission had shifting difficulties before this. If the transmission had not failed I would have rated this car much higher.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and fuel economy are my favorite features of this car.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the transmission to extend the life. I think Honda has already done this. I would prefer tires with a harder rubber to extend the life without sacrificing traction too much. Change the angle on the AC vents so they can be directed toward the driver and passenger. Brakes should last longer.

Study, reliable car
By MJ Gehant CPA

2001 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a sturdy, reliable car. Handles well and very zippy. It makes up in reliability and durability what it lacks in excitement. No mechanical or body problems, decent mileage (though I expected better than 28 mpg but my lead foot may have something to do with that). I fully expect it will go another 300,000 miles or so, although another driver will get that experience since I'll be trading it off soon. No fault of the car - it's just time for me to move on to something else. My overall experience with this car has been great - nothing bad to say.

Great car
By Mike

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the EX V6 with dual front and side airbags, ABS and traction control because we wanted a safe car for our teenage drivers. Car runs exceptionally well - nearly as smooth as my 5 series BMW. Good mileage around town and on the road. Strong A/C (important since we live in FL).

Favorite Features

6 CD in dash changer, plenty of storage spaces. Fold down rear seat with pass through for long objects. Good quality leater seats, strong engine.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality exterior paint. We have a number of spots where the paint has faded. Maybe it is due to the harsh FL sun, but I have noticed quite a few other Accords with similar paint fade spots.

2001 Honda Accord VP
By ronald panaccione

2001 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Has provided superior performance from day one. No problems whatsoever. Minimal maintenance required in all areas. Original tires lasted 60m - brakes 50,000. Still has original muffler at 107,000 miles.