Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I expected better from Honda
By lucy jo

2001 Honda Accord LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It has been fine, until I made my last payment, I have had to have the motor mounts replaced (over $500!). Now some console lights go on and off and my fuel light doesn't work anymore and the dealer said they would have to pull everything apart and charge me to find out why it doesn't work.

Favorite Features

the garage opener and it is a honda

Suggested Improvements

fix the console! what is the deal with the motor mounts, my civic with over 150K miles never had this problem!!

Rhonda's Review
By Prtyflwrs

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 1998 almost identical and loved it. It got totaled, so I replaced it with the 2001. I love it as well. I think that it is extremely stylish. I love the comfort and the leather. I really enjoy the climate control system. I have yet to find another car that I would want to trade it in for.

Favorite Features

My favorite features would have to be the climate control, the 6-disc cd changer, the power seats, and the leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

One thing that I was dissapointed about was the fact that it was not available in a Manual. I think that if you are buying a V-6, you should be able to get the transmission that you want.

Honda for good
By Texidor

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Good quality & performance overall.

Favorite Features

CD-player

Suggested Improvements

Automatic transmission, stiif ride, wind noise, false alarms: side air bags, engine check lights.

Could be better
By areiaman

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is a 4 cyl/ automatic transmission. Had to replace the brake system power booster 2 wks after purchase (almost rear ended another vehicle). Now the car has developed a chugging noise in the front end and nobody is able to troubleshoot it. Sheet metal is paper thin, paint chips very easily. The engine has enough power, but you really have to punch the gas. LOTS of tire and wind noise and whinny transmission. Overall, a slightly less than average ownership experience and definitely not what I expected from a manufacturer with such reputation for quality and reliability.

Favorite Features

tight turning circle agile for a medium sized car spacious interior decent mileage with 87 octane gas

Suggested Improvements

Not as reliable as they say. Craftmanship is ok, but car is just too fragile to sustain initial quality level over time.

Best Car I have Ever Owned
By allen2h

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Honda VTEC engine with manual transmission = highly refined drivetrain. Just put it in second gear and rip it all the way up to 6,000 rpm. This is not abusing the engine - this is giving this Honda engine the exercise that it yearns for. Very smooth manual shifter - I can shift to any given gear at any time with a precision that takes my breath away. High quality interior materials - nothing looks or is cheap. No rattles, only one minor squeak from the seat when I do hard cornering. Plenty of storage bins. Mileage: 1398 divided by 42.366 = 33.0 mpg when driving easy, 27 - 28 mpg when driving hard. Drawback: Hard cabin air filters replacement.

Favorite Features

6 disc in dash cd changer; Ice cold A/C; Extreemly reliable vehicle; Good all around ergonomics; exacting fit and finish interior; exacting body gaps exterior. Center console storage is really two bins in one - and you can open the lower bin while the upper bin is still closed.

Suggested Improvements

High beams switch is on the steering wheel column - it belongs on the floorboard; Brake light switch clicks and can be felt when activating brakes; excessive windshield and rear view mirror wind noise; no telescopic steering wheel; inaccurate fuel gauge; onion skinned thin paint.