Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 241 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car.... when the transmission works.
By kramer265

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My vehicle had its transmission replaced at 53,000 miles (under the extended Honda warranty), it is now at 134,000 miles and is again in transmission failure.
The extended Honda warranty does not cover vehicles over 100,000 miles even if they replaced the transmission themselves.
Cost for a rebuild is $1800; $3500 for a new one.
The car is great!, but in my case the transmissions have averaged around 60k miles before failure.

Transmission

SUCH A GREAT CAR!!!!!
By 01robbie

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this car is seriously the best car i have ever owned. it just turned over 240,000 miles and only ever needed its routine maintenance done and a new clutch. i have owned this car since it was new and it still drives like it did when it was straight out of the dealership! these cars had issues with the automatics so i would stick with the 5 speed. its much funner anyways. oh and this has been driven down back roads and dirt roads all its life, just had the allignment checked and it was totally perfect to spec! that is awsome!!!

my favorite is that it is a 5 speed and that it is still geting 32 mpg

to me personaly i would like a 6 speed and a v6 buuut this car is truely great

3rd Transmission about to go!
By flred

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS and Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for nearly 5 years, I bought it from a family friend and dealership owner.
The car itself is a good automobile except we have replaced the transmission 3 times with used ones and yet again- this one is slipping REALLY bad.
I called Honda to express my concerns but they have yet to recall these darn transmissions after numerous complaints.
If you feel like your are the only person fighting the 2001 Accord Transmission problem, your not alone.
My husband also a mechanic has several friends to rebuild it but literally our cost is $2500.
If he were to do it himself, its around $2000. I had hoped in the mass recall would include this Accord but it didnt.
FIGHT FIGHT!

The proper thing for Honda of America to do would be to review all the consumer complaints of this year and fix them already! If everyone reached out to them that had issues, I am pretty sure they would recall them. Such a shame, I have always been a Honda owner and fan- but my next vehicle will NOT be a Honda. I am so disappointed with the newer models.... Such a tragedy.

Great value car in long run
By kripsing

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Let's see i got this car for $5.5K with 142K miles . Tranny cost me $2k.
Have been driving in city for last 4 years and have 183k miles . Can't beat that .

Good but not so good
By ablack

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS and Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in 2001.
The transmission lasted until 2009.
I had another one put in and it lasted 7 months.
I was not happy about this issue and did not find that the 2001 was standard for transmission failure.
I feel like another consumer that Honda knew about the failure and sold the car for regular price.
This does allow me to place my trust in honda very well.
I wish there was someone that could make honda pay the 2001 owners back.
All that money and no car, does not seem very fair.
They have theirs and they are gone.

I loved the bass of the radio. I also like the shape of the car. The inside was fair but cloth seats well you know. I like shining the black trim around the car. and I liked the way it handle. Never had a accident to deploy the air bags.

See above notes