Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Trans Sucks
By manoh

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car by believing all the reviews and got dashed my head. With in one week of buying the Honda Accord EX V6 my transmission started giving problem. It got started slipping and engine light blinks and D4 light started blinking. Took it to mechanic and he told that need to rebuild transmission which could be $2000. If you still would like to go for this car , you are great!!!!!!!!

Honda knows this problem so need to given warranty replacement irrespective of mileage limitaitons.

I love my Honda
By planegeek614

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought my Accord from a dealer. While I have had to replace the clutch hydraulics and two coolant hoses, this car has been incredible. I drove 750 miles to Oregon and I got 32 mpg with the A/C on, driving 75 mph, with a ton of stuff in the trunk! The interior is a little dated, but this is a fantastic car. If you buy one of these, check that the timing belt and water pump have been replace, and stay away from the automatic transmissions, I've heard horror stories. But the great thing is that the manual transmission is better suited to the 2.3 liter engine anyway.

The surprisingly peppy VTEC engine, the 5 speed manual transmission, the sunroof, and the 6th gen Accord is the best looking IMHO. :)

Aside from the recalls on the Automatic transmissions, the interior quality is not as good as some Hondas, the seats are a little flat, stuff leaks.

181k Miles and Counting!
By sunnydriver

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS and Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It is a great car! I need an upgrade since I Have 2 kids. I Have a coupe so it is inconvenient to get in and out of. But I love it! Fixing to sell it. I bought it in Dec 2000. No problems yet!

Cruise control(basically in every car), 2.3L 148HP,

160k and still going strong
By mikroma1

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My first car that I have ever bought back in April of 2010 with 108,000 miles. Now in August of 2013, I have put 52 k miles on it with very little maintenance. It's becoming an old car, so naturally, it isn't as equipped as new cars with usb/ipod, navigation, lane-watch, etc. That being said, it is hard to find lots of features in this outdated 2001 accord. Back then, I am sure the standard features in this car were up to date and seemed fresh, even for the less expensive lx trim. With its durable engine, you can really push it which makes it fun. Has original clutch and brake rotors which still work like new. All I had to replace was a left front and left rearbushing on the sway bar

MT Reliable! MPG: I went 526 miles on a single tank on a road trip. That is with an after market air intake. However, I still had about 2 gallons in the tank. Engine: Surprisingly durable. It has had no faults in 160k miles. When vtec kicks in at around 2,500 rpms (you can hear the change w/ aftermarket intake) you can hear a pleasant throaty sound which I enjoy. Take it to redline a lot w/o worry of what it would do to engines of other car makes. Ergonomics: The driver seat position is the best out of any competitor in my opinion. The large windshield and side windows gives you maximum visibility 360 degrees. Trunk space: You will have enough space for 4 going on vacation.

On highways it seems to get a little noisy, but it drowns out and you get used to it a little bit down the road. Some interior illumination bulbs (light for clock, fan speed indicator, and odometer) have stopped working. If you have this problem, check the fuse box to see if you blown any fuses. You can replace them for cheap. Also, the clock illumination bulb is easily replaced. Go to your local honda dealer to buy one for around $5 Even though these lighting issues were a little annoying, it was easy to fix.

Excellent commuter car...
By freddys555

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Living in Chicago and having a hellish daily commute, I decided to take my younger brother's Honda Accord with 156,000 miles. The reliability is simply amazing. There has been no mechanical/electronic problems since purchase in 2001. The VTEC engine loves to rev and performs very well for a family type sedan. The double wishbone suspension is solid and gives back exactly what you put into it. There has been some minor interior issues but nothing abnormal. The transmission, in which Honda's quality suffered between 1999-2003, is starting to feel jerky. The headlamps made by Stanley are showing its age. Overall, this has been an impressive sedan with impeccable reliability.

VTEC engine, suspension, solid reliability/quality, extremely cost effective, retains value

ABS is optional, no sunroof, transmission shifts abruptly, generally noisy interior...