2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
great car
By maddawg on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

love to drive my honda a little disapointed in the gas milage the drivers seat not that great for my commute to and from work had to replace front rotors and pads already at 60000 kms still very pleased

Not all hondas are reliable
By Johnnytheman on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car has visited the dealer at least 2 times a month from a faulty leather to the oxegen sensor to the cat converter. i have had to have the keys reprogamed twice and the cars have faulty alignment that creats uneven wear in the tires. this is in fact the worst new car experice by far

Get a stick, for better fuel economy
By Goldthumb on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, my experience has been good. When I first bought the car, I there was a problem with the shifting. I was given a loaner, and since then it has been perfect. The dealership was very relaxing and professional. (I owned an Eclipse before, and Mitsubishi service is simply horrific.) I am happy to be driving one of the most reliable cars on the road.

Surprised and Pleased
By dtskiles on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Left work to test drive the 330i. Came home with an EX V6. Mileage is better, better interiour design, and the performance seemed better.

Watch out for the transmission!!
By Hondawoman on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had my Honda 1.5 years and I need a transmission already. The dealership said there was a glitch in this particular year of Honda Accords. I never got anything in the mail telling me that. Thank goodness I still have 2,000 miles left on my warranty. New transmission shipped in from Japan-$4,500, 2 or 3 days of a rental car and labor? Hmmm, sounds a little expensive, even for a Honda!!

Love my V6!!!
By Ladybug on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

An excellent car with a smooth ride, though somewhat noisy on freeways. Mine is a 2002 and haven't had problems so far. With tinted windows, rear-end spoiler and fancy rims, it's a beauty and a road beast-at once. Love it!!!!

Love my V6!!!
By ladybug on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

An awesom car!
By mc1223 on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I used to drive a Jetta which I loved, but decided to go with a Honda after my friend put 179k on her '89 Accord, which ran incredible. I have a '02 Accord EX Coupe (only 4cyl), which could be faster, but thats what performance intakes and exhaust systems are for. Its extremely comfortable and rides very smooth. Gas mileage is good, which helps me with the amount of miles I put on it. The car is good looking, which will turn heads once I finish with the work I am doing to it. Bottom line...this car will run forever if you take car of it and is one of the most reliable cars out there. Resale value is also excellent.

Honda Accord EX-L
By Ryan Riederer on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Accord has been comfortable and functional yet not terriably exciting. Our car has had the air bags stolen twice in less than two years and is a direct result form being such a popular car. As much as I like hondas I will never purchase another until the something has been done to change the conformity of the airbags. I know it is cheaper for Honda to have uniform airbags in every Arura and Honda but this only increases the value (ability to fence) on the black market.

Good car bad radio and dealer
By Hello y on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The accord is a very good car. I purchased a 4 banger so power is low, but fuel mileage is very good. Quite a bit of road noise. Great suspension and brakes (abs w/ex model). Car seems to require very little maintenance, unless you follow the dealer suggestions which will bankrupt you and probably do more damage than good to a very well assembled car. Rear seating is average and trunk is small. Radio reception is very poor and I was very pleased to find out the dealer could have cared less. Their loss as I no longer have the car serviced there and will not repeat purchase.