3rd Transmission about to go!
By flred on
2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS and Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)
I have owned this car for nearly 5 years, I bought it from a family friend and dealership owner. The car itself is a good automobile except we have replaced the transmission 3 times with used ones and yet again- this one is slipping REALLY bad. I called Honda to express my concerns but they have yet to recall these darn transmissions after numerous complaints. If you feel like your are the only person fighting the 2001 Accord Transmission problem, your not alone. My husband also a mechanic has several friends to rebuild it but literally our cost is $2500. If he were to do it himself, its around $2000. I had hoped in the mass recall would include this Accord but it didnt. FIGHT FIGHT!
Suggested Improvements
The proper thing for Honda of America to do would be to review all the consumer complaints of this year and fix them already! If everyone reached out to them that had issues, I am pretty sure they would recall them. Such a shame, I have always been a Honda owner and fan- but my next vehicle will NOT be a Honda. I am so disappointed with the newer models.... Such a tragedy.
By skitless23
on 11/30/11 19:56 PM (PST)

You need to look into this further. Both my girlfriend and myself have the exact same model as you. She had a very minor transmission slip and mentioned it to her Honda service department. They said the transmission was recalled and replaced it, no questions asked. I knew about this and also complained but to a different Honda dealership. They said there was no recall. So I went back to my girlfriends dealer, repeated the same complaint and the transmission was replaced. Not sure why one dealer couldn't find the recall and the other could but this is the way it was.

By skitless23
on 11/30/11 19:57 PM (PST)

I will add that I live in Canada.