2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews 20

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
An awesom car!
By mc1223 on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive a Jetta which I loved, but decided to go with a Honda after my friend put 179k on her '89 Accord, which ran incredible. I have a '02 Accord EX Coupe (only 4cyl), which could be faster, but thats what performance intakes and exhaust systems are for. Its extremely comfortable and rides very smooth. Gas mileage is good, which helps me with the amount of miles I put on it. The car is good looking, which will turn heads once I finish with the work I am doing to it. Bottom line...this car will run forever if you take car of it and is one of the most reliable cars out there. Resale value is also excellent.

Honda Accord EX-L
By Ryan Riederer on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Accord has been comfortable and functional yet not terriably exciting. Our car has had the air bags stolen twice in less than two years and is a direct result form being such a popular car. As much as I like hondas I will never purchase another until the something has been done to change the conformity of the airbags. I know it is cheaper for Honda to have uniform airbags in every Arura and Honda but this only increases the value (ability to fence) on the black market.

Good car bad radio and dealer
By Hello y on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The accord is a very good car. I purchased a 4 banger so power is low, but fuel mileage is very good. Quite a bit of road noise. Great suspension and brakes (abs w/ex model). Car seems to require very little maintenance, unless you follow the dealer suggestions which will bankrupt you and probably do more damage than good to a very well assembled car. Rear seating is average and trunk is small. Radio reception is very poor and I was very pleased to find out the dealer could have cared less. Their loss as I no longer have the car serviced there and will not repeat purchase.

This car is great
By Hondanewbie on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord LX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is awesome. It's my first too. It's a shame is doesn't have quite the sporty look I'd like but I got it for a great price and it has everything I want too. The engine is powerful and the gas mileage is incredible. I would recommmend this to everyone.

01 accord coup
By altezza on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

26k mile now with no problem.

Only one Honda
By blazer on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new. Most overrated car in America. Radio was defective new, replacement has problems. Front driver seat rail was defective new, replacement no better. Paint holds wax about 45 days, then dulls. Bought body side moldings new. Within 10 months the paint failed and dealer had to pull off moldings and replace. When I asked about warranty on replacements, dealer shrugged. Paid for mud flaps. They do not keep anything off body. What are they for? Worst problem is car hydroplanes above 35 MPH in moderate rain. And the traction control only functions up to 15 MPH. First and last Honda for me.

Awesome
By crystavol on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Awesome! My Accord is the most reliable and top quality vehicle. This is my second accord, and I will not buy anything else

GREAT
By ANDRIA on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Between this and the Toyota Camry the Honda won by a thousand miles!

You'll love it!!!
By Nickole on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

You Can't Go Wrong!

Not as good as I though...
By infinifrog on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At its 7,000 miles, the car refused to start, and the dealer said it is normal... it happened again for a couple of times until I traded it in for a Nissan Pathfinder after 15 months The VTEC V6 engine is good... very powerful and smooth...but style is just so-so and interior looks cheap... the leather seats just look like plastic...the painting is horrible...I can even scratch the bumper with my nails...