2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
UGH u DAMN TRANS
By peteytemple on 12/23/11 08:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2001 Accord and noticed some slipping within the first week from the Trans. Brought it back and they replaced it. Start driving down the road and realize the Shifting in the car is worse than it was b4. Brought it back and now they are fixing it again. Honestly after reading all the reviews about how this car has major transmission problems, I may just return the car. Something in my gut tells me to return it now b4 the 30 days is up and then to get screwed.

Great Car.... when the transmission works.
By kramer265 on 12/21/11 07:33 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My vehicle had its transmission replaced at 53,000 miles (under the extended Honda warranty), it is now at 134,000 miles and is again in transmission failure. The extended Honda warranty does not cover vehicles over 100,000 miles even if they replaced the transmission themselves. Cost for a rebuild is $1800; $3500 for a new one. The car is great!, but in my case the transmissions have averaged around 60k miles before failure.

SUCH A GREAT CAR!!!!!
By 01robbie on 11/06/11 20:47 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this car is seriously the best car i have ever owned. it just turned over 240,000 miles and only ever needed its routine maintenance done and a new clutch. i have owned this car since it was new and it still drives like it did when it was straight out of the dealership! these cars had issues with the automatics so i would stick with the 5 speed. its much funner anyways. oh and this has been driven down back roads and dirt roads all its life, just had the allignment checked and it was totally perfect to spec! that is awsome!!!

3rd Transmission about to go!
By flred on 11/01/11 13:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS and Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for nearly 5 years, I bought it from a family friend and dealership owner. The car itself is a good automobile except we have replaced the transmission 3 times with used ones and yet again- this one is slipping REALLY bad. I called Honda to express my concerns but they have yet to recall these darn transmissions after numerous complaints. If you feel like your are the only person fighting the 2001 Accord Transmission problem, your not alone. My husband also a mechanic has several friends to rebuild it but literally our cost is $2500. If he were to do it himself, its around $2000. I had hoped in the mass recall would include this Accord but it didnt. FIGHT FIGHT!

Great value car in long run
By kripsing on 10/13/11 11:32 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Let's see i got this car for $5.5K with 142K miles . Tranny cost me $2k. Have been driving in city for last 4 years and have 183k miles . Can't beat that .

Good but not so good
By ablack on 03/01/11 09:13 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS and Side Airbags (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in 2001. The transmission lasted until 2009. I had another one put in and it lasted 7 months. I was not happy about this issue and did not find that the 2001 was standard for transmission failure. I feel like another consumer that Honda knew about the failure and sold the car for regular price. This does allow me to place my trust in honda very well. I wish there was someone that could make honda pay the 2001 owners back. All that money and no car, does not seem very fair. They have theirs and they are gone.

SAFE MY LIFE...SEVEN TIMES
By always7 on 12/26/10 17:56 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I used to own a 2001 Naples Gold EX Honda Accord. I had it for nine years and had only 39,000 miles. Unfortunately, I was involved in seven cars accidents with this car. It survived six accidents. It was totaled approximately a month ago, alas, the seventh car accident. Fortunately, I was able to walk away from all those accidents in one piece. I never had any problems with this car (except the accidents). This was a great car and I got an outstanding deal on it. However, no more Hondas for me.

Love my car
By Loyal Honda customer on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord Value Package 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2001 Accord vp! It has over 185k miles and continues to be reliable! I have had to replace many parts, but this is mostly due to normal wear and tear. Belts wear, seals leak. But that happens to any well used car. My engine and transmission are mechanically sound! I just bought a second Accord, because I was ready for new car with more features ( ex-l) and so don't want to sell my old one because I love it!

Solid Car
By gary from IL on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new 9 years ago. Now have 126M miles. It replaced a 1992 Accord my wife wrecked. The 1992 was a little smaller and more fun to drive. They keep making these Accords bigger and bigger. Honda replaced my transmission for free a few years back. Even gave me a rental for the day, so no sweat off my back. Great reliability, great interior design. Exterior is a little bland, especially compared to the new Accords. Driver seat hurts my old back after an hour or so. No rattles, no rust , no repairs except for normal maintenance. Mileage could be better, especially around town. Hope to drive it another 5 years until I can afford a new one!

My '01 Accord EX-L 5-Speed
By brad21ohio on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle with 101,000 miles on it for $7500. It is the EX 4cyl/manual transmission with leather package. It is a hard combo to find but well worth it. The car is loaded with safety and comfort features, the leather seats are VERY comfortable, the back seat is comfortable for two, and I love the audio controls on the steering wheel. I HIGHLY recommend the manual transmission with this car for several reasons. First, the automatic is well-know to be plagued by reliability issues, many people spend $3000+ replacing the transmission. The manual is trouble- free. Also, you can really squeeze the power out of this engine with the 5-speed, and the gas mileage is better.